PDA

View Full Version : PN World Cup !!! Enfield CT. Oct 27th-29th.

imxlr8ed
2006.08.22, 03:46 PM
PN World Cup is coming soon !

Event to be held at:

R/C Madness Track & Hobby
640 Enfield Street
Enfield CT 06082

Here's the PN link, click on World Cup for more details:

http://www.pnracing.com/

Here's the mapquest link:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=640+enfield+street&city=enfield&state=ct&zipcode=06082

So... who's going to be there, and who's running what ?

dean
2006.08.22, 10:11 PM
Looks like a great race ahead.

imxlr8ed
2006.08.28, 03:54 PM
Anyone else going ?...

wcrotty
2006.08.29, 09:11 AM
I will be going and our crew from NH.

9+ people i think

later

Bill

imxlr8ed
2006.08.29, 05:04 PM
Not sure how many of my crew will be joining me and Gasman up there... but I know we'll definitely be there.

I'm pretty sure they are going to be using a Core system... right ?

Just curious how many from this forum are planning to attend, also if anyone is making the long-haul from out west or down south ?

lfisminiz
2006.08.29, 06:35 PM
The thought is there, but not sure yet. imxlr8ed...how many hours from here is your estimate?

imxlr8ed
2006.08.29, 08:00 PM
Well, I'm thinking 5 hours drive, but Mapquest is telling me 4 1/2...
always depends on what kind of traffic you hit when you're swinging round the apple.

lfisminiz
2006.08.29, 09:30 PM
:eek: :eek: Thanks.

sautrnv7890
2006.09.18, 05:37 PM
sorry for bringing up old topic

yeah i'm going!! Just to watch though... can you do that?

It's so cool that this is 1/2 hour away from me! Barely any major races are near me...

yay for ct respect!

sautrnv7890
2006.09.19, 09:04 PM
> <
. 0 ---<bump!>

wiggindude
2006.10.03, 08:02 PM
We have at least 4 from Houston going..

LouC
2006.10.04, 06:18 AM
I know of at least 8 from the NY area.

sautrnv7890
2006.10.16, 09:27 PM
so can i go to just watch?

EMU
2006.10.19, 10:23 AM
I know of at least 8 from the NY area.
Lou, how are you going there? I may go, I just need to find a ride first :p

Lionblade
2006.10.19, 08:31 PM

I wish I could go too. I just got my license, but I don't have a car.

Kinda makes my license useless. :rolleyes:

SaiTam
2006.10.20, 11:58 PM

EMU

I am in Hong Kong now and will be back on Oct 25. I will start going to the track on the night of Oct 27. You may ride with me since I will likely drive alone.

Sai

EMU
2006.10.22, 11:20 AM
EMU

I am in Hong Kong now and will be back on Oct 25. I will start going to the track on the night of Oct 27. You may ride with me since I will likely drive alone.

Sai
Great. I will register for the race now. :D Enjoy the rest of your stay in HK. Dont forget to pick up some tires :p

SaiTam
2006.10.25, 01:44 PM
EMU

I'm back in NY. Please send me your phone number since my cell phone is broken. We'll figure out the details for the ride to CT.

briankstan
2006.10.25, 02:59 PM
hopefully someone will get some video of some of the races. I'd like to see the A mains of each of the classes if possible, especially F1 and Stock.

imxlr8ed
2006.10.26, 04:01 PM
Well... off to the Cup. If I go by the thread on RCTech, they're saying 120 entries. Should be quite an experience. To all going, good luck and see you there !

briankstan
2006.10.26, 04:26 PM
Well... off to the Cup. If I go by the thread on RCTech, they're saying 120 entries. Should be quite an experience. To all going, good luck and see you there !

good luck and have fun... :D

EMU
2006.10.27, 09:11 AM
According to the PN site... there are only around 50, but 120 should be interesting... Look forward to seeing you there :cool:

michvin
2006.10.27, 10:56 AM
According to the PN site... there are only around 50, but 120 should be interesting... Look forward to seeing you there :cool:
Dam i wish i could go.....

EMU
2006.10.27, 11:36 AM
Dam i wish i could go.....
I wish you could as well. Allways a good time racing with you. :p

robertbyrd
2006.10.28, 05:48 PM
Tim,

This is Rob from Atomi*Mods (so much for freedom of speech, Iv'e been censored, LOL). We are here at the race and Phillip asked me to get in touch with you. Since I don't have your mobile, I thought this was the next best bet. We need you to call either me or Phillip about the ReadySet you donated. You can reach me at 281-802-1940.

I have my tablet PC with a wireless cell modem in the pits as well, so you can also e-mail me, but a call would be best.

robertbyrd
2006.10.30, 08:13 AM
We shot a lot of video from multiple angles with 3 cameras. We got about half of the qualifiers and all of the A-Mains and a lot of goofy stuff in between. Not sure what we will do with it yet. A racer named Dean helped me with the A-Mains and he is a professional video man and got some great stuff. I was planning on picking out the best stuff and posting it on our site, but several people at the race asked me to produce a DVD of the entire event. The amount of footage we got from 3 cameras woulk take at least a solid week of editing for me, so I am not sure if I will do it as I am not sure enough would be sold to make it worth the effort.

PaulBoth
2006.10.30, 08:39 AM
No results posted yet?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.10.30, 09:57 AM
Results will be up soon, CristianTabush dominated all weekend but no luck in the single A mains

The guys from Spain and Portugal have to be the most intense mini z racers in the world they brought the level of racing up to what i think a world cup should be.

For you guys that missed it there should be lots of photos and video on PN, Atomic M O D s, and pro-z.

Next year i hear the finals will be in Portugal

fraz
2006.10.30, 11:59 AM
Results will be up soon, CristianTabush dominated all weekend but no luck in the single A mains

The guys from Spain and Portugal have to be the most intense mini z racers in the world they brought the level of racing up to what i think a world cup should be.

For you guys that missed it there should be lots of photos and video on PN, Atomic M O D s, and pro-z.

VERY, VERY sorry I had to miss this. I has a schedule conflict with our big annual race.

Next year i hear the finals will be in Portugal

Where did you hear this? It is not what I heard directly from Philip.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.10.30, 12:09 PM
Nothing set in stone, Just heard it is a likly canidate. Talking to the guys from Portugal their Clubs are massive. 150 + pilots

What is the biggest CLub in the USA? For our USA cup race next year.

pchan0
2006.10.30, 02:33 PM
pictures, pitures please...

Anybody know how our only canuck did at the worlds? Shawn!

briankstan
2006.10.30, 02:48 PM
I'm suprized that nobody has at least posted up the top 3 from each class.. :mad:

don't leave us hanging :eek:

robertbyrd
2006.10.30, 02:56 PM
Here is our recap of the race: http://www.at@micmods.com/custom.aspx?id=100

You will need to replace the @ with 0

briankstan
2006.10.30, 03:13 PM
Robert, Great Write-up.

Sounds like the action was really intense and fun filled. it's great that the turn out was high and the races action packed. I can't wait to see some video, as it sounds like the finishes were very close.

michvin
2006.10.30, 05:38 PM
What about other guys from NY? Roland Shao? Willy Wong?

EMU
2006.10.31, 12:24 AM
Roland and Willy were B1, B2 in AWD stock. It was a great race to watch, with willy holding Roland behind him for most of the race. Just like they raced in HKS... Roland pulled the car off in the A stock 2WD due to glitching. Willy and Sai both ran in the B, and I think finished 2nd and 3rd...

SaiTam
2006.10.31, 04:52 AM
Willy finished 3rd in A-main Pan car Modified and I finished 3rd in A-Main F1

Roland and Willy were B1, B2 in AWD stock. It was a great race to watch, with willy holding Roland behind him for most of the race. Just like they raced in HKS... Roland pulled the car off in the A stock 2WD due to glitching. Willy and Sai both ran in the B, and I think finished 2nd and 3rd...

imxlr8ed
2006.10.31, 10:56 AM
Well, here's a summary of us Dorks at the World Cup... pretty much got schooled. :D

http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3269#post3269

I'm planning to get some new weapons very soon, and to definitely devote a little more time to the bigger tracks. (got rusty :rolleyes: )

I also hope that some of the drivers I met up there can participate in HFAY with us someday !

Oh... EMU, thanks again for everything ! You're one cool dude !

Pleasure to meet all the Houston crew as well ! You definitely have a great thing going down there in the Lone Star !

And to Phil Ng... as always, you da man ! Thanks for another great event !

arch2b
2006.10.31, 11:24 AM
Here is our recap of the race: http://www.at@micmods.com/custom.aspx?id=100

You will need to replace the @ with 0
nice commentary, if it were dubbed over video it would have been perfect ;)

EMU
2006.10.31, 12:27 PM
I was a little disappointed with my results of 2nd in D main 2wd stock and 7th in C main AWD stock, after not racing for 6 months and missing the Friday practice/setup session didnt help, I finished pretty much where I expected to. So it was not really disappointing, especially against the level of competition that was there. I went into the race weekend just hoping not to finish last, and I had successfully completed that...

I had built up about half a lap lead over 2nd place Adam Marks (a good guy from my local track), but got into traffic towards the middle of the race and couldnt get through clean falling back to around 4th place, I had to work my way back up to second, as my car started pulling on the right turns and pushing on the lefts... Adam got a well deserved win for the 2wd D main. He had a big crash in the last minute of the race, and I thought that I may have a chance to catch him... but after the marshall set him back on the track, he was too far ahead and too fast for me to do anything about. I have never felt my hands shake as much as they did for this race.

In AWD C, I felt that my car was great. I could throw it into corners and power out... It was a rough race however, with my car on its top about 4 times. First time I saw the underbody on the track all weekend. It was tough having to race against people that I didnt know the style that they raced. The finishing results of the race were very close. 41L for the leader Enric from Spain, and 40L for the next 5, while I had 39L in 7th.

I had a blast at the race. And enjoyed meeting many new faces... and chatting it up with others that I have raced with before. I realized how much I missed racing... I definitely need to get back to it... practice for next year :P which is rumored to be in Spain or Portugal..

The PA guys were great as usual. We definitely need to set something up... Maybe a winter challenge GTG or something... Possibly with some HFAY challenges involved... Regardless of the type of racing, it will be lots of fun to run with you guys more.

SaiTam
2006.10.31, 12:34 PM
EMU

You, Willy, Bennett and I can take a road trip to PA anytime, it ain't too far from Willy's house.

EMU
2006.10.31, 12:53 PM
EMU

You, Willy, Bennett and I can take a road trip to PA anytime, it ain't too far from Willy's house.
Sounds good. Lets set something up with those guys :D Maybe some time in Nov/Dec...

arch2b
2006.10.31, 01:39 PM
Sounds good. Lets set something up with those guys :D Maybe some time in Nov/Dec...
lets try dec maybe, before it snows. i have nekocon this coming weekend and nov is crowded with thanksgiving and all. i didn't get to meet too many ny racers last time we had a regional thing in PA

lets take this to a new thread though.... don't want to take away from this topic

imxlr8ed
2006.10.31, 04:46 PM
Here it is... post on here:

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=242182#post242182

Looking forward to racing with you all again... and I'm also going to open up the rules for this one in the interest of just having a good time !

I also want to have some HFAY Time Trial events as well for those who don't have a chance at it otherwise. (Would love to see what some of the NYC crew could throw down !... I'm sure it'll be some fast times !) Maybe even run our December, final month of the season HFAY event !

Let's see what happens !

builthatch
2006.10.31, 08:42 PM
dang, i would have loved to come up there; figures, since SEMA has screwed up many things for me this week ; )

seems like houston ran sh*t up there, but having a review by a h-town based site doesn't help that impression haha; good to see NY had a good showing tho...

Sinister_Y
2006.10.31, 10:14 PM
Peter,

I had fun, but was disappointed as I thought I could have done better. There was no way I was as good or as fast as the A-main guys, but could have at least done B-Main for both 2wd and 4wd stock.

I qualified 3rd C-main in both 2wd and 4wd stock, while 8th in Pan Car (last place ; )

To sum it up, the track had very low grip on the Friday, while it got better on Saturday and then on Sunday, it had a good amount of grip. For the pan car, I didn't bother to finish the main as I started glitching bad after my 1st lap (even with AD band). I pulled off as I didn't want to wreck anyone's race with my sudden moves. I think it had something to do with running the CORE xponders on the outside of the car, but hey, I don't know. I also got glitching (which again, I never had on Friday or Saturday) in both 2wd and 4wd mains. The most affected was the pan car and the 2wd stock, 4wd wasn't too bad.

I would love to fill in the details in person as I don't want to seem like I'm beeeaching or stuff. The fast guys were exactly that. Fast, both with setup skills and driving skills, most particular consistency and passing skills. I'm a little rusty on the passing skills and guessed wrong sometimes and I'm not as consistant as I used to be. So kudos to those guys, they were the best.

I meet a lot of cool people and look forward to participating next time, while raising my personal bar on driving and setup skills.

LIke I told James, I think he would have made A-main, but those guys had power which I couldn't find. It seemed to me my batteries may have been the culprit as they are a bit older, but again my 4wd flew super-fast. I don't, the motor just came awake for the last qualifier and the main.

P.S. I used the atomic SAS on the backup 4wd and it completely rocked. There was only 1 other guy using the SAS and he was super-fast, but didn;t get to talk to him. The track didn't have enough grip before with the settings I was using, but on Sunday, it did have enough grip. A couple of guys commented that they loved my 4wd and my skillz during the main. That made it all worth while for me.

EMU
2006.10.31, 11:37 PM
Sinister, I was running the SAS setup on the AWD I was running. I swapped out the stock springs for some yellow springs for MR01 roll springs. They were a little softer than the stock Atomic ones... I really liked the setup. I got no hopping around. By the time I got to the main, after many different tire changes, I loved the way the car was handling.

Our AWD C main was a little of a hack fest... 2 cars in particular... were a big pain. I know I was a little rusty with my driving, but that AWD I could take good lines, and put it anywhere on the track. I made some good clean passes, but also got the door shut on me when I would try to make a clean pass... I hate making contact with other drivers, and the biggest thrill I have in racing is a good clean pass for position.

Right now I feel that my AWD setup can compete very well... but I dont think it is A-main material. If I had the setup as good as I did for the main during the qualifies, I thnk I could have qualified better. Mainly it was tire choice. I didnt have much luck with the GPM 8d (PN) that I bought at the track. They were very soft, and felt like they should have ran good, but after trying to break them in for about 10 minutes, I had no luck with them. My best tire choice was the Kyosho 20d radials in the rear. that I also bought at the track, and 15d TopCad front tires that I had from about 6 months ago (I believe that they are GPM 15d). For the qualify heats I was running the 15d TopCad in the rear with 10d 3Racing v-tread in the front. I had too much push with that setup...

I honestly dont remember seeing much of your car during the main, which I guess is a good thing ;) but there are definitely cars that I do remember...

Blacker24
2006.11.01, 11:59 AM
Sorry to butt in and off topic, but I noticed that a few of you guys that have replied to this thread are here in NewEngland. I have been bitten by the Mini Z bug and am in desperate need to find somewhere to race. Do any of you know of any tracks or clubs. I am located south of Boston!

Again I apoligize for being a buttinsky!

Sinister, I was running the SAS setup on the AWD I was running. I swapped out the stock springs for some yellow springs for MR01 roll springs. They were a little softer than the stock Atomic ones... I really liked the setup. I got no hopping around. By the time I got to the main, after many different tire changes, I loved the way the car was handling.

Our AWD C main was a little of a hack fest... 2 cars in particular... were a big pain. I know I was a little rusty with my driving, but that AWD I could take good lines, and put it anywhere on the track. I made some good clean passes, but also got the door shut on me when I would try to make a clean pass... I hate making contact with other drivers, and the biggest thrill I have in racing is a good clean pass for position.

Right now I feel that my AWD setup can compete very well... but I dont think it is A-main material. If I had the setup as good as I did for the main during the qualifies, I thnk I could have qualified better. Mainly it was tire choice. I didnt have much luck with the GPM 8d (PN) that I bought at the track. They were very soft, and felt like they should have ran good, but after trying to break them in for about 10 minutes, I had no luck with them. My best tire choice was the Kyosho 20d radials in the rear. that I also bought at the track, and 15d TopCad front tires that I had from about 6 months ago (I believe that they are GPM 15d). For the qualify heats I was running the 15d TopCad in the rear with 10d 3Racing v-tread in the front. I had too much push with that setup...

I honestly dont remember seeing much of your car during the main, which I guess is a good thing ;) but there are definitely cars that I do remember...

Sinister_Y
2006.11.01, 03:07 PM
Cool ,Emu. It was good to meet you at the race.

I was running the red ferrari 360 GTC with stickers. The good news is that after getting lapped by everyone (after getting hit over on my roof like you) is that I successfully unlapped myself with everyone (including the race leaders). I ended up 4th. That was a personal accomplishment. Never give up!

Yah, total hackfest..didn't really want to say as I thought that ppl would make me out as a whinner and complainer, but those were the simple facts. ANyway, we said this together at the race. We weren't the only ones who shared this observation.

crazyracer
2006.11.02, 12:38 AM
cool! photos and result was posted.

PN Racing web site (http://www.pnracing.com)

SaiTam
2006.11.02, 10:07 AM
F1 2nd; 3rd & 4th separated by .27 sec!!!!!

1 53 10:08.06 Bill Crotty Jr.
2 52 10:10.15 Carlos Conceicao
3 52 10:10.22 Sai Tam
4 52 10:10.42 Cristian Tabush

imxlr8ed
2006.11.02, 10:17 AM
Oh my... I'm twice the size of Willy !!! :D
(wish I could drive half as well !!!)

wcrotty
2006.11.02, 01:10 PM
Hey All,

I had a blast at the PN world cup. If you couldn't make the event you missed out on one of the best mini-z events. The competition was awesome.

It was great meeting everyone that attended the event.

I uploaded the video of F1 A main and AWD stock A main to google.
In the AWD stock video my dad had a hard time figuring out what white
Car was mine for the first couple laps but then figures it out.

I also have my DVD I made if anyone wants one. The races just follow my car. $5 to cover my costs. wcrotty@comcast.net

It has
A Main AWD stock
A Main F1 stock
A Main Pan
B Main 2wd stock
B Main AWD open
E Main 2wd stock ( My dads race )

Enjoy.

F1

a main (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3757830912228747441&hl=en)

AWD stock

a main (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5917873853023500574&hl=en)

SaiTam
2006.11.02, 02:07 PM
Bill

Thanks for the video, especially the F1 A-main.

Looks like I was able to defend my 1st position for a while until I had too much pressure and crashed. Your car clearly had more cornering speed, whether it had to do with the MR-02 tires or your driving skills, or both. My car was more powerful on the other hand.

I definitely want a copy of the DVD, can I paypal to that email address? Is shipping included?

I am looking forward to racing with you once again, let's find a place between NH and NY.

Sai

Hey All,

I had a blast at the PN world cup. If you couldn't make the event you missed out on one of the best mini-z events. The competition was awesome.

It was great meeting everyone that attended the event.

I uploaded the video of F1 A main and AWD stock A main to google.
In the AWD stock video my dad had a hard time figuring out what white
Car was mine for the first couple laps but then figures it out.

I also have my DVD I made if anyone wants one. The races just follow my car. $5 to cover my costs. wcrotty@comcast.net

It has
A Main AWD stock
A Main F1 stock
A Main Pan
B Main 2wd stock
B Main AWD open
E Main 2wd stock ( My dads race )

Enjoy.

F1

a main (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3757830912228747441&hl=en)

AWD stock

a main (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5917873853023500574&hl=en)

wcrotty
2006.11.02, 02:33 PM
SaiTam,

That was a nice battle we had going on for a while. I could catch you
on the infield but you had so much more power down the straight i would
lose all i gained. It was a fun battle though.

Yes the $5 has shipping included. I'm just going to ship it USPS.
You can paypal that address.

We defiantly have to find a place in the middle to race. Do you know of
any in conn or ma?

later

Bill

carrapateira
2006.11.02, 03:54 PM
Hi,

any one has close pics of the cars, so we can see configurations, bodys used, hop ups and so on...

We want to learn from the PROS!!!!!!

CristianTabush
2006.11.02, 04:26 PM
http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21436

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21437

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21439

carrapateira
2006.11.02, 04:40 PM
really nice, clean and smooth car Christian!!!

what did most people in touring modified use? MR02 or AWD??

Regards

MikelC
2006.11.02, 05:56 PM
Hi,

Well, I finally got back home with some time to come here and say a few words about the race.

I just spent a hell of a weekend...

I could write 1000 words, but I'm not gonna bore you anymore. I'm just gonna say that I loved meeting some new people, seeing some I had met last year. The race itself couldn't have gone better. The only thing I was realy looking forward to was a head to head battle with Christian on the mains, but he was just on he's bad weekend... Never I had seen so much bad luck on the same driver in just one race... Maybe some other time...

I also wanna leave here a special thanks to Christian Tabush and Robert Byrd from ********** for all the help they gave me teaching me some tricks about a car I had never raced before (its coming back to you as free plublicity :D ) and showing great sportsmanship. Thanks

Hope to see you all again... No exceptions

wcrotty
2006.11.02, 06:53 PM
Does anyone have the AWD mod race on tape?

benmlee
2006.11.02, 06:56 PM
Don't know if I am reading this right. In A Mains, the fastest cars were Touring Modified with 59 laps followed by Pan Cars at 58. 2WD stocks were actually faster than AWD stock 57 vs 56. The slowest cars were F1. Conventional wisdom is Pan cars are fastest followed by F1, then AWD and last 2WD. Interesting results, or I am reading it wrong.

wcrotty
2006.11.02, 07:10 PM
Go by the qualifying results and not the mains

SaiTam
2006.11.02, 07:37 PM
The traction was low for this track, and it was pretty wide open. AWD dominated all weekend.

imxlr8ed
2006.11.03, 11:01 AM
This has always been my question... and it would seem we are getting close to an answer.

Which is faster... MR02 or AWD ?

I would say the AWDs certainly had the advantage up there because of traction, but is the speed made up with a more powerful AWD handout motor, or was it basically the same motor as the handouts for the MR02s ?

In HFAY, some top drivers are just starting to utilize the AWDs, and they seem to be keeping pace just fine. I'm not sure, but it would seem to me, in a stock to stock comparision (as the HFAY regulations dictate), if there is an advantage to one of them, it's very slight.

Here's last months results:

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=85

CristianTabush
2006.11.03, 01:51 PM
The Motors were equivalent, they are identical, except the MACHO is assembled backwards to have the cooling holes towards the bottom of the chassis.

From all the testing I have done, I have concluded the AWD is faster, and that is why I prepared one for the World Cup. Some people may agree, some may not. Grip was really high for the last day of racing, more so than your usual club track. I had fastest lap by 3 tenths of a second over the quickest MR02. The Modified cars were actually also faster than the stock cars this year. I believe a first, main reason- AWD's. We can finally put down all the power on the track easily. If I could have run a faster motor I would have with an AWD, but MR02's were on the edges of as much power as they could handle. I even managed to change the minds of a few of the European driver's which stated that they would give the AWD another shot.

imxlr8ed
2006.11.03, 05:00 PM
Understandable... I think in stock trim though, the difference is negligible.

Oh yeah... I'm definitely giving my MA010 another shot as well, I never really gave up on it though, the outdrives gave up on me ! :D

I can't exactly agree with the "more traction than most club tracks" part... I just ran last night with the same exact setup and there was absolutely no push in the car, up there it was pushing out all over.

Are you still planning to post the setup for your AWD ?

CristianTabush
2006.11.03, 05:52 PM
SAS set-up is posted on a new thread I started...

The push thing I think can be credited to the highspeed track we had... Were you running on a smaller track...

imxlr8ed
2006.11.03, 06:20 PM
SAS set-up is posted on a new thread I started...

The push thing I think can be credited to the highspeed track we had... Were you running on a smaller track...

True... can't crank much speed with 15 feet of straight.

Do you think the AWDs will keep up with the MR02s once they get the 3010 fets ?

Thanks for the info. on the setup !

Anyone else out there that would like to list their setup ?

CristianTabush
2006.11.04, 10:49 AM
I think they MR02 will bridge the gap a little more, and that is an excellent q'. I will have to test for it. It all is going to come down to grip level. But out of gut instinct, I still give the nod to the AWD.

MikelC
2006.11.04, 07:11 PM
I was one of the drivers running touring modified on AWD, and I must say I only tried the car becaus on friday the track was having MAJOR grip problems... With a few changes, with the help from more experienced drivers in AWD, I got the car running in no time.

Today I tried the car on our hometrack for the first time and I started to see some potencial. still, our track has way more grip than the one from the final even at the mains, and it is way narrower and slower. The car was running preety good, but I'm not sure If it is running faster than a good mr02... Maybe in a few weeks I can give you a more precise opinion...

One thing is for sure, overtaking is easyer with AWD, and same goes for defending you position, since you can shufle directions faster than with 2WD without losing the car for one second...

But in the end, it still comes down to grip level...

Pro-Z Racing
2006.11.05, 12:33 AM
Hi Everyone,
The World Cup was awesome. I would have liked another round of qualifying but oh well, it was still a good time. I have collected photos form all over and posted them on my server.

As far as traction goes the track on friday wasn't anything like sunday, just like large scale racing.

www.pro-z.com/worldcup/

if anyone wants a particular photo i have them all in Hi res and untouched.

Later,
Scott

Flashsp-2
2006.11.05, 03:51 AM
So how many guys were actually running AWD in touring mod, and what places they took? I have been looking to see who ran what in this class but I haven't found it listed anywhere.

wcrotty
2006.11.05, 07:42 AM
Flash

the pn website has all that information.

MikelC
2006.11.05, 07:43 AM
On the A main I know there were 3 AWDs, at 1st, 3rd and 5th positions.

Flashsp-2
2006.11.05, 09:56 AM
@wcrotty - I checked out PN's site but I didn't see any listing of what chassis people were running.

@MikelC - Thanks for the info, nice to see the AWD made a strong showing.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.11.05, 03:49 PM
I have all the a main sponsor sheets for the magazines. I am still putting the lists together. I tally up all the mr vs Ma The cars are over horse powered AWD although less efficent i think is easier to put the power down.

lfisminiz
2006.11.05, 06:28 PM
Scott, excellent pictures. :eek: :)

wcrotty
2006.11.05, 09:04 PM
flash,

Sorry i miss read your question.

I also ran an AWD chassis in mod. It ran great in practice
but i just had a rough weekend with the car. I finnaly got it running on Sunday but my third qual i through a front tire. I would defiantly run the AWD over 2wd. They are just able to put the power to the ground better.

fraz
2006.11.06, 03:21 PM
I agree with Bill (hi Bill, congrats). I don't even own an AWD yet but will be building one. My mod MR-02 is very fast and at the PN regional race, the fastest stock AWD car put a lap on me. I got a chance to drive the winning AWD car and OMG, that car ripped, no wonder!! Super smooth on/off power, transitioned well left/right, and made me look like I know how to drive;) After 2 corners, I was already at speed and about 1/4" off the rails consistently. The car was quite predictable. Like Bill mentioned, it's all about "useable" power to the ground.

wiggindude
2006.11.07, 08:06 PM
Guys..

I just wanted to say thank you to the guys at RC Madness, and Phillip from PN Racing.... After getting out of RC for 6 years and starting back with MINI Z's instead of 10th scale... now into the sport again for about 3 months... Wow what a change.. I am lucky enough to live in Houston with Jacob and Christian... I wish we had a full time track we could race on.. but.. for now.. Every other weekend will just have to do.

The track, racing and event was a great experiance and a great time for Tanner and I... I wish we could have practiced more before the race and got our cars set up before the race..... I had tech issues all day until the last day. Overall I had a great time... The mains were very exciting and well worth the trip. I did turn a 10.3 with my awd in the b main.. and pulled out a 3rd place finish in the b main in f1 after an incident with the motor lead and my right rear tire..... oh well.. great racing..

will be around for next year.. anything to travel and race... any of you guys on the east coast that have tracks. .. let me know.. i would like to come out and race with you guys if I am in town... I can always book my customer visits around racing...

lfisminiz
2006.11.07, 09:12 PM
Check down a couple threads. The PA. DOW GTG DECEMBER 16TH & 17TH. :)

herman
2006.11.08, 02:21 AM
great read and great pics...once again... :D looks like everybody had a really great time...

what was the thing with the core lapcounter? what was the total driver count? and how many countries were represented?

LouC
2006.11.08, 06:14 AM
Guys..

I just wanted to say thank you to the guys at RC Madness, and Phillip from PN Racing.... After getting out of RC for 6 years and starting back with MINI Z's instead of 10th scale... now into the sport again for about 3 months... Wow what a change.. I am lucky enough to live in Houston with Jacob and Christian... I wish we had a full time track we could race on.. but.. for now.. Every other weekend will just have to do.

The track, racing and event was a great experiance and a great time for Tanner and I... I wish we could have practiced more before the race and got our cars set up before the race..... I had tech issues all day until the last day. Overall I had a great time... The mains were very exciting and well worth the trip. I did turn a 10.3 with my awd in the b main.. and pulled out a 3rd place finish in the b main in f1 after an incident with the motor lead and my right rear tire..... oh well.. great racing..

will be around for next year.. anything to travel and race... any of you guys on the east coast that have tracks. .. let me know.. i would like to come out and race with you guys if I am in town... I can always book my customer visits around racing...

If you are ever in the NYC area come and race with us...
www.actionrcspeedway.com

wiggindude
2006.11.09, 09:28 PM
I will make sure i come when you guys are running.. I have a few awd and f1's.. not really into the mr02's or any mods..

Thanks for the info..

Sean

mini-z
2006.11.12, 05:56 PM
Just a reminder, there's an Album for sharing pics of this event here:

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=950

Post 'em if you got 'em! :)