PDA

View Full Version : brakes

lbobbitt513
2006.08.15, 02:11 AM
Hey,

Im new to this forum and just purchased an iwaver 02. in the manual it mentions brakes, but they dont seem to work. when i push the trigger fowards it just throws the wheels into reverse.

is it something i need to set-up? its it a part of the car or a function of the controller?

thanks

Lee

neweraz84
2006.08.19, 06:36 PM
Hey,

Im new to this forum and just purchased an iwaver 02. in the manual it mentions brakes, but they dont seem to work. when i push the trigger fowards it just throws the wheels into reverse.

is it something i need to set-up? its it a part of the car or a function of the controller?

thanks

Lee
yes you have to set it on the controller, but I dont know how, try messing around with the tx

EnTg888
2006.08.23, 12:02 AM
Which version of the IW02 do you have?
If it's the American version (the one with the two shock rear suspension and the controller with the 4 arrow keys), hit the menu button (the big one) until it gets to ABS and set it to low medium or high on channel 2 (I might be mistaken, try channel 1 if it doesnt work). The controller should now throw the wheels into reverse for a split second when braking, stopping the car.

betty.k
2006.08.23, 03:05 AM
in my opinion, the iwaver "brake" is a loada hooey!

all you'll get is what EnTg888 described, a very short reverse pulse then nothing.
as opposed to kyosho's with brake that lock the motor up (electro)magnetically.

DogbreathRacing
2006.08.23, 07:35 AM
no matter what the box says or the manual....Iwavers do not have brakes. As Betty said, with the new ones you can set the ABS on but that only gives you a burp of reverse and is not very effective.

Most of us don't run with (or use) our brakes anyway. Kyosho's have real brakes.

EnTg888
2006.08.23, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I admit, they suck. Mini-z (even xmods) brakes are much better, since they actually stop the car. Of course, its better than nothing, i guess. Let's hope the IW02M has real brakes.