PDA

View Full Version : Best Setup: MA010 for Mini96

PaulBoth
2006.07.27, 02:55 PM
Hey Guys,

Looking for suggestions on an ideal setup for the MA010 on my Mini96 track. (what works for you)

Currently Car Setup:
- Carbon Center Shaft
- Bearings
- Atomic Ball Diffs F/R
- 0 front toe/-1 rear toe
- -1 camber all around
- Atomic Stock motor

Car handles okay, but looking for a better setup to compare it against/to (even if it means a complete change). So please suggest away...

PB

Draconious
2006.07.27, 04:39 PM
Works fine stock, anything else is preference...

color01
2006.07.27, 09:13 PM
Well, what are you looking for? Your toe settings are good for efficiency/speed, and I assume you can control it; A little more camber could do you good.

If anything, aluminum cvd's will give you less lag between throttle and car movement.

jaeneke
2006.07.28, 03:42 AM
i currently drive this on our double 96RCP with 2 expansions :

body:
-murcielago with atomic spoiler

chassis :
-titanium kyosho center drive shaft
-aloy drive shafts 3 racing
-atomic ball diffs front and back
-31-19 gears
-ball bearings
-speedy 05 BB motor(not AWD motor)
-pn extension kit
-pn upper front deck
-pn upper rear deck
-pn knuckles 1 on each corner
-pn 1 toe bar rear
-pn 0 toe bar front
-bleu gray chassis upgrade
-tagu wheels for AWD with following off set's : front +1.5 , rear +0.5(wide)
(these wheels are actually to narrow and new wheels will be ordered @ tagu soon)
-pn motor heatsink
-fet upgrade

PaulBoth
2006.07.30, 10:52 AM
I'm just looking for some comparative setups... Seeing if someone has something totally different than mine that might be worth trying.
PB

jaeneke
2006.07.30, 10:55 AM
I'm just looking for some comparative setups... Seeing if someone has something totally different than mine that might be worth trying.
PB

well... try to lose that atomic stock ! it has to much torque/brake...
better try a speedy 05(bb) or a X-speed or if you want torque but not as much as the atomic you need the speedy NM !

the rest of the set up seems good enough to me.

wiggindude
2006.09.23, 09:31 AM
Guys.. I see the HOP UPS!

But what about springs, spacers, tires, and bodies?

I have 2 AWD one modified and one stock..

I have yellows in the front on the stock and purple in the rear. I run both ball diffs. the front is slightly tighter than the rear. This moring I am going to put a spacer in the rear of the car due to the springs I got in the mail are the short ones.. I do not have any other springs except the stock ones.. and the 2 sets i got were for the ma02.

Tires.. 20 fronts 8 rear

Bodies. - currently NSX.. I just ordered the extension kit the new one.. with the delrin gears.. so i will try the Enzo next week.

Spacers. - 1 mm all around.

1 deg all the way around knuckels
1 deg in the rear
-.5 front
front and rear pn alum supports
titanuim center shaft.
Heat sink

If I could find a set up sheet I would submit..

Thanks
Sean

gnehcoel
2006.10.06, 12:55 PM
Hey Guys,

Looking for suggestions on an ideal setup for the MA010 on my Mini96 track. (what works for you)

PB

Do you have expansion for the mini 96? I got mini96 and also the expansion. If you only have mini 96 (no expansion) ... there is really no need to upgrade too much (except if you race outside). You can't go too fast anyways. The lanes are too narrow.