PDA

View Full Version : AWD vs 02mm?

M2b1Z3
2006.10.05, 03:15 AM
i was wondering which is better? price isnt an issue. just wondering which would be easier to drift and just play around with. looking to do minor upgrades to the suspension. and frame. maybe some rims and an extra body. a slightly more powerful engine. not looking to race at the track. by the way this would be my first r/c "kit" car. :D

arch2b
2006.10.05, 05:11 AM
it's near impossible to drift an mr-02 so go for the awd. it could be done, just much easier with the awd

Spoon
2006.10.05, 10:08 AM
i was wondering which is better? price isnt an issue. just wondering which would be easier to drift and just play around with. looking to do minor upgrades to the suspension. and frame. maybe some rims and an extra body. a slightly more powerful engine. not looking to race at the track. by the way this would be my first r/c "kit" car. :D

Where are you located? You might be surprised at how much fun these things are when you get to race them...just a thought.

Anyway, if you are looking to just mess around and drift, the AWD is the way to go. Be careful if you go to a hotter motor, that's when the stock parts start to break.

M2b1Z3
2006.10.05, 12:41 PM
Where are you located? You might be surprised at how much fun these things are when you get to race them...just a thought.

Anyway, if you are looking to just mess around and drift, the AWD is the way to go. Be careful if you go to a hotter motor, that's when the stock parts start to break.
thanks for the advice for starters. im from so. cal im not really trying to go motor just yet. as im not that experienced with r/c (i do wanna upgrade the motor in the future) but as for now. i wanted to tighten the suspension. reinforce the frame. maybe put some rims and get a ford GT body. i will most likely be going with the ma-010 this weekend. if anyone and i mean ANYONE has a different opinion. please let me know!!! :D

madf1man
2006.10.05, 01:12 PM
Ford GT on an AWD drift car? First the GT deserves more respect!! The GT is a 98mm body so the AWD chassis would require an aftermarket extension kit. Also seems longer wheel base would be less favorable for drifting allthough I know nothing about drifting in the slightest tiny winy itibitist bit.

Spoon
2006.10.05, 01:14 PM
As madf1 mentioned, you can make it fit but not in the stock configuration. I wrote an article that describes how to tell which bodies will fit which chassis. To get the GT to fit you will need one of the "cheaters" that I describe at the end of the article.

Let me know if you have any questions...

http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/09/gaftn-bodies-aka-autoscales.html

M2b1Z3
2006.10.05, 01:37 PM
well that is one of my goals. cause i think the GT has one of the nicest sleekest bodies on the mini-z line up. but i would happily run the r32. planning to get the jet silver and painting the rims to a bronze color. :D spoon are you talking about the crystal adaptor? wouldnt that involve some soldering?

Spoon
2006.10.05, 01:52 PM
well that is one of my goals. cause i think the GT has one of the nicest sleekest bodies on the mini-z line up. but i would happily run the r32. planning to get the jet silver and painting the rims to a bronze color. :D spoon are you talking about the crystal adaptor? wouldnt that involve some soldering?

Nah...not the crystal adaptor (although you may need that) there is a body extension kit.

The AWD can use 90mm and 94mm bodies. The GT is a 98mm body. You will need the extension to be able to run 98mm bodies. It's all outlined in the article.

M2b1Z3
2006.10.06, 01:46 AM
well i got myself a awd skyline r32 today =) ima go run it right now