PDA

View Full Version : Summer Break

AtlRC
2006.07.20, 06:08 PM
It looks like we will be taking a summer break. Turn out has been low and some people are running 1/10th scale outdoors. Now could be a good time to fix up your cars, maybe prepare your own MR02 with VDS body!

I will use the summer to try and finish the room for racing and build my new track. It should really be nice! I'll post an announcement in Oct or Nov as to the winter racing plans. We should try to do points as well.

Hope to see everyone in the fall. If anyone would like to come practice this summer, contact me and I'm sure we could set something up.

If anyone new needs any info about our racing, don't hesitate to contact me over the summer as well (click my user name "atlRC" or the yellow VW and send me an e-mail).

Have a great summer,
-Patrick

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.07.20, 09:09 PM
It might be a break from Patricks house but we can still run the z's at the Calhoun track on the slot track. I do that in between races its alot of fun It anyone including you Patrick that want to get together and run their let me know and we can set up something. They want to start a race series at their place if people show. Also race 10th scale with us

AtlRC
2006.07.21, 09:48 AM
Yeah, sounds good Chad. If anyone is interested, the 1/10th scale Tamiya Mini-Coopers are a lot of fun and relatively inexpensive too. They may be a good alternative to racing Z's this summer... or you can take your Z's to the slot track that Chad mentioned.

Check out the site that Shaun posted for more info. http://www.gaseries.360k.com/ I'm sure Shaun or Chad (or myself if I'm there) will let you take a test drive with one of thier cars.

bemoore
2006.08.12, 08:55 PM
Patrick, how are things going with your new track? Do you have an expected date when you plan to resume racing? I've missed the racing, but Summer has been really busy for me so I'm not too sorry that you took a break.

AtlRC
2006.08.24, 09:43 PM
Patrick, how are things going with your new track? Do you have an expected date when you plan to resume racing? I've missed the racing, but Summer has been really busy for me so I'm not too sorry that you took a break.

Yeah, summer has been busy for me too. I'm thinking to resume racing late October or November. I'll keep everyone posted. I went and ran my 1/10 Mini Cooper with Shaun, Mike and Chad. It was fun! ...and the cars are under $200 ;).

As far as the new Mini-Z track, I've created some wall covers that allow the cars to glance off the wall beautifully! I plan on having these all in place by the next racing season. I'm still working on getting material for the new track. Also working on basement and I hope to get the racing room more finished by winter.

Later,
-Patrick

wiggindude
2006.09.12, 05:26 AM
Yeah, summer has been busy for me too. I'm thinking to resume racing late October or November. I'll keep everyone posted. I went and ran my 1/10 Mini Cooper with Shaun, Mike and Chad. It was fun! ...and the cars are under $200 ;).

As far as the new Mini-Z track, I've created some wall covers that allow the cars to glance off the wall beautifully! I plan on having these all in place by the next racing season. I'm still working on getting material for the new track. Also working on basement and I hope to get the racing room more finished by winter.

Later,
-Patrick
I am looking for a local hobby shop that carries mini z parts and cars.. any ideas?

thanks