PDA

View Full Version : airtronics mx-a and epoch?

cdog4w
2006.10.10, 01:01 PM
Has anyone tried the mx-a to see if it works with an epoch? If anyone has both would you mind trying it out for me? I'm looking to buy a computer radio for my epochs but so far the only one I know of is the iwaver. Thanks in advance.

ChattavegasSE
2006.10.10, 04:41 PM
This thread says yes, go for it:
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23021

cdog4w
2006.10.10, 05:07 PM
That thread says the JR XR2i works with epoch, not the MX-A. Appreciate the heads up regardless.

soyverde
2006.10.10, 09:38 PM
Well, if you're feeling patient I'm sure we can test this combo at the next DC GTG (Arch2b has an Epoch, I have an MX-A). Unfortunately that won't be until the 21st...

cdog4w
2006.10.11, 12:28 PM
Well, if you're feeling patient I'm sure we can test this combo at the next DC GTG (Arch2b has an Epoch, I have an MX-A). Unfortunately that won't be until the 21st...

I would really appreciate that, thanks!

will3kgt
2006.10.19, 12:08 AM
That thread says the JR XR2i works with epoch, not the MX-A. Appreciate the heads up regardless.
I've been told the JR XR2i works best with the Epoch.

cdog4w
2006.10.19, 03:41 AM
I've been told the JR XR2i works best with the Epoch.

I'd like to find out about the MX-A because it has more features etc and would be a better backup radio (if only because it has more model memory). Failing that I'll track down a XR2i. JR does makes some nice stuff tho.

soyverde
2006.10.22, 10:17 AM
Well, we tested it, unfortunately the test results were inconclusive. Arch2b's epoch has been sitting around for a long time, and definitely was not working correctly. Neither the MX-A nor a Futaba 2PL we had on hand would work with it at all. A KT-5 only made it twich a little and slowly move the wheels (steering). I can't say whether it would work or not since the epoch didn't seem to be in running shape...sorry. :(

cdog4w
2006.10.23, 05:01 PM
Well, we tested it, unfortunately the test results were inconclusive. Arch2b's epoch has been sitting around for a long time, and definitely was not working correctly. Neither the MX-A nor a Futaba 2PL we had on hand would work with it at all. A KT-5 only made it twich a little and slowly move the wheels (steering). I can't say whether it would work or not since the epoch didn't seem to be in running shape...sorry. :(

Thanks for testing! Shame it didn't seem to work out, man, the epoch really can be finicky. Also a shame that arch doesn't keep the epoch in running condition, but with his collection and running the DC GTG I can more than understand him being busy with other stuff. Plus it sounds like hes working on his house :)

Anyway, if you guys ever get the chance to try it with a working epoch, let me know, if not I appreciate what you've already done. Thanks again!

soyverde
2006.11.16, 08:26 PM
Just thought I'd update this, bnwhtlw brought two epochs to the last DC GTG (in known working shape), and the MX-A did not work with them either. :(

bnwhtlw
2006.11.16, 08:43 PM
Spoons 2pl wouldnt work with them either. I have some tips on how make the stock controller not feel like utter junk. I actually prefer the stock controller.