PDA

View Full Version : MiniRC.ca 2006 fall race schedule coming!

Max-Z
2006.09.03, 09:59 PM
Vancouver's local mini-rc race organizers have recently met up to discuss plans for what we hope will be an exciting season of racing starting in the fall. Two (2) local hobby shops have agreed to support a joint race schedule starting in October 2006. We have also secured participation of a third local hobby shop for help with hosting a bi-monthly big race, where participants will see our big rcp track and core timing system in action.

This is also an invitation to our near and out-of-town friends to set aside the first or second weekend in Novmember 2006. Most likely this will be our first big race on the calendar. We will post details as the schedule and agreements firms up!

bolter9
2006.09.04, 02:25 PM
Awesome- keep us posted. I'd love to come up for another race...although not sure what my fall schedule will be...going to Paris in early Oct.

Max-Z
2006.10.02, 12:25 PM
Weekly Friday night races - alternate between Indy and Ocminimoto with the following proposed schedule:
Oct. 6 - INDY
Oct. 13 - OCMINIMOTO
Oct. 20 - INDY
Oct. 27 - OCMINIMOTO
Nov. 3 - INDY
Nov. 10 - OCMINIMOTO
Nov. 17 - INDY
Nov. 24 - OCMINIMOTO

A set schedule will allow people to plan ahead. Store owners will not close their shop/track on Friday nights, but will encourage people to attend the weekly race if racing is scheduled at other store.

Our big November Event is still in discussions, but when firmed up might replace one of the weekly scheduled race.

Can't wait to show off some of my latest tricks!

Max-Z
2006.10.02, 02:13 PM
Revised schedule...

Oct. 6 - INDY
Oct. 13 - OCMINIMOTO
Oct. 20 - INDY
Oct. 27 - OCMINIMOTO
Nov. 3 - INDY
Nov. 4 and 5 - ABERDEEN CENTER - DA BIG RACE!!!
Nov. 10 - OCMINIMOTO
Nov. 17 - INDY
Nov. 24 - OCMINIMOTO

Our big November Event has just been firmed up!!!

bolter9
2006.10.02, 04:38 PM
I'll see what I can do about coming up for the Aberdeen race. I'd love to make another big event!

We're flying to Paris this week for vacation though...so not sure how my schedule will pan out when I get back.

Thanks for posting the dates!

Max-Z
2006.11.20, 10:59 PM
Another big and successful race event transpired over the weekend. It was great to see a full field of cars in each of our racing class. This was the first time that the F-1 class had enough cars to have a finals and WHAT A SIGHT IT WAS TO SEE!

Equally impressive was the array of modified MR02's that made it to the finals. One of our newest and possibly youngest racer even made the finals in the 'A' main of the stock MR02!

Again, thanks to John (of RCP), I finally got to see faster cars passing on the straightaways with the expansion kit installed.

bolter9 - We missed you this time...hope you can make it to our next big race. Do bring your impressive collection of F-1's again and let's race!