PDA

View Full Version : I give up, I need somebody to help me with my FETs

traxxasman215
2006.10.06, 09:10 PM
I have a OL that I have been playing a long battle with. Everything was alright until I fried my stock fets with a x-speed. I successfully replaced the stock fets with IRF7317 fets, but they didn't last long with the PN racing motor. After replacing them another time it didn't even move a inch before they fried. While replacing them yet once again, a pad lifted. so after following several threads on here I thought I had it, but I made the mistake of using the same motor and the fets fried AGAIN. I need somebody that is willing to fix it properly. This means you need to find another soldering point for the lifted pad and I don't know where it is. Plus I am tired of fighting with it. No I am not asking for a free service, I will include fets and pay for shipping/job.

Thank you,
Nick

byebye
2006.10.07, 04:59 PM
Contact PH2T here on the forums. I think his website is whoanelly.com. You can also contact the shop about FET repair.

-Byebye

Getter Robo
2006.10.11, 07:22 AM
Did you stack the FETs or did you run the PN racing motor with a single layer of FETs?! You normally need a 2x3 stack for decent motors like the PN anima.

traxxasman215
2006.10.11, 01:49 PM
Did you stack the FETs or did you run the PN racing motor with a single layer of FETs?! You normally need a 2x3 stack for decent motors like the PN anima.
I dunno why I said racing motor when I made the post. The motor that I have is a PN Racing (the company) Speedy motor. It doesn't need a fets upgrade. I have used one before in another mini-z with no problem. I also use a speedawd in my MA-010.