PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes OL Opinion

Lexus86
2006.07.26, 12:52 PM
Im about to buy the Mercedes OL (my harrier is "discontinued" :( ) . If you have it, what are your thoughts . Do you enjoy yours :) , or should i buy a different model (like the Porche :D )?

briankstan
2006.07.26, 01:08 PM
Im about to buy the Mercedes OL (my harrier is "discontinued" :( ) . If you have it, what are your thoughts . Do you enjoy yours :) , or should i buy a different model (like the Porche :D )?

Alot of this depends on your intended purpose. Are you racing? crawling? obstacales?

the shorter bodies (pajero) will turn better, while the long wide bodies (H1)are more stable under speed.

arch2b
2006.07.26, 03:35 PM
the g55 is certainly beautiful looking! it woul dbe awsome to see someone paint one per german military fashion....

essentially it's a rolling brick however. it's soo tall and heavy it is not a good choice for racing, much like the h2. the porsche is also nice looking but for different reasons. it's a very slick and smooth suv. nice lines and little to distract you. some may think it boring but it's a nice body. it's a bit long for my taste but still not bad on the track.

for racing i prefer either the x5, harrier or pajero.

for offorad, nothing beats the h1. stock, it has clearances for just about everything.

Lexus86
2006.07.26, 03:49 PM
Alot of this depends on your intended purpose. Are you racing? crawling? obstacales?

the shorter bodies (pajero) will turn better, while the long wide bodies (H1)are more stable under speed.

I was thinking moderate off roading with some obstacles (like books and stuff) :cool:

briankstan
2006.07.26, 04:11 PM
the H1 is also a great race body (with the right setup) We race with obstacales on the track along with some jumps. it's a very stable body with the wide track width.

throw some Oil shocks, and some +3 GPM dish wheels, and Kyosho ML tires on it and it gives you wide stance and a great racer. it takes the jumps ever so smooth. you'll need some stock 8.5mm racer tires to go inside the OL tires. :D

Lexus86
2006.07.26, 05:28 PM
Sounds good :)

Lexus86
2006.07.26, 05:29 PM
Any other thoughts on the Mercedes OL

Lexus86
2006.07.27, 10:31 AM
Well, i took your guy's advice and decided to buy the Porche Cayanne:cool:. It'l be here in a couple of days! :) Thanks for all your help ;)

G-Class
2006.07.27, 10:57 AM
I love the Mercedes G55 AMG. It's sweet. In real life, they're the best SUV inside and out. Built solid as can be with real nice "designo" leather. Back to the OL, it is a bit top heavy. The H1 is one of the most versatile bodies I think. But have fun with your new Porsche. (They're pretty nice in real life too. But I prefer the G-Class wagon.)

Lexus86
2006.07.27, 02:05 PM
I will :D Thanks for your opinion :) Well, should be here in a couple of days :cool: