PDA

View Full Version : Am I the first one on the block with a white body kit?

Spoon
2006.09.28, 05:26 PM
I am assuming there are a few overseas members that already have their hands on these.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/953/medium/white03.JPG

For a few more pics, see my gallery. Some of the pics aren't the best quality. I left my camera at work and I am playing with the settings on Mrs. Spoon's camera.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=953

madf1man
2006.09.29, 12:32 PM
Maybe everyone is jealous! What F1 team are you going to paint on it?

Spoon
2006.09.29, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I guess the title is a little obnoxious.

I pieced the body together last night (didn't glue anything) and it's a pretty overwhelming little piece of plastic. I think it's going to take a little more work than painting a regular racer body. There are tons of little pieces.

I think I may come up with my own scheme, but it's still going to take some time for something to come to me. I am not really that patient when it comes to painting bodies. I prefer 1 or 2 colors. Masking is fine...but too many colors is a huge pain.

madf1man
2006.09.29, 12:57 PM
Some of the better bodies out there are the more simple ones. Use all those peices to your advantage as far as painting goes. There are some 1/24th scale static F1 model kits on the market that you can get decals out of which allow you to just lay a base coat and the decals do the rest. Tamiya clear on top and its choice!!

LBRC
2006.09.29, 04:04 PM
Am I the first one on the block with a white body kit?

:( I ordered one form HLJ awhile back still :mad: waiting.

Ordered on the 9/4/06
Confirmed on the 9/4/06
Payment Requested 9/7/06
Payment Received 9/7/06
Shipped 9/14/06

Was ok about how long it was taking until you had to post this.

briankstan
2006.09.29, 04:21 PM
Spoon, you could always send it to me, then I would be the only one on the block with one.... :D

Spoon
2006.10.01, 03:24 PM
Nice...but almost true. I actually ordered both the Ferrari and McLaren...So I would have to send you both! :cool:

madf1man, that's a great tip. I didn't even think of that. ANy thoughts on where I can find such a kit? Should I just try google?

briankstan
2006.10.01, 04:39 PM
Nice...but almost true. I actually ordered both the Ferrari and McLaren...So I would have to send you both! :cool:

I would be perfectly fine with that... :D

madf1man
2006.10.01, 06:38 PM

madf1man, that's a great tip. I didn't even think of that. ANy thoughts on where I can find such a kit? Should I just try google?

I have purchased them off ebay several times. It takes some time but search thru the models. I,ll see if I can find something and post

madf1man
2006.10.01, 06:43 PM
http://cgi.*******om/WILLIAMS-RENAULT-F1-REVELL-1-24-SCALE_W0QQitemZ230033881127QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2583 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

madf1man
2006.10.01, 06:45 PM
http://cgi.*******om/WILLIAMS-RENAULT-F1-REVELL-1-24-SCALE_W0QQitemZ230033881127QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2583 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

enter e b a y.c in the blocked area

Spoon
2006.10.01, 08:00 PM
Would something like auction number 260010337243 do four cars completely or is it just a supplement for a car that already has a kit? It looks like it would do four whole cars, but I am not sure.

madf1man
2006.10.01, 08:22 PM
Excellent find!! I'm sure that would work for 4 cars.

Draconious
2006.10.01, 08:33 PM
it says 6 cars ;)

Sm0lders
2006.10.02, 01:47 PM
I would really like both white body sets. Guess I have to look on the Bay. When does tinyRC carry them?

LBRC
2006.10.03, 07:42 PM
Well I got my white body set in today so you are no longer alone and have one less person in the world sending green jealousy vibes your way.

Sure are a lot of pieces, the problem though is what to do about painting it, and how to “individualize” it?

The body is obviously a Ferrari but I don’t’ want it to be red and white, at the same time it does need to be a color that will stand out against the black RCP background when racing, and even though it doesn’t have to look like any existing car or team it should at least look something like a F1 so just painting it fluorescent green and/or pink is out of the question.

The most intimidating part I can see is going to be the driver’s helmet, the car body can be pretty basic and still look good with a few decals and a good color choice, of course I could just transplant Juan Pablo’s head.

So Spoon what's your plan?

Spoon
2006.10.03, 08:52 PM
Unfortuntely, I don't have one yet, at least not for the painting.

I had the same thoughts that you mentioned. I don't want it to be red but it has to be somewhat realistic. I would like a nice standout color but I dont' want anything that's really an actual team.

I think my first step is to assemble most of the body. Since I took all of the piece off of the molding parts, I can't really paint them individually. I think once I get it assembled, I'll take a look at it and see if I can't coem up with a color. One thought I had was leaving it mostly white and doing some sort of accent color. Another thought I had was some sort of pearl or metallic color, maybe paerl white or purple or metallic gold or copper. Maybe gold with black or something.

I don't know... :o

LBRC
2006.10.03, 10:09 PM
The pearl white sounds promising w/purple as accents maybe, I also like the metallic copper idea.

One of my original thoughts was metallic blue which would look good especially since my knuckles are blue but I’m afraid it would reflect the black from the track and tend to fade into the background too much. Something along the lines of the Fujicell battery paint scheme and/or the white and blue 1/32 lexan body painted by SWG in the below photo is what I’m currently leaning toward. Since I like the Mini-Z F1 and Team Kyosho decals off the Tire Label Kits I was then thinking about decorating it with them and other applicable 1:28 scale racing logo’s, i.e. RCP, Core, Atomic, Fujicell (now my preferred battery) etc.

But being the “first on the block with a white body kit” the rest of us are now waiting to follow your lead. :p

Spoon
2006.10.03, 10:59 PM
Metallic blue would be pretty nice...especially if you could do a fade like the inspiration. With enough places masked over you could keep enough white on the body to keep it visible.

I could also go "pimp" with purple and green. I didn't have the foresight to plan for the green on my OL but maybe with the F1...

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/899/medium/Rumble01.JPG

LBRC
2006.10.03, 11:19 PM
You’d need the gold wheels too, or green :D

pianoman
2006.10.04, 12:39 AM
ORANGE! PAINT IT ORANGE!!!

Arrows, Stryker?

arch2b
2006.10.04, 05:05 AM
mica blue is a great color :)

Sm0lders
2006.10.17, 05:25 PM
Orange is a great color for a body - look at McLaren's testing livery!:
http://www.f1-fansite.com/wallpaper/2006/Launch-Testing/McLaren%20orange%20800.jpg

I really want the white body sets, both the McLaren and the Ferrari :( Can anyone help me? :(

Dutch Mini Racer
2006.10.18, 03:16 PM
Orange is a great color for a body - look at McLaren's testing livery!:
http://www.f1-fansite.com/wallpaper/2006/Launch-Testing/McLaren%20orange%20800.jpg

I really want the white body sets, both the McLaren and the Ferrari :( Can anyone help me? :(

nice.. they had that colour before.. back when they switched from the red/white Marlboro colours to the gray/silver West colours.. as far as i know they wanted to race with the orange colour back then.. but went with the gray/silver style instead..

grymg
2006.10.19, 12:28 PM
nice.. they had that colour before.. back when they switched from the red/white Marlboro colours to the gray/silver West colours.. as far as i know they wanted to race with the orange colour back then.. but went with the gray/silver style instead..

There's a lot of different ways teams do their liveries, I think it's very interesting.

Examples of one scheme:
Williams BMW did it based totally on BMW - blue and white with grey trim.
Ferrari based on Marlboro.
Honda based on Lucky Strike colors.
Red Bull on Red Bull =)

Examples of two schemes:
Renault yellow based on Renault and blue based on Mild Seven.
McLaren silver based on Mercedes and black based on West.

Sm0lders
2006.10.25, 03:30 PM
My white bodies are shipped! :D

AMDemon
2006.11.14, 08:23 AM
so where are you getting these white bodies from?

Sm0lders
2006.11.14, 04:34 PM
www.h-l-j.com

without the "-".

LBRC
2006.11.14, 04:38 PM
Ordered mine on-line from Japan too.

AMDemon
2006.11.14, 04:47 PM
so these are revell model bodies?

1/24 scale?

LBRC
2006.11.14, 04:49 PM
No they are Kyosho Mini-Z white bodies.

AMDemon
2006.11.14, 06:06 PM
ok i'm dumb can i get a direct link to the white bodies please..

i looked all throught the site.

thanks

Spoon
2006.11.14, 08:28 PM
ok i'm dumb can i get a direct link to the white bodies please..

i looked all throught the site.

thanks

email me and I'll send you a link.

AMDemon
2006.11.15, 07:07 AM
email sent thanks

akura2
2006.11.28, 08:37 AM
is there any other place that I can get the Alcohol and Cigarette sticker set other than the 'bay?

Will the shop ever carry them?

I only need enough Marlboro stickies to do one car... and I certainly don't need to spend the money they're asking for the ability to do six.. but I will if I absolutely have to

thanks for any info

grymg
2006.11.28, 12:43 PM
is there any other place that I can get the Alcohol and Cigarette sticker set other than the 'bay?

Will the shop ever carry them?

I only need enough Marlboro stickies to do one car... and I certainly don't need to spend the money they're asking for the ability to do six.. but I will if I absolutely have to

thanks for any info

Hey Jimmy,

I bought my stickers from here:
http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en_US/prod/23486.html

Cost $12 shipped and took about 2-3 weeks. They were a tiny bit smaller than perfect but it worked well on my F2005.

Ian