PDA

View Full Version : Atomic AR167 MR-02 Aluminum Knuckles

arch2b
2006.08.09, 08:50 PM
I just bought 3 pairs of these to replace all my stock knuckles since I broke 3 stock knuckles during our last race in DC. The trouble is, I installed 1 pair and promptly found that not one of my Mini-ZRacer Dry Ball Bearings will not fit on the shaft. I thought maybe it was just a fluke so I opened the other sets and hte bearings would not fit on any of the 6 knuckles I bought.

Is this normal? does the use of these knuckles require the use of Atomic Ball Bearings? I have not had this problem with any other Atomic knuckles (Derlin) or any other manufacturer. I had to resort to using some very sub par quality ball bearings in the mean time until I can get this resolved.

builthatch
2006.08.09, 09:00 PM
I just bought 3 pairs of these to replace all my stock knuckles since I broke 3 stock knuckles during our last race in DC. The trouble is, I installed 1 pair and promptly found that not one of my Mini-ZRacer Dry Ball Bearings will not fit on the shaft. I thought maybe it was just a fluke so I opened the other sets and hte bearings would not fit on any of the 6 knuckles I bought.

Is this normal? does the use of these knuckles require the use of Atomic Ball Bearings? I have not had this problem with any other Atomic knuckles (Derlin) or any other manufacturer. I had to resort to using some very sub par quality ball bearings in the mean time until I can get this resolved.

do you have a digi caliper to measure the ID of the bearings vs. the OD of the shaft? it could be a matter of light sanding and polish to make them fit.

i guess well see what 'atomic' says.....

arch2b
2006.08.09, 10:08 PM
no i don't. i tried over 6 different mzr dry bearings and none fit. i then tried these bearings on stock, gpm alloy, and atomic derlin knuckles which were a perfect fit.

i don't want this to come across as a complaint, rather more of a question as to were these supposed to be the same diameter shaft as the stock part?