PDA

View Full Version : Running on Slot track

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.07.10, 07:58 PM
Hey fellas I finally got my mini-z's working again. And when I go race my 1/10th scale cars at Primetime hobbies they allow me to run my z's on there slot tracks and they run great on them. Any of you who have z's or normal rc cars should come out on a weekend and try it out yourself. Its very fun and outgoing. They tracks are great for stock or xmod motors. Hope some of you will join us one day and start the z's going up there also besides patricks place. Lets support both tracks and get the z;s big again here in ga

AtlRC
2006.07.13, 11:55 AM
Sounds cool Chad. I'll try to make it up there sometime soon for 1/10 and Mini-Z's. Yes, we should promote R/C (big and small) as much as possible. The more people we get involved, the more fun for everyone. My daughter's b'day party is this weekend so I won't be able to make it this Sunday but I'll try to soon.

Thanks.

dean
2006.07.13, 08:34 PM
I bet if you cut RCP tiles and inlay them it would be a killer track.
I ran before on a slot track,the overlands do really well on them.

Shaun
2006.07.18, 10:20 AM
Patrick - How's it going?

I have been bitten by the Mini-Cooper bug! We have been racing them in Calhoun. These things are a blast. We have a good group of them racing and it's getting bigger. Shaun, Chad, Danny, Keith, Mike, Eddie, Kumpol, Arun, Wes, Tommy so far...

People really seem to like these cars. Especially, when they find out how cheap they are!
Do you still have your Mini? Did you have any hop-ups on it? You should try to come out on Sunday the 23rd.

Check it out.
http://www.gaseries.360k.com/

AtlRC
2006.07.19, 11:55 AM
Hey Shaun - Sounds like fun! Yeah I still have mine. If I remember right, it's tricked out as much as legally possible for the TCS race. Looks like there is quite a group racing... more fun yet!

I don't think I'll be able to make the 23rd, but will try to come race with you guys soon.

How have you done against those guys? Looks like some really good competition!

Shaun
2006.07.19, 05:27 PM
Hey Shaun - Sounds like fun! Yeah I still have mine. If I remember right, it's tricked out as much as legally possible for the TCS race. Looks like there is quite a group racing... more fun yet!

I don't think I'll be able to make the 23rd, but will try to come race with you guys soon.

How have you done against those guys? Looks like some really good competition!

I'm doing good so far. The 23rd will be the first time all of us will get to race together. This past weekend half the crowd was in Sugar Hill racing TC.
We had 4 Minis on Saturday and Sunday. It was still a lot of fun! :) Look forward to seeing you up here with your Mini. You don't have any extra 540 stock motors that are super fast? :) Getting these stock motors to run faster seems to be half the battle.

http://tfbraceway.com/results/2006-07-16/MINI%20COOPER_round0_A-main.html

minizmania
2006.10.08, 06:45 PM
I'm doing good so far. The 23rd will be the first time all of us will get to race together. This past weekend half the crowd was in Sugar Hill racing TC.
We had 4 Minis on Saturday and Sunday. It was still a lot of fun! :) Look forward to seeing you up here with your Mini. You don't have any extra 540 stock motors that are super fast? :) Getting these stock motors to run faster seems to be half the battle.

http://tfbraceway.com/results/2006-07-16/MINI%20COOPER_round0_A-main.html
You talk about racing. The PLanet Hobbys new track is totally awesome. Its in Anderson, S.C. and the track is a combination of NASCAR racing and also a very large road course. Its all RCP custom stuff. The guy has all the kits, parts , and Core Lap timer. Anyone in the Georgia are should give it a try. Its only about a 1.5 hour drive to there.
Charlie

theplanethobbys
2006.10.08, 06:49 PM
Hey fellas I finally got my mini-z's working again. And when I go race my 1/10th scale cars at Primetime hobbies they allow me to run my z's on there slot tracks and they run great on them. Any of you who have z's or normal rc cars should come out on a weekend and try it out yourself. Its very fun and outgoing. They tracks are great for stock or xmod motors. Hope some of you will join us one day and start the z's going up there also besides patricks place. Lets support both tracks and get the z;s big again here in ga

Charlie,
Thanks for the great comment. I have tried to get all together for the last few months and hopefully when it gets cold around here we will be booming. I want to do Fri. night racing cause thats kinda like a tradition here in the South.
Todd
Planet Owner

Shaun
2006.10.11, 09:33 AM
You talk about racing. The PLanet Hobbys new track is totally awesome. Its in Anderson, S.C. and the track is a combination of NASCAR racing and also a very large road course. Its all RCP custom stuff. The guy has all the kits, parts , and Core Lap timer. Anyone in the Georgia are should give it a try. Its only about a 1.5 hour drive to there.
Charlie

When I said mini I was talking about 1/10 scale mini cooper. Don't want to run those on a RCP track.

Any pics of the SC tracks?

Mzfreak
2006.10.27, 06:00 PM
Hey how are you guys doin? I havn't been on this forum for months since we stopped racing. My z's have just been sitting around the whole time. lol Totally forgot about them. Patrick, are you planning to have any g2gs anytime?

andy

AtlRC
2006.10.30, 09:41 PM
Hey Andy Man!

Say it ain't so! :eek: Mini-Z's sitting around collecting dust?!?! We have to do something about that!

Yes, we are planning to hold more races! I will post a detailed announcement tomorrow. We have a new location, a different track, and a new schedule!

Check back tomorrow for more details. Hope to see you soon (in a couple of weeks).

-Patrick