PDA

View Full Version : OL alloy motor pod

im8im8
2006.07.18, 06:05 PM
Hey overland buddies,

Does an alloy motor pod for the overland exist? If so, who makes it and where can I get on? Getting tired of replacing the plastic motor pod.

MINIz guy11
2006.07.18, 08:22 PM
it exists and is made by gpm. i was considering this but am worried thats its too heavy

im8im8
2006.07.19, 03:02 AM
it exists and is made by gpm. i was considering this but am worried thats its too heavy

I just saw the part on the GPM overland alloy parts poster. Unfortunately the TinyRC.com ran out of them. It is totally worth it if you constantly break the motor pod me like. It kept breaking where the rear shocks meet up with the motor pod. Hey let me know if youfind a place that sells it. Heck I am even willing to buy a use one if someone has one.

arch2b
2006.07.19, 07:59 AM
it will add a lot of weight but if your spending 8 bucks or so every month on new stock parts it may indeed be worth the exra cost and weight.

jjlove
2006.07.19, 07:25 PM
I put one on my OL but before I installed I put it on the scale to find out that it is twice as heavy as the plastic one. I drilled a bunch of holes in the alum one the get is as close as possible to the plastic one with out going to far. I ran it and it ran nice. The center mount on the bottom needs a shim or it will bind. I will post some pics.