PDA

View Full Version : Alloy part?

SuicidalSnowman
2006.08.07, 12:12 PM
guyyssss i've brougt a alloy steering cover a while ago and before i've installed this alloy part, my car works perfectly fine, but then after i've installed it the steering got this problem, when i turn, it just moves non-stop and it stops after 2 second, and also it gets stuck when i turn left or right. few days ago, i brougt it to the hobbie store and they said that the alloy gives it a short circuit, so they told me to use those stock parts. i don't really want to change it back to stock parts because first, it dosen't look good when all parts of my OL is alloy, second, its complicated in the inside of the cover.

so guys what should i do?

is it true that the alloy mess things up?

thankssssssss

AutoGlass
2006.08.07, 12:25 PM
I remember several people having the same problem with the front alloy box but fixed it with some grinding down some excess material.

about alloy messing things up. guess for me its true. my rear alloy gearbox chews up gears completely in couple hours, still trying to find out how im going to fix it with the gears not meshing correctly without destroying the gearbox.

SuicidalSnowman
2006.08.07, 12:29 PM
I remember several people having the same problem with the front alloy box but fixed it with some grinding down some excess material.

about alloy messing things up. guess for me its true. my rear alloy gearbox chews up gears completely in couple hours, still trying to find out how im going to fix it with the gears not meshing correctly without destroying the gearbox.

i feel so riped offfff,,,,, people in the hobbie store should had said something abt this before i buy it, well anyways thanks for the info

traxxasman215
2006.08.09, 12:10 PM
i feel so riped offfff,,,,, people in the hobbie store should had said something abt this before i buy it, well anyways thanks for the info
It seems as though you have somehow damaged a wire in the servo when you were transfering the steering boxes. I know it has happaned to me. It seems as though you might have somehow either broken/ripped a wire from the pot or not put the pot into it's place. It's worth another try to take it apart and make sure not to jam any wire inbetween other parts.