PDA

View Full Version : The Fast and the Furious

Mondo
2002.04.04, 01:06 PM
Hehehe,

I bought the Fast and the Furious on DVD over the weekend.
I didn't watch it in the cinema, so needless to say I watched it over the weekend for the first time too.

Now, watching the first drag race, for '10 second' cars, those races went on forever. Obviously prolongued for entertainment value.

The cars were nice, except for them trashy decals all over them, not the 'go-fast' decals, the patterns of dragons, flames and other tasteless vinyl monstrosities.

Who can give me a rundown of all the car types in that movie?

Oh, that 900 BHP Dodge Charger gave me a woodie, I must admit!

Russ
2002.04.04, 01:29 PM
I don't know the years, but you start off with 3 black Honda Civics. Then a Mitsubishi Eclipse, too bad it's not a GSX, only his front tires spin :rolleyes: Next up you see a Ford F150 Lightning, Nissan Maxima, Nissan R32 Skyline, Nissan 240SX, and a VW Jetta. At the big race, you see the red Mazda RX-7, a red Acura Integra, and a white Honda Civic. Then comes the Toyota Supra, Ferrari 355(I think), white Mazda RX-7, Honda S2000, and 1968 Dodge Charger.

What did I forget?

Wedginator
2002.04.04, 01:31 PM
ohoh.... mondo!! watch the part when the civics are going under the trailer.... tell me how many wheels the trailer has when the cars are chasing it, and how many wheels when they are under it....

DIRTYMAN
2002.04.04, 01:56 PM
how about the stick on blower on the dodge or at the first race when there looking at his car and say he has an aic ( additional injector controller) and a standalone management ( you dont need the aic with standalone) the only thing the movie has done is made more kids with slow cars wanna race me and i love to spank people

Mondo
2002.04.04, 02:12 PM
Wow!

Thanks guys! Russ, you know your cars..

Wedginator, you obviously watched it more than once, twice or three times dude! Obviously youre young and haven't discovered the joys of a woman yet... JK :D

DIRTYMAN, I have a Ford Focus Turbo Diesel company car. This beast makes a whopping 66KW or mind blowing 90PS! (Sarcasm)
I reckon diesels suck and all I want to do it attach a plough (plow) to it and farm some fields, if it can reach the speeds required to pull a single disc plough!
When it idles, it reminds me on a chimpanzee with a tin drum as it makes so much bloody noise! Oh, it's new too, 6000 miles.

Draconious
2002.04.04, 02:18 PM
I hate it when shows have cars going under trailers, half the time they REMOVE The I-Beams on trailers that have them under there, they remove the spare tires, the turn signals that hang down ;)..... I bet they even raised that trailer a few inches to clear the roof of the car ;).

You can also see a few extra handles mounted onto the semi that one guy is hanging from.

Only 2 things I liked in the movie, 1 In-Car Playstation, 2 Ford Lightning (I have one) hehehehehe.

Hardtrukr
2002.04.04, 02:49 PM
The RX-7 AND Supra were tuned by VeilSide. I think the Supra is anyways, but the RX-7 definatelt is. Oh and did you guys see the ols style Supra (white) when the people are running from the cops! (hint: in the bottom left corner)

Ken Mifune
2002.04.04, 03:12 PM
I like the fact that the cop launches to 140mph in 10 sec. during his first test drive, and then in the street race it takes him over a minute to reach the same speed with two huge bottles. I think that race was 3 min. long! I could do that on foot.
The desert races were over 25 sec.
I think the Charger race was a minute.
I don't mind the artistic license for creating drama but they seemed to take forever. I think it actually made the movie more enjoyable because of the sillyness.

MATT TINDELL
2002.04.04, 04:45 PM
Want to get off topic now thats off topic.

323iT
2002.04.04, 04:48 PM
if you watch the director's commentary. he admitted on extending the 10 second race to 2 mins to show all the things that happen when you race. some goes for race wars and all the other racing scenes. The top speed for those races are a lil high. in real life a 10 second car should hit about 100-110mph...140mph is more like a 9-7 second car
What I don't understand is why they didn't show much of the R32. it was a hella nice car too!!!
I like yellow cars:D

323iT
2002.04.04, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Hardtrukr
The RX-7 AND Supra were tuned by VeilSide. I think the Supra is anyways, but the RX-7 definatelt is. Oh and did you guys see the ols style Supra (white) when the people are running from the cops! (hint: in the bottom left corner)
the Supra is not VeilSide

DIRTYMAN
2002.04.04, 05:32 PM
oh yeah it needed some more dubs the only dub in the movie got dummied in its race (sigh)

you know its probably the second time alot of us have seen that movie the first time i saw it the cars werent in it and it was called Point Break.

ty_r_k
2002.04.04, 07:03 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! liked that one about point break. I and my fiance laughed our asses off through out the whole movie, and we still laugh when ever we see that pretty boy cop in any other movie.

"No crust" watch it again for that line, you will laugh every time he speaks after you hear that one, fake sufer duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude language there, not that i have heard from experience ( SoCal people, please back me up, im just a hick from S.D., south dakota, M.I. now)

I loved how the so called "mad scientist's" jetta was one of the slowest cars driven. now if i was the motor genius I wouldnt be driving some slow ass jetta. I know it was pretty quick but the way they portray it, the thing is slow as hell. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the jetta owned by the producer or someone like that. I guess someone big owning it would explain the reason it pulls out to right and stops in front of the building when all the cars leave the meeting place and head to the site of the race.

The trailors on the truck are actually raised nearly a foot. If you look at the top of the tire and the bottom of the trailor you will see the (red i think) extension. In reality the top of the tire should be about a foot below the trailor, not two whole feet. along with that the wheels are much bigger.

The last part that bugged me is when ole' pretty boy goes to the cop hide out, which only happens to be a 5 million dollar home, and asks for a cigarette. the old cop says" no, i thought you quit" my question is, what the hell does that have to do with the story line?????? I could care less if he was smoking a carton aday inbetween shooting up heroin while he is smoking crack. I think im going to make a movie all about baking cakes, then somewhere in the middle just show 4 minutes of random football clips, do that just to confuse the audience.

Ok, im done now.

RallyNut
2002.04.04, 10:27 PM
Or the absolutely phenomenal acting/script in the movie....

"not double-clutching on your upshifts like you're supposed to..." Whaaat?

"during those ten seconds or less....I'm free." Boo hoo.

Another interesting thing was that, like Russ said, the Eclipse is only FWD! what's with that? And that the only decent American car in it was smashed! Bring on some nice Domestics, man! And more VW's!

btw. The Jetta was on Ebay. It went for around $80,000!

DIRTYMAN
2002.04.04, 10:41 PM
and that whole double clutching thing dont get me started. hey ty_r_k can i be the the cake movie. ken i have the keano role

Russ
2002.04.04, 10:42 PM
I remember the Supra on ebay, it went for $120,000 I believe. You have a link to the old Jetta auction, if it's still accessable???

RallyNut
2002.04.04, 11:44 PM
I don't. Sorry dude. :(

zanthrax
2002.04.05, 04:15 AM
hat movie sucks so bad !!
I like cool cars and I like good movies.
somehow they don't seem to combine very well.

Watch 'the big lebowski', the best movie ever.

Mondo
2002.04.06, 10:28 AM
The Big Lebowski was kickazz..

I love it when Jeff Bridgess hops into the cab driven by the Sikh Indian and The Eagles are playing, he says "Oh no man, not The Eagles, I hate the f***ing Eagles..." and gets thrown out of the cab...
Hilarious indeed! And all he wanted was a rug...

Hardtrukr
2002.04.06, 10:44 AM
I know who has the Mitubishi Eclipse!!!! It is a kid that stars in a few Disney movies! His name is Franky Muniez! hehe :D

Russ!, you can still access it if it wasnt over 60 days ago! But there was an auction for some decals that were on Fast And The Furious (not the actual ones).

zanthrax
2002.04.06, 10:54 AM
There are to many hilarious scenes in the movie to choose one, but one of the best:
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something pendejo, you pull any of your crazy **** with us, you flash your piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass and pull the ****ing trigger 'till it goes click.
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it man. Nobody ****s with the Jesus.

wrcracer
2002.04.06, 01:22 PM
hardtruckr, correct me if im wrong, but i was watchin the director's commentary, and the director said that they actually blew up the eclipse, not a stand-in. Frankie mu(whatever) did buy a car from the FnF, but im not sure which one. i heard it was the jetta. cake movie? lmao. also, this is off the topic of the off topic post, but are skylines legal in the US?
enough gabbin.

PITZON
2002.04.06, 02:38 PM
I think the movie stinks bigtime....

Ofcourse there is some amazing rides but as most movies these days everything gets so far away from reality that i feel sick...

The idea of the movie is great and it could have been a nice one if they just had made the Racing more realistic...

"Driven" gives me the same sickness-feeling... I mean, he crashed into the wall in about 200 Mph and in the middle of the crash the wrecked-car suddenly change direction.. :D :D :D

Takes much more to get me exited....

Hardtrukr
2002.04.16, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by wrcracer
hardtruckr, correct me if im wrong, but i was watchin the director's commentary, and the director said that they actually blew up the eclipse, not a stand-in. Frankie mu(whatever) did buy a car from the FnF, but im not sure which one. i heard it was the jetta. cake movie? lmao. also, this is off the topic of the off topic post, but are skylines legal in the US?
enough gabbin.

I think there was 2 of the Eclipses. Like on Dukes of Hazzard, they went through an average of 2 cars per show! And yes I do believe Nissan Skylines are legal in the US! Because I saw some on eBay in Rhode Island! :cool:

nevwerg
2002.04.16, 11:21 AM
thats NOTHING compared to the preview clips for "xxx" or "triple x"

thats going to be the lamest movie ever.

and of course they put the previews before BLADE 2

which was ILL I RECCOMEND BLADE 2!

its awesome

323iT
2002.04.16, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Hardtrukr
I know who has the Mitubishi Eclipse!!!! It is a kid that stars in a few Disney movies! His name is Franky Muniez! hehe :D

Russ!, you can still access it if it wasnt over 60 days ago! But there was an auction for some decals that were on Fast And The Furious (not the actual ones).
sorry but you are WRONG
Frankie Muniz said on The Tonite Show that he got the VW Jetta no Eclipse

UKAR_strjetta
2002.04.19, 10:18 PM
hay who sayd jettas are slow? Hmmmmmmmmmm. i bet you if you got that honda S2000 and my jetta i would beat the hell out of that thing.

2001 jetta VR6 Twin Turbo and porsche brake upgrade and thats it (well body kit ) but i could beat that.

if they didnt put a crapy jetta in it and a real one, the jetta would have Kicked ASS!

Hardtrukr
2002.04.20, 07:41 PM
Oh, ok. I thought he got the Eclipse. sorry, sorry.

T Man
2002.04.29, 07:13 PM
Here's all the stuff that went into the supra. (http://www.suprastore.com/fasandfurhol.html) :D

Wedginator
2002.04.29, 07:20 PM
woah.... that's a nice car.... i was watching Fast and the Furious again... for the thousanth time :D and i was still guessing what parts were on that supra.... i guess i was way off :D :D