PDA

View Full Version : AWD Motor Swap

shuter
2006.07.17, 02:38 AM
Has anyone swapped their AWD motor into a MR-02? Wondering what the performance level would be. I have heard the motors are faster but without the AWD fets permitting the extra current flow, would it be slower than the MR-02 motor? Would it draw to much current through the MR-02 board and fry the fets?

DogbreathRacing
2006.07.17, 02:58 AM
Most of the FET Safe AWD motors are 47T Neo, Bearing motors, these are pretty common, they are very quick, have great torque, and have better top speeds than the K-X-Speed motors, and are many many many times faster than the stock motor...and are FET safe............I use these motors in all my cars and in my Monster, but it's as far as I would go for being FET safe for either the AWD or MR02. Drop below the 47T and you run the risk of serving up a set of FETs as "Burnt Offering Al'A Mode". Some guys get away with it, some even tell you that they run low turn mods with no problem (not yet anyhow)....but you always run the RISK!

...if you're talking the stock motors that came with the cars then there is no difference, the stock AWD motor and the stock 02 motor are the same.

shuter
2006.07.17, 03:02 AM
some of the FET Safe AWD motors are 47T Neo, Bearing motors, these are pretty common, they are very quick, have great torque, and have better top speeds than the K-X-Speed motors...and are FET safe............I use these motors in all my cars and in my Monster, but it's as far as I would go for being FET safe for either the AWD or MR02

Thanks for the input DB but I was really interested in the stock AWD motor swapped into a MR-02. Have you tried it?

DogbreathRacing
2006.07.17, 03:06 AM
Sorry was editing as you posted.....see above