PDA

View Full Version : What motor for a single stack 4562 Fets

briankstan
2006.08.31, 10:16 PM
I have upgraded my MZM with a single stack of 4562 fets. Now I need to know what the best motor would be to run. I was looking at the PN motors and all the mod motors say you need a 2x3 stack. I'm not looking for that kind of kick yet.

So what can I safely run?

I did some searching but couldn't find anything specific.

thanks for your help.

arch2b
2006.08.31, 10:27 PM
i've run many of the atomic motors with a single 4562 stack to include the atomic stock bb, standard, zi, and t1. most of the atomic motors will offer lots of torque/power

locwan
2006.08.31, 11:28 PM
Most manufacturers will list their "recommended" requirements, 2x2, 2x3 etc. However, none will precisely specify the capacity needed in the FET stack. IMO, I think it should be pretty safe for you to run ANY motor that's being offered by PN or others (custom motors aside) with a 2x2 stack of 4562.

Back to your question though, if I remember correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), I think LBRC has listed that the 4562 can handle 6.2 amps, as supposed to the stock 3004's 3.5 amps. So logically, any motors that has a recommended requirement of 2x2 stack should be safe to run with a 2x1 replacement of 4562's, as long as you run it smartly and don't abuse the car.

On a side note, I tend to prefer running motors with neo magnets, such as the Atomic Stock, Speedy 05 NM etc. These motors doesn't even require FET upgrades, but provides more than enough torque so you could run a large pinion on the motor and still have quick pick ups and high top speeds.

byebye
2006.09.01, 01:01 AM
SpeedyNM is my suggestion. Lots of torque and it's stock FET safe so you'll have extra kick with a FET upgrade. I only have one car that has a 3x2 and I am running 2 SpeedyNM's with single layer 4562's.

-Byebye

briankstan
2006.09.01, 08:30 AM
This is what I'm looking for. We run 2 identical obstacal course for monster trucks we run them side by side. (like the real monster truck races) I do really good getting over the obstacales it's in the straights that is really hurts me.

I guess I should explain that I'm racing against venom mini giants and they have 4wd and a 300 size motor. So I'm at a big disadvantage. usually I can keep up and even get ahead over the obstacales, but I loose out on the dash to the finish. I'm really looking for a motor that as a little better torque and alot more speed.

I was running it with the stock 3004 fets and an x-speed.

thanks for all your input.

locwan
2006.09.01, 09:02 AM
The x-speed provides top end rpm (speed) if there's no significant load. Pick up would be faster with a 2x1 4562 replacement, but it still isn't a high torque motor.

I would second ByeBye's suggestions. Get a Speedy NM, or the Atomic Stock (which I prefer, due to it's slightly higher rated RPM under load) Both those motors are absolutely safe for you to run with your 2x1 4562, and provides tons of torque for climbing. Stick a 9 teeth pinion on there as well, and you'll have all the top speed you can handle consistently while in the straights, especially with a MZM.

briankstan
2006.09.01, 09:26 AM
The x-speed provides top end rpm (speed) if there's no significant load. Pick up would be faster with a 2x1 4562 replacement, but it still isn't a high torque motor.

I would second ByeBye's suggestions. Get a Speedy NM, or the Atomic Stock (which I prefer, due to it's slightly higher rated RPM under load) Both those motors are absolutely safe for you to run with your 2x1 4562, and provides tons of torque for climbing. Stick a 9 teeth pinion on there as well, and you'll have all the top speed you can handle consistently while in the straights, especially with a MZM.

thanks, I think I will try this combo. sounds like it is what I'm looking for.

briankstan
2006.09.01, 04:01 PM
any one have an Atomic stock or PN speedy NM that they would like to sell for a reasonable price? Let me know what you have and what you want for it.

arch2b
2006.09.01, 05:08 PM
i sent you an email

HammerZ
2006.09.01, 06:22 PM
I guess I should explain that I'm racing against venom mini giants and they have 4wd and a 300 size motor. So I'm at a big disadvantage.

This opens up a new can of worms so to speak. Trying to get the Monster to keep up with a bigger and heavier truck is a big challange. You are looking at dash speed. Traction is an issue as well. Something tells me this will end up with a bigger battery package someplace down the line.

briankstan
2006.09.01, 06:31 PM
This opens up a new can of worms so to speak. Trying to get the Monster to keep up with a bigger and heavier truck is a big challange. You are looking at dash speed. Traction is an issue as well. Something tells me this will end up with a bigger battery package someplace down the line.

nope, I'm doing pretty good with it now, just needed a little extra. :D I've been competing against them for the last year.