PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Race Management, is it possible?

leonen
2006.08.14, 09:12 AM
So we're going to get soon a CORE system for our club.

Now we have been reading about the race management that it does, and it's completely different than the way we make our races.

We have a 10 lap qualification session for each driver, that handles some points to the pole sitter. Then the heats sorted out according to that qualification standings. And then, Finals for the heat's winners.

Is there a way to change the way CORE manages races? and so we can adapt our management? Or should a new software development be done? If so, We have no problem in doing so. Is there any SDK?

mferrini
2006.08.15, 09:16 AM
Queremos el CORE !, Queremos el CORE que venga rapidito, que venga rapidito !!!

briankstan
2006.08.15, 12:11 PM
this is possible with the current Race management that is built in the software.

what you need to do is this.

set up your race. and add the drivers. then when you sort the heats. set the # of drivers to 1 and the max runs to 1. it will single everyone out in there own heat. let everyone run the timed heat.

After all the solo runs are arranged. you will right click on the racers and sort heats again. This time set the # of racers to 6 (or whatever you want) and the # of max runs to 2 and add the additional heat(s). it will arrange them by the time (ranking) according to their solo run. if you want to add another one just repeat above and set runs to 3

after the heats are run then sort the mains.

I haven't tried this so let me know it it works out. According to the way the software deals with the data that is generated it should work with out any modification.

Good Luck

leonen
2006.08.15, 02:23 PM
Excellent!!!! We're gonna try that and then tell you guys how it works out.

thanks!!!

leonen
2006.09.18, 12:07 PM
this is possible with the current Race management that is built in the software.

what you need to do is this.

set up your race. and add the drivers. then when you sort the heats. set the # of drivers to 1 and the max runs to 1. it will single everyone out in there own heat. let everyone run the timed heat.

After all the solo runs are arranged. you will right click on the racers and sort heats again. This time set the # of racers to 6 (or whatever you want) and the # of max runs to 2 and add the additional heat(s). it will arrange them by the time (ranking) according to their solo run. if you want to add another one just repeat above and set runs to 3

after the heats are run then sort the mains.

I haven't tried this so let me know it it works out. According to the way the software deals with the data that is generated it should work with out any modification.

Good Luck

sadly now that we got the CORE installed and started testing, the min drivers per heat is defaulted to 2. Too bad.

Can you guys tell us how's CORE race format? I mean, what does qualify do when selected ? how does it work ?

Then "sort mains" what does it do? How does it do so ?

briankstan
2006.09.18, 01:07 PM
Leonen, it is possible. what you need to do is use the manual sort feature. and fill it in like this. 1,1,1,1,1,1 that would be if you had 6 drivers.

see attached photos...

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/Manual_sort.jpg

Here are the results....

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/Manual_sort_1.jpg

Spoon
2006.09.18, 01:14 PM
Brian, you are truly a Core Guru...We'll be using this tip for our DC F1 Qualifiers.

arch2b
2006.09.18, 01:24 PM
Brian, you are truly a Core Guru...We'll be using this tip for our DC F1 Qualifiers.
we can use this for most of our dc quallifiing right? this is what we were trying to figure out ourselves for our dc mega points series

briankstan
2006.09.18, 01:25 PM
here is the race management tutorial that I put together.

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22142

let me know if you need anything else.

Spoon
2006.09.18, 01:29 PM
here is the race management tutorial that I put together.

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22142

let me know if you need anything else.

SOmebody should sticky that post...

briankstan
2006.09.18, 01:37 PM
this is also how you would setup you Mains if you are doing "bump ups" from "c main" to "b main" to "a main"

you would select the # of racers that you want in each Main.

say you had 14 racers and you could set it up like this.

4,4,6 (4 in A,4 in B, 6 in C) then you would add the 2 fastest in C to the B, and then the 2 fastest in B to A. it gives the option of someone not qualifing in the A main to still work his way up. it's a little more complicated but you can see what I'm saying. we used this in our PN Regional.

leonen
2006.09.19, 11:17 AM
Perfect. Thanks briankstan!!! We'll be testing that tomorrow.

We will try tomorrow, to understand a little bit more how CORE works. There are some things that are just not too clear to get it how they work.

I like the software very much, but I hope K gets out a much clearer version!!!