PDA

View Full Version : Core only works without power plugged into laptop

hobbycar
2006.07.15, 10:30 AM
We had a weird issue yesterday at our Ann Arbor GTG. The Core wouldn't count laps if my laptop power adapter was plugged in :eek:.

This was the first time we've seen this problem as we've been using this setup for the last 5-6 months.

Fortunately my laptop battery had enough juice to do the HFAY OLPS event and we plugged it back in to recharge between events (unplugging the laptop before starting the next race).

Any ideas why this would be the case and suggestions on what to check on my laptop (e.g. is the a power setting that changes the USB port setting when the Power Adapter is plugged in????)?

-hobbycar

CoreAnalog
2006.07.15, 11:18 AM
We had a weird issue yesterday at our Ann Arbor GTG. The Core wouldn't count laps if my laptop power adapter was plugged in :eek:.

This was the first time we've seen this problem as we've been using this setup for the last 5-6 months.

Fortunately my laptop battery had enough juice to do the HFAY OLPS event and we plugged it back in to recharge between events (unplugging the laptop before starting the next race).

Any ideas why this would be the case and suggestions on what to check on my laptop (e.g. is the a power setting that changes the USB port setting when the Power Adapter is plugged in????)?

-hobbycar

The AC power outlet was "dirty". Some appliances and lighting(anything with a transformer like garden lighting) can put a lot of noise onto the shared AC power lines/outlet. This can cause a lot of interference and make things unreliable.

--Core

arch2b
2006.07.15, 11:25 AM
good to know.