PDA

View Full Version : 935 Martini #1, My favorite race car of all time.

HammerZ
2006.07.29, 04:56 PM
About the closest body I can compare this to is the Lancia Stratos, as both use the same wheelbase. That's about all they have in common. This body is longer and wider than the Stratos, front 2.5mm offset, wide rear 3mm offset LD. You would think the wide stance would make it stable, but the short wheelbase it is a twitchy car to drive. You will be turning the D/R down for this one. I swapped the ASC tires for the MT's I was running and that made it more drivable, it is still a bit tail happy though. The ASC tires, the rear seem softer than the fronts. They (rear) are a larger diameter as they would slip loose over normal rear wheels. This is a fun car to drive, but you like them smooth it isn't it. Even the Stratos feels more planted in turns. I may use some softer tires on the rear yet for this one, as you have so much hanging off the back of the 935 Porsche.

This body is on my old MR015 with the stock 3004 fets, so don't ask about the 3010 fets as I have no clue.

bermbuster
2006.07.29, 05:29 PM
the 935 with its whale tail is an awesome car. I got the new readyset and I have the new FETs. Unfortunately I never had a mini z before so I cannot comment on how slow the old mr015s were. Im very happy with the speed and im using 1b750s....I got my son the 934. The 86 mm wb is hurting me on hop ups but everytime I look at the bodys....i get hypnotised....

HammerZ
2006.07.29, 06:24 PM
I don't know what I like better the shape of the body or the graphics. This is one nice car. I get into a lull looking at it myself. As good as it look's on a shelf, it look's just as good or better moving around the track.

I just got the ASC so I can run the chassis I already had, and to get an unbiased comparison next to the other bodies I have run on this chassis. I did have an old MPC model kit of this car and dreamed of making it into an RC. In a way this is even better.

bolter9
2006.07.30, 12:52 AM
I don't know what I like better the shape of the body or the graphics. This is one nice car. I get into a lull looking at it myself. As good as it look's on a shelf, it look's just as good or better moving around the track.

I just got the ASC so I can run the chassis I already had, and to get an unbiased comparison next to the other bodies I have run on this chassis. I did have an old MPC model kit of this car and dreamed of making it into an RC. In a way this is even better.

Are you running it on an MR015 or MR02?

HammerZ
2006.07.30, 07:25 PM
This body is on my old MR015 with the stock 3004 fets, so don't ask about the 3010 fets as I have no clue.

MR015, the rocker panel area is too tight for the MR02 chassis. But if you want to carve up a nice body and ruin a cool paint sceme, oh well. I can't see an MR02 chassis working better for this anyway. Here's a scan I made to show the chassis and body fit.

builthatch
2006.07.30, 08:30 PM
MR015, the rocker panel area is too tight for the MR02 chassis. But if you want to carve up a nice body and ruin a cool paint sceme, oh well. I can't see an MR02 chassis working better for this anyway. Here's a scan I made to show the chassis and body fit.

as opposed to the 935, the 934 seems to work well w/ a mr02 according to sai tam. i will find out soon for myself.