PDA

View Full Version : Tri- State racers "Are you out there?"

theplanethobbys
2006.08.16, 06:34 AM
I am getting ready to open the new track here in Anderson, S.C. I wanted to know how many people in the tri state area will come? South Carolina, Georgia, and North Carolina is the three states that it is not that far to attend. Please let me know your comments and where abouts?
Todd
The Planet Hobbys

2EZ
2006.08.16, 09:42 AM
I live in Myrtle Beach and DAMZer lives near Darlington we both have travled for an opptunity to race and would be interested in doing so for the right event. :D

theplanethobbys
2006.09.16, 07:55 AM
The Planet Hobbys is opened for business. The Tri-Oval Speedway is ready for you. 40' back stretch should be long enough to get you excited. We will feature a CP Cup car conversion and also a road course race. Both races will be 2 heats and 1 main. Price for racing is 10.00 per race or a deal at 15.00 for both races, but you will have to have two different cars for set up. You also will have to purchase a Core transponder @10.00 if you do not already have one. A large pit area with power and drinks etc.
THE RACE WILL BE STARTING AT 7.30 ON SEPT. 23 . THE TRACK WILL BE OPENED ALL NEXT WEEK FOR TEST DRIVES AND PRODUCT SALES. CASH OR VISA OR MASERCARD WILL BE PAYMENT OPTIONS.

Cup Car requirements are:
Sanyo 900 rechargeable AAA(or compatible) NO LITHIUMS
Cup car conversion kit
X-Speed mod Kyosho motor
Cup car aluminum wheels
Kyosho slicks

Options are:
ball bearings
Oil shock
Ball diff.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. IF YOU NEED DIRECTIONS GO TO THE PLANET HOBBYS WEBSITE (http://www.theplanethobbys.com) AND CLICK ON DIRECTIONS

theplanethobbys
2006.09.26, 07:01 AM
I am getting ready to open the new track here in Anderson, S.C. I wanted to know how many people in the tri state area will come? South Carolina, Georgia, and North Carolina is the three states that it is not that far to attend. Please let me know your comments and where abouts?
Todd
The Planet Hobbys

The Hobby store is now open. The track has had a revamp. It is now a Quad Oval with a back stretch of about 55 '. The infield of course is larger and more turns have been added. The cars really hit high speeds. Practice will start as of yesterday and this is free for a while, so that everyone can get an idea on the track. If you come by with no car, I will provide you with a test car. As soon as we have at least 4 racers show up for a race , we will have a race. We will be racing 2 classes which will be a Stock mini Z with X speed motor, ball bearings, and Sanyo 900 AAA cells. The Nascar race will consist of the same upgrades with an optional ball diff., oil shock and will have to be a MR02 MM or RM with the CP Raceway upgrade. Most all parts will be available in the hobby shop. Next will follow a AWD class and a Mini Cooper race.

dean
2006.09.27, 06:29 PM
Congratulations!!!
Do you have any final pics?
Keep us posted on attendance!!!
I may make a trip down from Boston to CupCar race when cabin fever sets in this winter.
Hopefully you will have a good group of CupCar racers by then. :D

nightcrawler
2006.10.14, 07:48 PM
Congratulations!!!
Do you have any final pics?
Keep us posted on attendance!!!
I may make a trip down from Boston to CupCar race when cabin fever sets in this winter.
Hopefully you will have a good group of CupCar racers by then. :D

My brother and I both have cup cars and would be willing to make the trip. Lets get a day set up and see if we can work it out.
________
MistressKarra (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/MistressKarra/)