PDA

View Full Version : October 3, 2006 GTG

Spoon
2006.09.19, 10:19 PM
Just getting a thread started here. Our last layout had a long straight and was pretty fun but I think our proximity to the wall (or Ben's TX :rolleyes:) was causing problems. I think we'll use a more compact layout next time and try to keep people a little farther from the track.

Will be starting up a points series in Mid October if everything goes well.

bnwhtlw
2006.09.20, 01:09 AM
dang that antenna...

arch2b
2006.09.20, 06:09 AM
i think the iwaver tx has alot of bleed or whatever you call it. we've noticed this with iwaver tx's in dc as well, when standing right next to the track or another person.

bnwhtlw
2006.09.20, 11:17 AM
Yeah but this little Kid Sams stock Kyosho did the same thing. Or maybe it was his and mine fighting each other.

Spoon
2006.09.20, 11:25 AM
That's true...when he hung his antenna like a fishing pole, we all had some problems. As we get more people I'll start to compile a list of Do's and Dont's. There's a bunch of threads on etiquette (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=564156) that I will probably use to make our own list.

bnwhtlw
2006.09.20, 01:45 PM
That's true...when he hung his antenna like a fishing pole, we all had some problems. As we get more people I'll start to compile a list of Do's and Dont's. There's a bunch of threads on etiquette (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=564156) that I will probably use to make our own list.

Does taking some elses (your) FM Nissan and runnig it full throttle straight at the track wall? Is is that a FauxPaux (fox pox)
Or standing in the middle of the track? Is that wrong?
Or jumping feet first into oncoming traffic?

Im fairly certain Im a jerk.

Spoon
2006.09.20, 02:08 PM
Does taking some elses (your) FM Nissan and runnig it full throttle straight at the track wall? Is is that a FauxPaux (fox pox)

Yes...

Or standing in the middle of the track? Is that wrong?

Yes...

Or jumping feet first into oncoming traffic?

Yes...

Im fairly certain Im a jerk.

Yet to be seen! HAHA j/k :p

I am going to start working on that list of rules...

bnwhtlw
2006.09.24, 06:01 PM
I just got a crazy modified epoch. I am seriously going to put in with the Z's
(as fast as a stock Mini-z for sure)

Spoon
2006.09.24, 08:30 PM
interesting...

I am thinking of buying a copy of lap trapper for the next GTG. It's $15 and you have to count manually (sort of) but it may be good enough for now.

bnwhtlw
2006.09.24, 09:03 PM
What are the other alternatives that would do what we need? If its not too much I might be into kicking down some dollars for this.

Spoon
2006.09.24, 09:50 PM
There are a couple of lap counters out there. Most of them use a loop of wire (either over or under the rack) and a transponder.

The popular timing system and the one I know best is Core. I think a Core system goes for about $600-700. I saw one used here for $500 once. The transponders are about $10.

There is also a new one coming out, that is a little cheaper but the transponders are $20+ each. Here is some info on the Giro Z counter (http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules/news/article.php?storyid=192)

At one point Stampy had a counter that would count based on your Mini-Z frequency. I don't know where that counter is but I can ask Mike about it. I suspect it isn't around or he would have said something.

So, it's a fair bit of coin for a reliable counter. If the club got really popular and we charged $5 for a night of racing...I guess it could happen.

Another solution is those thumb counters that bouncers use. That's what Stampy used at one point. Everyone who isn't racing has to count. It's primitive but it works (and it's cheap). If there are enough drivers to have separate heats it works.

bnwhtlw
2006.10.01, 02:10 AM
Any luck tracking down Stampys counter?

I think Lap Trapper could work really well, if you had a numeric keypad.
They have them at big lots for like 8 bux I think. I can grab one if you want.

Or we can wait till the next one. In other news, my OL and MR02 wont be here till Wednesday. :mad:

Spoon
2006.10.01, 04:27 PM
I knew there was something I was supposed to do when I went into the shop. I completely forgot about it. I'll try to call tomorrow.

arch2b
2006.10.01, 04:32 PM
hte frequency system is the ko propo arc system i think. you limited to the number of frequencies for racers but that will rarely be an issue outside of not beaing abot to use those while racing.

bnwhtlw
2006.10.01, 08:34 PM
hte frequency system is the ko propo arc system i think. you limited to the number of frequencies for racers but that will rarely be an issue outside of not beaing abot to use those while racing.

And at almost $1600 I think we should get 5 or 6. :cool:

Spoon
2006.10.01, 08:52 PM
And at almost $1600 I think we should get 5 or 6. :cool:

That's a graet idea, then all of the racers could have 2 just for themselves. :D

I should be able to bring a keyboard. I'll try to download laptrapper and play with it tomorrow...right after I call Mike...it always seems like tomorrow id the best time to do things. HAH :p

arch2b
2006.10.01, 09:00 PM
looks intersting, let us know how it works

bnwhtlw
2006.10.01, 09:45 PM
We need an CPA or banker to operate it. Those folks can fly on the number pad.

Arch you got the $$'s for shotgun right?

Oh and Spoon (if that is your real name) do you have any wide 30 tires, I can purchase, borrow till I get some or whatever? (Does anyone actually ever use the semi wides? The place has about 700 pairs of them. But no Wides)

<--- check my sweet new avatar...you know Im serious about a forum when I put up an avatar.

Spoon
2006.10.01, 10:17 PM
I'll poke around my tire stash. I am sure I can find something. If not 30's I might have some GPM 15's that you can use. I'll bring my tires on Tuesday.

and nice avitar...

arch2b
2006.10.02, 06:11 AM
yep, should be in the mail today :)