PDA

View Full Version : Where in Wash DC do you guys race?

SangKang
2006.07.18, 02:25 PM
I was wondering if a friend and I could come and watch. We are also into Mini-Z cars. We also have set up a RCP - Track using 2 wide-L's and 1 45 degree track.

Thanks.

Spoon
2006.07.18, 02:50 PM
I was wondering if a friend and I could come and watch. We are also into Mini-Z cars. We also have set up a RCP - Track using 2 wide-L's and 1 45 degree track.

Thanks.

WATCH! You guys should come out and race. All are welcome. For directions, email Arch2B.

arch2b
2006.07.18, 07:16 PM
i sent address, i hope to see you guys on the 29th :)

simpleskin
2006.07.20, 06:44 AM
i sent address, i hope to see you guys on the 29th :)

Dave (Sang) and I should both be there on the 29th. Looking forward to see what others are doing. We have been living in the mini z vacuum of my basement for the last few months.
:)

arch2b
2006.07.20, 07:20 AM
i had been in a similar vaccuum for over a year while in dale city. just me and the parking lot...

simpleskin
2006.07.21, 08:28 AM
What side of the track do you guys run on? Looking at some of your gallery shots I see the rough side up. We always run smooth side up as I didn't like the feel of the rough side when I initially got my track. Though I was still running xmod's at the time.

That being said what side do most people use for general racing?

soyverde
2006.07.21, 08:52 AM
Generally people run on the rough side (as we do at the DC GTGs). I'm sure there are plenty who prefer the smooth side, though (I know chuckyluv practices with that side). As the track wears, it changes grip characteristics (arch's old track had a lot less bite on the rough side, as it had seen years of use). In any case, if you prefer things a bit looser it is always possible to change grip characteristics by moving to slightly harder tires.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you at the next GTG, and you've picked a good one if you like longer straights, as we'll be racing mod/spec/f1 on a longer track (outside, I believe). :cool:

arch2b
2006.07.21, 09:32 AM
layout needs to be picked from submitted designs, see other thread as we need to decide that there in the next week. it will be inside by default with drivers stand to be moved to the step or couch :p

yes, most if not all racing series use the rough side. it will wear down with time and use. the more you vaccuum it, the faster it will smooth out as well if you use a bristle floor attachment.

simpleskin
2006.07.21, 01:20 PM
yes, most if not all racing series use the rough side. it will wear down with time and use. the more you vaccuum it, the faster it will smooth out as well if you use a bristle floor attachment.

Cool. Well it looks like Dave and I will be switching our track to the rough side tonight. Not looking forward to unscrewing all those pins
:eek:

-justin

arch2b
2006.07.21, 01:36 PM
thats not entirely necessary. you just have to note your tire settings so you can change back to them. for the rough side, gpm 8's or kyohso 20 for the rear and gpm 8 or up to 20 for the front depending on your steering preferences for the rough side.

SangKang
2006.07.21, 01:46 PM
We wanted a long straight away.

I guess it will look different after we flip it to the rough side.

simpleskin
2006.07.21, 01:59 PM
We wanted a long straight away.

I guess it will look different after we flip it to the rough side.

Yep, we're flipping to rough side and also time for a new layout. I can run the current layout full throttle with my eyes closed....

justin kidding! At least about the eyes closed part :D

simpleskin
2006.07.24, 08:19 AM
We switched our track over the weekend to the rough side and came up with new layout. All I can say is wow! The rough side is much better, better control of drifts and slides. Cars slip just enough when you need them too. Feel like I have been playing a video game in hard mode without knowing it. Love it! I'll post pictures of the new layout later...

-justin

Spoon
2006.08.23, 07:15 PM
Anybody else got a number they want? I am working on them now...