PDA

View Full Version : New Venue, Racing Starts Soon

Spoon
2006.08.25, 12:37 PM
All Mini-Z owners (and future owners) we have a new venue for the races. "The Place" is a new hobbyshop located in Downtown Charlottesville that has agreed to host the races and store the track.

The current plan is to race on Tuesday nights, every two weeks. The first races are scheduled for Tuesday September 5. Probably starting around 6 pm.

I am working on them to see if they can order at least a minimal selection of tires, etc.

If you don't have a car, come on out. I have at least one I could loan out. If you know anyone in the area that has a car spread the word.

-Spoon

arch2b
2006.08.25, 02:33 PM
if it were on the weekend, i would do my best to make it :o

we could develope some good metro dc hfay rivalry here :p

Spoon
2006.08.25, 07:26 PM
You know I can't do it on the weekend...how would I have time to plow you guys in DC into the walls, then make you eat my dust?:p ha ha j/k

Maybe if this kicks up we can do some sort of small regional with DC guys and Central VA guys. I am sure that's a long way off, but who knows.

Spoon
2006.09.05, 08:53 AM
Well,

The first event is tonight. I don't really know what to expect. I tried posting a couple of notices to a local Nitro forum that used to have some decent Mini-Z racers but I haven't gotten much response.

I don't know if the hobby shop has been doing any advertising but since they don't have any demo cars and they don't really have an idea yet how cool it is, I am going to assume that they haven't. I figure it will take some time to build interest.

I'll take some pictures and if noone shows up, I'll use it as practice for the next set of HFAY races in DC. ;) :D

arch2b
2006.09.05, 09:12 AM
keep us posted. let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

Spoon
2006.09.05, 09:16 AM
keep us posted. let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

Will do, I have some ideas, but I am going to hold off on them for now. We can talk at the next GTG. Thanks.

bnwhtlw
2006.09.05, 02:48 PM
I know it will be at least you and me and Mike and the epoch I just got today.
Im bringing my camera too.

Spoon
2006.09.05, 03:27 PM
Epoch...nice! Arch has one (on loan I think) that can keep up with a stock Mini-Z. I'll see you in a little while.

Spoon

arch2b
2006.09.05, 04:44 PM
chucky has that epoch. he was supossed to be buying it from lbrc. if not, he was to return it. i have not heard from chucky about what he chose to do.

Spoon
2006.09.05, 08:00 PM
Well, I would say the first event was a moderate success. I was the only one there that actually owned a Mini-Z but that's no big deal. It sounds like bnwhtlw will be picking one up shortly and there were a couple of walk in customers that might be hooked. It's going to take some time, and advertising, but something might pick up. All of the store employees were impressed with the RCP track.

I'll post a few pictures in a little while.

arch2b
2006.09.05, 08:03 PM
glad to hear it went well! if anyone is intersted, i have the mr-01 i would sell cheap.

Spoon
2006.09.05, 08:05 PM
Nothing too crazy. Just a shot of the area that we have for track use. The store is huge and there is plenty of space for pit tables. If we had a dozen racers it would get really tight but it's pretty good for now.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/943/medium/cms01.JPG http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/943/medium/cms02.JPG

arch2b
2006.09.05, 08:09 PM
i am certainly glad to see the old track back in use and home to a future hfay club :) the place looks nice as well. definalty much better lighting than my basement. the carpet would be a ncie touch as well. :p

hobbycar
2006.09.05, 10:24 PM
Looks good Spoon. Good luck with it all.

-hobbycar

arch2b
2006.09.17, 07:36 PM
bnwhtlw,
how do you like the car and radio? get them all in working order?