PDA

View Full Version : GTG in staten island Aug. 2nd

CDR racing
2006.07.26, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your summer so far. Here's some Action RC news for all of my fellow racers:

Wednesday, August 2nd - Free practice racing! We will have a track set up at the South Avenue Car Show at 7pm. The car show will be at the West Shore Plaza, right off of Rte. 440's South Avenue exit. This is a pretty big car show, so come and check out some cool cars and some free practice racing. Naturally, this is weather-permitting. The store will be closed this night, but if the forecast is not very good, we'll be open for regular practice and racing.

Mini Cooper Spec - This class has been expanded into more of a Mini Cooper vs. VW Beetle class. Either body will now be permitted, and possibly other small hatchback-style bodies. The same rules will apply - stock motor, motor case, electronics, etc. This has been a lot of fun, so come to Action RC and pick up your Mini Cooper, which are all discounted, today!

Drift Racing - This is another event that has been a lot of fun! We've been running drift races every night! If you have an AWD car and do not have drift tires, you don't know what you're missing. If you do NOT have an AWD car - what are you waiting for!?

That's all for now. Hope to see everyone this week, as well as next Wednesday at the car show!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com
718-317-5420

CDR racing
2006.07.28, 09:37 PM
if anyone thinks they are coming then let me know so i can tell the owner

MINIz guy11
2006.07.28, 11:39 PM
i might go on mini cooper spec day and transform my second 02 into a cooper. does Al have the body, chassis and all the stuff i need to make a 1.5?

Lionblade
2006.07.29, 12:10 PM
Since it's a wednesday, I can probably make it.

MINIz guy11
2006.07.29, 05:02 PM
scratch that im coning, im at camp still

LouC
2006.07.30, 03:16 PM
i will be there - do you know if we need to bring a table and chairs?
also - is he going to have electric there?

CDR racing
2006.07.30, 08:40 PM
i will be there - do you know if we need to bring a table and chairs?
also - is he going to have electric there?

Al and I will be goin to the track tuesday to bring the track and we will be bringin tables and chairs. he is working on gettin electric and he thinks he will have it but it would be a good idea to bring some extra packs of batteries just in case.

Lionblade
2006.08.02, 02:50 PM
I can't go. Sorry guys. :(

SaiTam
2006.08.02, 04:25 PM
------------------

monkey19
2006.08.02, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately Me RG and Ryan cant make it out there tonight :( :( :( .But we will hopefully be there tomorrow

SaiTam
2006.08.02, 10:48 PM
Did anybody burn their FETs tonight in the extreme heat?

junior
2006.08.03, 12:22 AM
Did anybody burn their FETs tonight in the extreme heat?

No it was actually a fun night. The heat wasn't to bad once the sun went down. Just had to be smart and not run it for along time straight. It was a fun change a pace.

LouC
2006.08.03, 09:55 AM
It was alot of fun. No burnt FETS!!
There was alot of attention drawn to us.
Hopefully Al will pick up some new racers
from it.

I hope he does it again!!

SaiTam
2006.08.03, 10:26 AM
No it was actually a fun night. The heat wasn't to bad once the sun went down. Just had to be smart and not run it for along time straight. It was a fun change a pace.

I asked because I'll be attending an outdoor race in Sept. Not sure whether 8T and 8 min race will ruin the FETs.

Any pics from the race?

briankstan
2006.08.03, 10:51 AM
I have run many races outside in 90* + temps and I haven't had any issues with burning fets. you should be good to go.

We have run both 8 and 9 tooth pinions on Kyosho stock, X-speed and PN speedy 05 motors. and our longest race is 12 minutes.

LouC
2006.08.03, 12:08 PM
I asked because I'll be attending an outdoor race in Sept. Not sure whether 8T and 8 min race will ruin the FETs.

Any pics from the race?

al had a camera - hopefully he will post them soon

soulstice
2006.08.03, 01:03 PM
damn. Wish I had been able to make it out for this. Oh well next time.

CDR racing
2006.08.04, 02:07 PM
Sai- No one burned FETS that night to my knowledge and it was very fun. A little difficult because there was a lot of traction do to the heat and a lot of bumps from the uneven pavement. I did see Al taking some pictures so i guess he will be putting them on the site.

CDR racing
2006.08.04, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately Me RG and Ryan cant make it out there tonight :( :( :( .But we will hopefully be there tomorrow

Is this Joe?

SaiTam
2006.08.04, 02:13 PM
Yes you are supposed to run stock tires for outdoor hot temp. And I gotta tell you ARCMS has a very smooth floor.

Sai- No one burned FETS that night to my knowledge and it was very fun. A little difficult because there was a lot of traction do to the heat and a lot of bumps from the uneven pavement. I did see Al taking some pictures so i guess he will be putting them on the site.

monkey19
2006.08.04, 02:14 PM
Is this Joe?

yep its me

CDR racing
2006.08.04, 02:19 PM
Yes you are supposed to run stock tires for outdoor hot temp. And I gotta tell you ARCMS has a very smooth floor.

Hmm. Stock tires on RCP? wow did not know that. thnx for the tip