Powerful, pre-installed micro motor
Included Ni-MH battery pack with portable alkaline automatic peak charger
Team Losi 27MHz radio system
Electronic Speed Control with Reverse
High-traction rubber tires on pre-mounted on durable nylon wheels
Includes 8 AA heavy-duty batteries for transmitter
Includes 8 AA alkaline batteries for charger

Overview
Team Losi is out to take RC to every level with the Micro-T. The Micro-T is the smallest RTR that Team Losi has ever offered, coming in at just under 5 inches long. But just because itís small doesnít mean it skimps on performance. Packed with a Ni-MH battery pack, independent suspension, differential equipped transmission, automatic peak charger and 27MHz Team Losi radio system, the Micro-T has the speed and handling to tackle everything from the tabletop to the tile. Take it with you anywhere you go and satisfy your need for speed with the Micro-T.

Product Specifications
Type: 2WD Stadium Truck RTR
Scale: 1/36
Length: 4.5 in (114mm)
Width: 3.5 in (89mm)
Wheelbase: 3 in (76mm)
Weight: 3.4 oz (96g)
Chassis: Composite tub
Suspension: Independent
Drive Train: 3-gear transmission w/gear diff and slipper
Tire Type: rubber multi-pin rear/ribbed front
Motor or Engine: Micro Electric
Speed Control: Electronic Forward/Reverse
Radio: 27MHZ AM Pistol
Servos: Sub-micro
Batteries: 4.8v, 150MAH NiMH (included)
Charger: Peak (included)
Wheel Size: 0.75 in (19mm) diameter
Kit/RTR: RTR
Shock Type: Coil-Over Friction Dampers
Body: Factory-decorated Stadium Truck
Ball Bearings: BB-Equipped Transmission

not sure if this is the right section so mods move the thread if necessary

imxlr8ed
2006.10.12, 07:26 PM
Oh no... another thing to spend my money on !!! :eek:

Sweet... I'm sure someone already has a lithium pack in one.

arch2b
2006.10.12, 08:07 PM
man, even i waqnt one of those! :eek: :cool:

MiniZMaster
2006.10.12, 08:35 PM
im deff gonna get 1 or 2 after i get my hpi baja this weekend.

bnwhtlw
2006.10.12, 09:28 PM
Oh no... another thing to spend my money on !!! :eek:

I couldnt agree more.

Draconious
2006.10.12, 09:41 PM
:) I wonder if I can get the body and wheels to fit my chassis ;) if I convert it to 2/3AAA I can shorten the wheelbase to the same as that thing :) muhahaha... give it some compitition ;).

rkk
2006.10.12, 11:56 PM
Hmmm.... I was just considering a 1:16 buggy, but this would be even better given space constraints. Just wish it ran on 4 AAA like the mini-z.

nivlacs3z
2006.10.13, 12:06 AM
mmmm this thing sounds awsome... sort of screams make me stupid fast XD. What size motor do yall think it'll use? Any chance of upgrades and blingage? (I think i'll be needing some alloy.... )

pchan0
2006.10.13, 12:10 AM
Looks like we can use our 27mhz AM radio from Mini-Z for this? I pre-order mine at www.horizonhobby.com already. $80USD is a steal...

herman
2006.10.13, 12:38 AM
that's coolness...

guess it was a good decision to have a buggy version rather than an on road car...

any pics with the body off???

nivlacs3z
2006.10.13, 12:40 AM
hmmm whats the ground clearance on these things?

Btman
2006.10.13, 02:14 AM
Finally, something new in sub 1/28 scale. I am getting excited about this one for sure. I must admit that I did not expect this. This could be a very popular product for indoor racing due to its size if the performance is decent.

MiniZMaster
2006.10.13, 05:53 AM
It uses a 180 size motor.

byebye
2006.10.13, 06:13 AM
Thats next on my list.

-Byebye

arch2b
2006.10.13, 07:46 AM
put a better motor in it, use my better transmitter adn i htink these could be an absolute blast on the track! even the rcp jumps would work very well. see the dc gtg subforum for overland track pictures/video ;)

Spoon
2006.10.13, 08:40 AM
That looks like it could be a really good time. I have one concern though...the battery.

only 150 Mah...and 8 AA batteries for the charger...

Is this going to work like an Epoch or zip zap where you mount it on a charger to run?

arch2b
2006.10.13, 08:43 AM
you know the first thing to go in the trash can will be whatever the charger is in favor of a real charger. i bet battery options will be modded by the 1st week it's out.

you can also bet custom chassis kits will be in the work as well.

rkk
2006.10.13, 09:56 AM
In a perfect world these would run on 3.6 volts (single lithium ion)

arch2b
2006.10.13, 10:26 AM
what we really need to see is what the chassis itself looks like and what the components are. it's going to need one hell of a servo saver.

has anyone else found any material other than what hh and losi have on their websites? i'd like to see video to compare speed, suspension travel, etc.

Getter Robo
2006.10.13, 10:27 AM
i really like to have one in my hand to check if there's enough room for 1 or 2 AAA liths and deans plugs and if its fets are upgradable :)

Spoon
2006.10.13, 10:42 AM
It already looks like you can get upgraded motors and batt's.

http://www.helgerracing.com/J18peak/j18micro/j18micropage1.html

Just do a text search for micro-t on the page. It claims that one of the motors and two of the batteries will fit the micro-t :D

bnwhtlw
2006.10.13, 10:52 AM
It already looks like you can get upgraded motors and batt's.

http://www.helgerracing.com/J18peak/j18micro/j18micropage1.html

Just do a text search for micro-t on the page. It claims that one of the motors and two of the batteries will fit the micro-t :D

I think that is thier mistake. They are saying Micro, when they mean mini-t. I know those battery packs are the same size as the mini-t. Also if you look at the motor on the micro, it seems to have a mini-z, xmod style motor in it, rather than the round cans like the micro.

I could be wrong though.

bnwhtlw
2006.10.13, 10:55 AM
I hate that we cant edit our posts on this board.

http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/LOSB0230-12.jpg

Spoon
2006.10.13, 10:57 AM
I was curious about that. I wasn't sure, but I posted it anyway. You must be right, thanks for clearing that up.

Also, you can edit your posts for up to 30 minutes after you post (I think).

Flashsp-2
2006.10.13, 10:59 AM
I hate that we cant edit our posts on this board.

http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/LOSB0230-12.jpg

Oh yeah, that is just waiting for a hand wound mod motor in an Atomic can...

...and a 300mAh li-poly pack:)

bnwhtlw
2006.10.13, 11:00 AM
Not to hijack, but how do you edit your posts? I like to think of myself as a responsible forum user. Im an active member on a bunch of them. I know vBulletin pretty well...and I have looked, I cannot figure out how to do it. Maybe its a permissions thing, or maybe once you hit post count you can.

Draconious
2006.10.13, 11:01 AM
any photos with out body? of the esc size etc?

Spoon
2006.10.13, 11:15 AM
Not to hijack, but how do you edit your posts? I like to think of myself as a responsible forum user. Im an active member on a bunch of them. I know vBulletin pretty well...and I have looked, I cannot figure out how to do it. Maybe its a permissions thing, or maybe once you hit post count you can.

It should be an option next to the "Reply with quote" button at the bottom of your thread. Here's a screenshot...

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/722/edit.JPG

EDIT: Man that looks pretty bad embedded in the thread!

bnwhtlw
2006.10.13, 12:04 PM
Nope, must be a post count / user level thing.

cdog4w
2006.10.13, 02:54 PM
It uses a 180 size motor.

Where did you see that? I really doubt it is a 180, those 150mAh cells just won't do a 180 justice and I doubt even a 130 would be happy on them. These are bit/zip zap sized cells to be clear. The epoch uses the same cells and it doesn't have a 130 either.

I dunno, it certainly could be a 130 with gearing etc to make it work with such crappy batteries :)

Draconious
2006.10.13, 03:07 PM
Yea the motor in the photo is closer to the motor in the Mini-Z servo... possibly a mm or so bigger... maybe even same motor. lol...

MiniZMaster
2006.10.13, 03:10 PM
seen on rcunivers some one said a 180 size.

LBRC
2006.10.13, 03:39 PM
My guess from the photo is that the motor will be something like this Century Helo Tail Motor, they look very much like a shrunk down 180 being the approximate length of a 130 but only about 12mm thick at the flat, with a 1.5mm shaft diameter.

supafastsupra2
2006.10.13, 06:44 PM
comparing the size of the car to the hand pictured, and then the motor to the car, it looks like one of the motors from a mini-z servo or the tail rotor motor as stated by lbrc... im sure soemone will make a bb motor plate and mod batts to make this thing a little beast though.

bnwhtlw
2006.10.13, 07:07 PM
Went to my LHS, they have 10 on order. He said they have a hopup motor coming out, but the first upgrade (at least from Losi) is a battery. Didnt say what kind. But either way, I cant wait to play with one, my main complaint for the Mini-t was that it was too big for indoor fun. (at least in my house)

GiXXer
2006.10.13, 07:40 PM
is a 200 can that must bigger then a 180? It looks like with a little shaving a mamba will fit in there :D .

supafastsupra2
2006.10.13, 10:30 PM
omly time will tell. the difference between the 180 and 20mm cans are that a) the 180 is 2mm less in diameter (round part) and b) 180 motors are flat on two sides. so if the motor does end up being 180, you may have to hack into the tranny case to fit it, or make an extended motor plate/ motor guard. Or you could just run a 12mm b/l motor which will stil have plenty of speed and it wont draw as much, as a mamba type unit will draw WAYYYY more that those puny cells can. hell we even have problems with cogging with 2/3a batteries in some cases for the mambas.

Roketmini
2006.10.14, 04:13 PM
I personally the Losi Synthesized sport radio is great.

When I first saw this I figured it was some cruel photoshop prank, but it looks like Losi is really making it...I wonder how long it will take for Associated to make a RC-36T/MT/B.

Looks like a great lunchtime runner for school. :D
Nobody better step on it though...

dean
2006.10.14, 09:49 PM
If the motor is smaller than the mini-z they made a big mistake lets see what it is first before judgeing. They went priority with stupid 4 wire servos in the stock mini-t so lets see if they keep with a somewhat industry standard motor.
I e-mailed Losi wondering what size motor, will let y'all know if I find out.
If Mini-Z motors are a direct fit, this thing will rock big. :cool: :cool:

Spoon
2006.10.14, 10:15 PM
If Mini-Z motors are a direct fit, this thing will rock big. :cool: :cool:

No Doubt! I am looking forward to anything you hear from Losi.

will3kgt
2006.10.14, 11:57 PM
I wonder if they plan to make an on-road car in this scale.

HaCo
2006.10.15, 05:33 AM
I wonder if they plan to make an on-road car in this scale.

Way off topic; but IMO it's about time that corally, HPI, asso, Team Losi makes a compatible MiniZ chassis... THAT would be cool!

Hermit
2006.10.17, 08:08 PM
Body off Pics

Natedog
2006.10.19, 10:27 AM
Rich high-tailed it out of 1 / 18th . com mlst forum when the Mini LST gear issue started its tidalwave. I dont think he's been back there since.

He was there all the time hyping the MLST until after all the problems came up...broken wheels, blown ring and pinion gears, glitching radios, tie-rods popping off, broken knuckles, dogbones/cups wearing rapidly, battery plugs melting together so that they won't unplug, dead servos, am I forgetting anything???

The pics of it running definitely has front wheel bearings in it...gotta be tiny and look like held on with e-clips...have to put a touch of Shoe Goo on em to keep those clips on everytime ya hit something they will fly into the void.

Looks like I may buy a Mini-Z Overland this year instead...need something that is small enough for in the house and DURABLE>>>

pinwc4
2006.10.23, 12:44 PM
I got to see this truck in action this weekend. Unless AE announces something before I can pick up the Losi I am going to have to get a couple of these. They were running it around on a small track with a couple of jumps and it seemed to handle them similar to it's bigger brother.

The motor looked quite a bit smaller than a Mini-Z motor though. The 5 wires for the servo was dissapointing but at that size I imagine it would be hard to have space for a standard servo. It looked like it had a similar tie-rod/servo saver setup as the mini-z's.

At 1/36th scale I do worry about the durability of the parts though, especially the tiny, thin dog bones. But overall it looks like it will be fun to run around.

cdog4w
2006.10.23, 04:44 PM
The 5 wires for the servo was dissapointing but at that size I imagine it would be hard to have space for a standard servo. It looked like it had a similar tie-rod/servo saver setup as the mini-z's.

What do you mean by this? Gear holders molded into the chassis like mini-z so that it doesn't have a sep. gear case? There is plenty of room for a standard servo, the airplane servos go down to 4grams and are absurdly small. Not too expensive either.

Cool that you got to see it in person. Its hard to get a feel how the suspension worked, tho I did catch a short video of it:
http://rcforum.co.kr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1719
Surprisingly quick for the voltage, I can immagine the 7.2V pack and stock motor being more than fast enough to satisfy all but the hungriest modders.

I'm not too worried about the dogbones.

Shame that the battery door on the bottom is screwed in by 2 screws, won't make for quick battery swaps... more awkward than anything.

dean
2006.10.23, 04:49 PM
Losi never replied to my question of motor size. However I already was sure it was smaller than the mini-z motor judging by the size of the wire versus the size of the motor. Just another way for them to be exclusive on upgrades where the money is. :mad:

cdog4w
2006.10.23, 05:11 PM
Losi never replied to my question of motor size. However I already was sure it was smaller than the mini-z motor judging by the size of the wire versus the size of the motor. Just another way for them to be exclusive on upgrades where the money is. :mad:

General consensus has it as a N20 sized motor as used in micro airplanes and helis.

jjlove
2006.10.23, 05:20 PM
Anyone have a pic of the battery pack?

pinwc4
2006.10.23, 05:54 PM
What do you mean by this? Gear holders molded into the chassis like mini-z so that it doesn't have a sep. gear case? There is plenty of room for a standard servo, the airplane servos go down to 4grams and are absurdly small. Not too expensive either.

I meant that I am not sure there was enough room in between the front suspension and the battery compartment for a micro servo. Moving the electronics from the servo up to the combined esc/reciever saves them quite a bit of space relatively speaking. I could not tell if the servo gears are integrated and didn't think to ask.

We have to remember this is smaller than an overland. It is a little wider but length and height are shorter. In my hand it seemed a lot smaller than my H1 Overland.

marc
2006.10.31, 03:27 PM
I know I want one fully hopped up. Think GPM and the other guys are making alloy stuff for it? I've got a sweet new red aluminum chassis for the regular Mini-T. Unfortunetly, it's just a rolling chassis with no electronics and no body on it. Would love to see a 1/36 scale version all alloy'd up!

Blackno3
2006.11.02, 11:49 PM
Wow Iím surprised that no one this forum is psyched about the micro-t.
Well here is a video and some picís to get you a psyched bout it.
Click here-- Micro-t Video (http://flvs.daum.net/sflvPlayer_full.swf?vid=NRGlNg-SbZk$)
And yes that was a wheelie!!!

And Just think, if you have a little dirt spot in youíre yard, then you can make a bad ass track in minutes for this thing!!!

marc
2006.11.03, 09:03 AM
Oh I'm very psyched about it. It's about time we have a micro buggy. Looks to be even more fun than the Z's or X's. I just hope GPM and other companies produce aloy hop-ups for it.

briankstan
2006.11.03, 10:09 AM
Wow Iím surprised that no one this forum is psyched about the micro-t.
Well here is a video and some picís to get you a psyched bout it.
Click here-- Micro-t Video (http://flvs.daum.net/sflvPlayer_full.swf?vid=NRGlNg-SbZk$)
And yes that was a wheelie!!!

And Just think, if you have a little dirt spot in youíre yard, then you can make a bad ass track in minutes for this thing!!!

thanks for posting the video. I've been waiting to see some video of this thing in action.

It's on my list of things to get..

cdog4w
2006.11.03, 07:28 PM
There is also a short video interview from ihobby, here:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1631

marc
2006.11.06, 03:19 PM
Does anybody else see GPM or other companies making alloy hop-ups for this thing? Sure looked sweet in the video. My local hobby store is getting theme soon. I plan on getting one ASAP!

Btman
2006.11.08, 09:28 PM
Team Losi now has PDF files of the owners manual and exploded parts view/list on its website. I have not looked at it in detail yet but I look forward to it.

LBRC
2006.11.08, 11:52 PM
A few interesting manual photoís

marc
2006.11.09, 09:24 AM
Thanks LBRC! Sorry I never got back to you on the Epoch Shotgun conversion. Still making those? I still think about it occationally.

LBRC
2006.11.09, 01:20 PM
Sorry about the size of the photoís I forgot to shrink them and with no edit function after I hit submit it was too late.

Thanks LBRC! Sorry I never got back to you on the Epoch Shotgun conversion. Still making those? I still think about it occationally.
Yep, but have been a little strapped for spare time lately especially since Iím also working on a few different options for the Epoch and Mini-Z Lit.

marc
2006.11.09, 01:22 PM
Really? You have a Mini-Z Lit on hand? If so, how are they? I hope GPM makes a bunch of stuff for theme, especially some alloy wheels.

BostonRacer
2006.11.09, 02:59 PM
considering that would be hella fun indoors...and I cant use the mini t out here in the winter because of the snow...that thing would be absolutely perfect...

14u2catch
2006.12.01, 04:08 PM
stors on the bay are saying they are in ........any body got one with a opinion

ChrisJuliano12
2006.12.01, 04:55 PM
yes, there in

im going to defiently buy one of these once lipo's and alloy parts come out

lots of people got them at RCU and they are already putting this esc in that is so small, its about 1/4th a inch bigger then a penny :o

bnwhtlw
2006.12.01, 06:58 PM
My LHS has them in stock..MY GOD they are tiny. They will wheelie quite easily.

marc
2006.12.01, 08:22 PM
My local hobby store in Colorado Springs has theme on order. Should be in next week. GPM told me personally that they plan on doing hop-ups for the Micro-T as well. I look forward to those. I know many here don't like GPM, but I love'em. For bling-bling they are best quality.

arch2b
2006.12.01, 08:24 PM
My LHS has them in stock..MY GOD they are tiny. They will wheelie quite easily.
will you be going to the pa regional with spoon? if so please bring the micro-t with you if you got one

Hammer
2006.12.01, 09:01 PM
I just purchased one on ebay. I'll post a review, as soon as I receive it. ;)

bnwhtlw
2006.12.01, 11:11 PM
will you be going to the pa regional with spoon? if so please bring the micro-t with you if you got one

I dont think I am coming. But I may very well have one by then (working a goods for services with the LHS) if so, Ill send it with him.

Spoon
2006.12.01, 11:19 PM
I dont think I am coming. But I may very well have one by then (working a goods for services with the LHS) if so, Ill send it with him.

Mike pulled them out of the box when I was there. They are very very cute. I almost bought one right there but I had to fight the temptation.

arch2b
2006.12.01, 11:32 PM
do you think it's worth it? i know it would be very hard for me to fight the urge to buy one... but would i use it?

rharris
2006.12.01, 11:33 PM
they have em at ultimate (my lho). Way cool. They guys had one out of the box and let me drive it around.

There will be a few of them under our tree this year for sure. :D

One for the boy... and you know.... another one so he can race someone... might as well be me...

bnwhtlw
2006.12.01, 11:33 PM
I almost bought one right there but I had to fight the temptation.

Your all grown up now. I almost walked out with that yellow Ferrari MR-015 i-series. I expect I will own it soon. I made the official pitch tonight, so we will see what they jump on. The demo Blade CX2 is back there. At the next GTG we will have to bust it out.

bnwhtlw
2006.12.01, 11:35 PM
do you think it's worth it? i know it would be very hard for me to fight the urge to buy one... but would i use it?

I thought the suspension was really soft. I expect it will bottom out with alot of jumps. But I saw the Losi Micro T parts list a few weeks ago and springs are a hop up that will be available.

marc
2006.12.02, 11:52 AM
Mike pulled them out of the box when I was there. They are very very cute. I almost bought one right there but I had to fight the temptation.

Go on, give in to the temptation. It's ok, everybodies' doing it! LOL! Mine's on the way!

marc
2006.12.02, 12:01 PM
As I said before, GPM told me personally that they are planning on doing hop-ups for the Micro-T. I'm sure others will too. I wonder if anybody will offer a carbon-fiber chassis like it's big brother.

Ninja
2006.12.02, 12:49 PM
I cant wait for a 130 motor plate, mini-z board, and Iwaver servo conversion ;) I want one of these bad. I think a MA-010 will be first though.

BostonRacer
2006.12.03, 09:55 AM
I found a video, I dont want to post it without the persons permission or advertise here but its on rctech.net's micro forum... it looks fun as hell...he brought it off some big card board jumps...lol few times running right into the side of it... I think its definatly worth the money...

I wish he took the body off or just like showed the camera around the body and chasis/wheels though.. if anyone finds anything like this please post

ChrisJuliano12
2006.12.03, 10:19 AM
boston, heres you go!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5063889/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5069031/tm.htm

man, those look so sweet! but the turnoff is basically the internals

BostonRacer
2006.12.03, 12:16 PM
wow dude.... I'm kinda impressed...

by the time I get one, theyre should be shock upgrade and hopefully some alloy peices and body's...

ChrisJuliano12
2006.12.03, 12:22 PM
yea, hopefully, im defiently going to put a lipo in, and every alloy part ^^

BostonRacer
2006.12.03, 01:03 PM
I'm just wondering aactually when parts will be released...even though they were only released yesterday..lol

stuZ
2006.12.04, 03:29 AM
there a blast! really quick and good handling. the runtime is kind of short, but so fun!

pinoyboy
2006.12.04, 09:51 AM
these look pretty cool. I've been looking to get a car for offroad stuff, like mini z monster, but I think i'll wait and see what the verdict is on these.

imxlr8ed
2006.12.04, 10:47 AM
Wow... saw one in action this weekend, incredible.

Kyosho... I hope you guys have something on the way !!!

$80 bucks... RTR, and to go that fast out of the box ? Wow !

Runtime and durability seem to be issues, but the aftermarket will take care of that soon, I'm sure.

I still can't believe how fast and smooth it was !, it was keeping up with my stock class XrayM18 ! :cool:

bnwhtlw
2006.12.04, 11:24 AM
What is run time and how long to charge?

The mini-t broke easily too. My LHS burnt the slipper already.

stuZ
2006.12.04, 02:02 PM
What is run time and how long to charge?

The mini-t broke easily too. My LHS burnt the slipper already.

it takes about 20 min to charge, and run time's about 7-12 min (i'm guessing, but it feels somewhat short) the batt has 150Mah, hopefully they'll come out with higher capacity batts (or better yet, intellect does!).

they do seem like they could be a bit fragile, but I've tagged every chair leg in my house and no problems yet.

it understeers a bit on medium carpet, has a bit of twitchy over-steering on my anti-fatigue mat track, and handles great on commercial carpet.
I ran it outside on my dirt track (not very groomed), it's too small, and every little weed affects it, if you had a hard-pack groomed dirt track, it would be good. It's an awesome little jumper.

they're really cool, especially if you like small r/c. (they're cute...:D)

pchan0
2006.12.04, 02:19 PM
Anyone try their own 3PKS, Helios, or M11 radio with AM module with the microt?

stuZ
2006.12.04, 02:32 PM
Anyone try their own 3PKS, Helios, or M11 radio with AM module with the microt?

It works with my 2pl AM.

Hammer
2006.12.04, 04:44 PM
it takes about 20 min to charge, and run time's about 7-12 min (i'm guessing, but it feels somewhat short) the batt has 150Mah, hopefully they'll come out with higher capacity batts (or better yet, intellect does!).As I haven't received mine yet, is there any information included regarding charging specifications for the battery pack? I'm wondering if I might be able to make an adaptor and use my Piranha Digital Peak Charger to reduce charge time or at least avoid having to recharge batteries to recharge the battery pack.

imjonah
2006.12.04, 09:00 PM
Durability will be the issue for me.

If they hold together they will be a big hit. But if they start having problems after a couple weeks of use and/or they prove to be cheaply built then Losi will have missed a great opportunity.

I would like to believe they can deliver on all the features for $80 but I am skeptical.

I really hate the idea floated by another poster that you need to buy aftermarket parts to make a vehicle reliable.

bobbyz
2006.12.04, 10:58 PM
i just picked one up tonight. it is very quick, seems faster than a stock, maybe even xspeed mini z. maybe just seems faster cause it's smaller. it pulls wheelies from a stop and cruised around great on low industrial carpet. the motor is smaller than 130 size, but larger than n20 (mini z servo). i set up a little ramp approx 3" tall and it handles that fine. i think the rear end will need some stiffer springs because it bottoms out pretty easy. i've taken it pretty easy so far, so i haven't had any durabilty issues (only 2 charges) it could definately use a higher capacity battery, and a wall charger instead of batteries charging batteries **peeve** (even though losi does give you all the batteries you need to get started). i know some will want to make it faster, but i think it's plenty fast with the stock motor, especially for a beginner. if alloy aftermarket stuff comes out, then i can see a hotter motor to offset the added weight. has anyone tried one on a rcp track yet? how does it hook up? the only thing that really bugged me was that the antenna on the controller had black grease on it that got all over my fingers. i'm not a big fan of greasy controllers. so far it's a cool little ride. i will definately buy a baja bug body, bearings, maybe some choice alloy. i'm interested to hear what everyone else has to say.

LBRC
2006.12.05, 02:01 AM
Looking like itíll be Thursday at least before I get to see one, hate waiting on the mail.

How hard it and how long does it take to swap out the battery pack? 10 seconds, 20, 30?

Looking at the photoís the problem as I see it is that there doesnít seem to be a whole lot of room in that battery compartment. With no easy way to add a larger battery pack heavy aluminum and/or hot motors are going to cause painfully short runtimes and disappointment without some serious creativity.

Problems:
ēLooks like I can fit 3 of my 195 cells in the battery compartment but where to put a forth? Or I have a couple of 400 mah 2/3 AAAís so two in the battery compartment and two could be stashed somewhere else maybe, but thatís more weight and top heavy weight at that.

ēLipoís? Ok great, but even though two E-Tec 210ís in series will give you a killer 7.4 volts you still only get 210 mah and sure thatís + 60 mah but since lithiums loose their voltage faster the usable runtime reality will likely be disappointing.

ēThe flip side is two in parallel for an impressive 420 mah which sounds great until you consider the 3.4 volt part of the equation.

Seems to me that if they take off, new/custom chasses with more battery space will likely be necessary, but until then Iím thinking that as long as the circuit board is low voltage friendly the two parallel 420 mah 3.7 volt lipo option combined with a high current hot motor to keep the speed up at the lower voltage level might work.

For any small car a good digital peak charger is a must have, on the Epoch and Lit they make a huge difference

madf1man
2006.12.05, 01:10 PM
I just ran mine for a few moments on a few minute charge and it seems plenty quick. Pulls wheelie's to easy almost. Last thing I would want is LIPO.

BostonRacer
2006.12.05, 01:37 PM
I made up my mind..

santas bringing mine....hopefully..

that means SOMONE has just about...20 days to make some nice shocks and alloy peices :p

BostonRacer
2006.12.05, 01:39 PM
*edit grrr

and hopefully they make tired and stuff like they did with the mini t... I wanted to make my mini t into like a sand dune buggy, but I have no use for sand wedges accept they look cool...but I'll definalty put wedges and flaps on the micro..

bobbyz
2006.12.05, 01:42 PM
lbrc
the batt takes about a minute to physically take out of the car, because you have to take off two screws that hold a plate on the bottom of the chassis. it's only a 150 mah 4cell battery pack, so i think upgrade packs should come out soon. i can't remember what size the cells were. i think 1/3 AA, but i'll check later. i'd like to get a charger, what are some good digital peak chargers for that would work good with these small battery packs? what do you use for your epochs/lits?

rkk
2006.12.05, 01:42 PM
I just ran mine for a few moments on a few minute charge and it seems plenty quick. Pulls wheelie's to easy almost. Last thing I would want is LIPO.
Since it is 4.8v and "plenty quck" maybe a single cell (3.7 V) lipo would do the trick. Still quick but substantially longer run time? heres hoping.

stuZ
2006.12.05, 08:33 PM
any information included regarding charging specifications for the battery pack? I'm wondering if I might be able to make an adaptor and use my Piranha Digital Peak Charger to reduce charge time or at least avoid having to recharge batteries to recharge the battery pack.

I'll bet you could charge it with any charger capable of 4 cells, I wonder if 150mah is too low for a hobby grade charger? I kind of doubt it.
I'll wait until packs are more available to find out though! :p

bobbyz- I totally agree, It needs a bug body, or maybe a buggy!
also, I can't wait for street treads.

jonah- it's not cheaply made, at all. the plastic is good flexible plastic, but the size in itself, of course does pose a durability issue.

madf1man
2006.12.05, 08:54 PM
Wheelie's only last first couple pulls of the throttle. Buggy drives good on semi flat surface, hit some jumps and its nose heavy. Suspension tweaks needed. Real fun little buggy, will ck out on RCP this weekend and more obtacles.
http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums/album187/hircr24thbigfootlosiminiz.jpg
http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums/album187/hircr24thlosiminiz.jpg

bnwhtlw
2006.12.05, 08:59 PM
REALLY FUN on RCP until Spoon TBoned it and broke the rear A arm. Way to go smoothy.

Really fast on RCP. Id say its faster than a stock Mini-Z. I could be wrong I guess. Seems kinda fragile and I HATE the fact that the wheels are held on with C Clips.

Fun none the less..fun enough for my poor ass to shell out 80 bux. Probably not with Santa Claus coming and all...we will see.

ChrisJuliano12
2006.12.05, 09:02 PM
Guys, I would hold off on these, People on RCU are finding problems, almost 6 so far have had problems.

Maybe wait another month or 2

arch2b
2006.12.05, 10:11 PM
6 people? that constitutes a problem with product? i read more threads about mini-z issues when they first came out.... if all you can find is 6 people with troubles, i'd say it's doing well. for the scale and speed, it could be as bad as iwaver trouble. now there is a product with troubles.

LBRC
2006.12.06, 12:45 AM
lbrc
... it's only a 150 mah 4cell battery pack, so i think upgrade packs should come out soon. i can't remember what size the cells were. i think 1/3 AA, but i'll check later. i'd like to get a charger, what are some good digital peak chargers for that would work good with these small battery packs? what do you use for your epochs/lits?

I doubt we will be seeing much in the way of an upgraded battery pack any time soon, other than a 3.7 volt parallel LiPo pack option. Problem is that to kick up the capacity you need more space for example the Kan 180's and the 195's I use for the Epoch upgrades are 18mm long while the 150 mah 1/3 AAA's it uses are only 14mm long so the compartment would need to be 8mm wider.

I have a 2 cell parallel 3.7 volt LiPo pack all charged up an ready to try unfortunately Iím still waiting on the mail as soon as it arrives I'll probably pop it in to see how it works while I wait for the stock pack to charge. I'm not worried about the speed so much as how well the receiver portion of the circuit board works at lower voltage levels, pretty confident it will the question is how well? For example the lower voltage could cause the steering to start twitching every time you approach a wall or steel object which would be annoying.

Choosing a small battery pack charger using the Piranha as an example:

ē Battery Type: NiCd, NiMH - 1-8 cells
Good, the point here is that 4 NiMH cells falls nicely between ď1-8 cellsĒ
ē Charge Current: 0.1-5.0A
Again great, since 0.1 amps is less than 1C (150 milliamps)
ē Battery Capacity: 50-5000mAh
This is the big one, along with the number of cells, 150 mAh is more than ď50Ē where in there great.
ē Peak Sensitivity: 3-20mV
Adjustable Peak Sensitivity as low as 3mV very good, if it was only 10-20mV it would be bad.
ē Trickle Current: 0, 100, 200mA
The point here is that it can be set to ď0Ē since unlike NiCadís you do not want to trickle charge NiMH cells especially small ones, it shortens their life and degrades their performance. Note; advanced chargers have A monitored top-off charge setting that is sometimes labeled as a trickle charge this is a good thing since after the peak is detected a low current charge is applied until a very faint peak is detected and/or a time limit is reached (usually less than 2 minutes).

Key point is that the specs say the Piranha will charge 1-8 cell packs so 4 cells are ok, and it will go as low as 50mAh so itís a go for the 150mAh pack. :)

I use a Great Planes Triton with the optional temperature probe for my small cell packs. However I recommend the Duratrax Ice witch is essentially a newer version of the Triton for a few dollars off.

Ninja
2006.12.06, 01:15 AM
I have the Duratrax Piranha Digital Peak charger, and I wouldnt trade it for any other charger in the same price range. been thinking about making a cell tray to charge my AAA and AA for mini-Z's

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.06, 02:23 AM
Well i had likes and dislikes when i opened the box today.

I like the the deteail to scale, i like for $80 they had everything charger radio ... i wish i could make a car for $80 with everything.

I almost fell over when i saw a 12th scale receiver pack for the battery, and i was disapointed that it didn't have a 130 motor.

So first thing i did was make a mini z motor fit and put some 300 2/3 AAA cells in I'm going to use the HS-65 metal gear servo novak SPy speedo and micro spektrum RX I should have it up and running tomorow ish

heres a early photo

www.pro-z.com/jrxz.jpg

I use a old school 1992 Jrx-T style chassi so i figured i'd call it the Jrx-Z

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.06, 02:35 AM
i still have to finish the steering the new front shock tower speedo mount and decide how i want to hold the battery pack but it's definaly going to be a fun little truck

www.pro-z.com/jrxz2.jpg

LBRC
2006.12.06, 03:08 AM
Looking good, canít wait to see it when itís done especially with a SR3500 receiver.

will3kgt
2006.12.06, 06:09 AM
I raced these little wonders on Saturday. They are quite fast out of the box!
They sold out at my LHS. Really doesn't need hop ups other than bearings in my opinion.

Ninja
2006.12.06, 09:40 AM
with a 130 size motor, I would opt for lithiums with a little longer runtime than 300mah. but your on the right track :D

stuZ
2006.12.06, 01:00 PM
i still have to finish the steering the new front shock tower speedo mount and decide how i want to hold the battery pack but it's definaly going to be a fun little truck

www.pro-z.com/jrxz2.jpg

hopefully they'll make a ball diff and slipper clutch...
:D

ChrisJuliano12
2006.12.06, 02:29 PM
Actually, 6 people is not a HUGE problem but think about it, Only about 20 people on that forum have them, 6:20 is for every 3 out of 10 there is probably a problem. That is nothing bad, but its defiently not somthing that would make me feel like buying a product.

stuZ
2006.12.06, 05:04 PM
I wonder where we can get our hands on the adapter to make a charger adapter? I don't want to cut mine off of the stock charger, and deans micro seems like over-kill, and a bit large (!!) :confused:

arch2b
2006.12.06, 05:09 PM
deans micro plugs are actually very tiny. the deans ultra series are the large ones you typ see in 1/18 and up. go for the polarized micro plugs, they make it idiot proof.

bnwhtlw
2006.12.06, 05:20 PM
deans micro plugs are actually very tiny. the deans ultra series are the large ones you typ see in 1/18 and up. go for the polarized micro plugs, they make it idiot proof.

The Deans micro is smaller than the stock one.

Why dont you take the stock charger and cut the cable and put an connector on there. Then you can take the end of it off for your Peak Charger and you dont have to the wire on the battery.

Maybe thats what you already meant, but that seems the easiest thing to do.

stuZ
2006.12.06, 05:44 PM
The Deans micro is smaller than the stock one.

Why dont you take the stock charger and cut the cable and put an connector on there. Then you can take the end of it off for your Peak Charger and you dont have to the wire on the battery.

I have plenty of deans plugs on x-mods, z's, 1/18ths, but I like how the stock connectors are flat. I probably will go to deans though.

stuZ
2006.12.06, 05:46 PM
take the stock charger and cut the cable and put a connector on there. Then you can take the end of it off for your Peak Charger and you dont have to the wire on the battery.

doy!!! great idea. thx

Hammer
2006.12.06, 06:00 PM
I'm sure the Deans micro plugs will work for making a charging adaptor. They will certainly take the amps. Luckly, I have a few on hand. :p

Nige55
2006.12.06, 11:50 PM

www.pro-z.com/jrxz2.jpg

Whooooaaaa ! That's nuts ! That chassis looks great ! Man, that is gonna be a hell of a lotta fun, please please please keep us posted !

marc
2006.12.07, 11:56 AM
Hi there. I just got my Micro-T the other day and have been playing with it ever since. The little thing is tiny and it packs a punch! I was very surprised with it. I had expected it to be a Mini-Z size Mini-T. Didn't realize just how small it was till I saw it in the shop. I traded my all aluminum Country Alloy Works Mini-T chassis with the store's owner for the new Micro-T. Well worth the trade. I've also been talking with GPM, and they told me that they are going to make parts for it. I suggested an alloy OEM style chassis with a heat-sink battery clip as well as other parts. I suspect their parts to be available mid-07.
The instructions manual states useing Li-po batteries and hotter motors may cause problems, but I'm sure people will be testing it anyway.
For only 80 dollars, the Micro-T is one awesome little car and for the price, I'm sure it'll out-sell Kyosho's new Mini-Z Lit.

pinwc4
2006.12.07, 10:10 PM
Just got both of mine in tonight. I am very excited about them but will have to wait until the weekend to setup my RCP track with Imat jumps to see if this will become a new racing class for us. I am hoping.....

After taking it apart a few things of note about the circuit. The FET are labeled 4502gm and appear to be double stacked. I can't find the data sheet for them but I would like to know what their amp rating is.

It also appears the entire brain of this receiver/ESC/servo controller is based on the pic16f676 from Microchip. I might have to read the assembly off this chip just to see what it is doing. The motor driver for the servo is a HT6751 built into this same board.

I think the best part of the ESC/reciever is the labeling on the bottom, its "buttom".

Overall I am impressed with these, they seem like they are going to be more durable than the Mini-Z's.

pchan0
2006.12.07, 10:51 PM
Wow, this thing is FUN! I can't wait to change all the electronics to the AD band this weekend... :cool:

Breeze
2006.12.08, 12:16 PM
Got mine last night and raced it on the second charge. Used it with my M8. Works great. We had about 10 in the race - way too cool. Plenty fast enough out the box. Can't wait for oil shocks - a little bouncy, especially the rear. I added shock collars that I made out of some wire insullation to the rear to take care of the sag. I like it!!

Spoon
2006.12.08, 01:33 PM
Overall I am impressed with these, they seem like they are going to be more durable than the Mini-Z's.

Not sure about that...bnwhtlw can tell you...The Micro lost a fight with my AWD the other night. To be fair my AWD does have a little bit of alloy on it.

pinwc4
2006.12.08, 06:07 PM
Not sure about that...bnwhtlw can tell you...The Micro lost a fight with my AWD the other night. To be fair my AWD does have a little bit of alloy on it.

Now that I have ran it on my track I am sure that this is more durable than my Overland. My Overland never made it more than 2 laps on my RCP track with Imat jumps before something would fail (knuckles, shock towers, that ball joint for the lower suspension link, servo gears). I gave up on trying to do a course with jumps for it or having a class of racing for it.

This Micro-T though, it handled the course very well and I haven't broken anything yet. It does have weaknesses I can see that but I still think this is going to be our next racing class.

Btman
2006.12.08, 09:59 PM
I just picked up one of these today. A front steering link snapped in half after hitting a padded guardrail on my track. This seems to be a potential weak link so to speak on these. The steering links are made from thin flexible plastic. The link may have had a stress crack or other imperfection to cause its premature failure. I was able to make a new one from a piece of plastic coffee container top so it was not a big deal. The diff on mine seems a bit too tight. I want to break it in more before trying to adjust it. Overall, I think these are great cars that have a lots of potential. It is important that we as hobbiest show our support for groundbreaking products by buying them if we can afford to. I feel that that there are way too few options for true indoor home RC vehicles. If everyone waits for a good product to get better before buying one, it may not be around long.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.08, 10:36 PM
loosen the screws in the transmition it will free up mine was too tight also.

cowboysir
2006.12.08, 11:47 PM
I just picked up one of these today. A front steering link snapped in half after hitting a padded guardrail on my track. This seems to be a potential weak link so to speak on these. The steering links are made from thin flexible plastic. The link may have had a stress crack or other imperfection to cause its premature failure. I was able to make a new one from a piece of plastic coffee container top so it was not a big deal. The diff on mine seems a bit too tight. I want to break it in more before trying to adjust it. Overall, I think these are great cars that have a lots of potential. It is important that we as hobbiest show our support for groundbreaking products by buying them if we can afford to. I feel that that there are way too few options for true indoor home RC vehicles. If everyone waits for a good product to get better before buying one, it may not be around long.

I certainly agree with you Btman...showing support is the way micros like this get real exposure.

I've had a thought about reinforcing these tiny links and other possible high stress areas. I've had some success in the past with laying a light fibreglass weave impreged with a durable and flexible two part epoxy on some other parts I've wanted to strengthen so this might be another of these parts. I will be getting my truck next week but here's the general idea:

Lay out one side of part with epoxy soaked fibreglass.
Let cure and then remove excess material.
Repeat to second side if necessary(which i doubt).

All this is to just give it a bit more durability...we are not talking about a 40mph monster but something that'll take a few stronger hits than stock. ;)

Ninja
2006.12.08, 11:52 PM
hopefully I will be ordering mine next week :D

LBRC
2006.12.09, 05:50 AM
Amazing but the runtimes are a bit, well uninspiring, so I decided to play around with the batteries.

Q = So how do you extend the runtime of your Micro-T?
A = Simple easy answer A good ďDigital Peak Charger.Ē

No surprise just like with the Epoch and LIT a good hobby grade small cell compatible charger like the Triton will charge them faster with longer runtimes. At this point it looks like +5 minutes or more over the Micro-T charger, but will take a lot more cycles to get an accurate idea.

Then of course thereís ball bearings,
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album141/Bearings.jpg
definite increase in runtime, and less expensive than a good charger, but in the Micro-Tís case not an easy install. Those darn flying E-clips have got to go, I lost one taking them off and another putting them back on. Am willing to bet that many-many macho Micro-"T" for "tight" type mechanics will be having serious screw problems.

BTW the battery compartment flat head screws have machine threads while the other flat headís of the same size have course threads for plastic, the two are not interchangeable.

Ok a good charger and bearings make a big difference but that isnít enough is it? :rolleyes: saw that CBP is already selling Gold Peak 160 mAh AAA packs under a Micro-T heading, but thatís not much of an improvement for example if you're getting a 7 minute average runtime the added 10mA would only give you another 30 seconds or so. :(

I have some oversized 18mm 195mAh 1/3 AAA cells but unfortunately you canít fit 4 in the battery compartment so I was thinking of putting three in the compartment and one just behind the servo plug, I havenít built the split pack yet because even though they will only add 2 grams of weight for the additional 45mAh it will shift the center of gravity forward and up so I opted for trying the ever popular LiPo option first.

Not feeling particularly lucky after loosing two E-clips I decided to let someone else try two LiPoís in series and settled for the more practical two parallel E-Tec 210 cell option.
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album140/Playing_with_Batts.jpg
420 mAh with a 5 gram weight savings sweet, but slow, 3.7 volts just isnít near as exciting as the stock packs 4.8 volts, thatís right no more wheelies. Have a lot more testing to do but so far running it around in my little shop at least the circuit board reception seems to be ok at the lower voltage level, will know more and finish the split pack this weekend.

Ninja
2006.12.09, 10:32 AM
think you could use a tap and die set to put some threads on that axle shaft and use wheel nuts like on a mini-Z?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.09, 02:39 PM
Hi Guys if anyone has time to track down some cells for me the Jrx-Z battery compartment is 29mm x 43mm there is alittle fudge room for maybe 32mm wide cells I was thinking 3 li-poly stack.
i have finished the shock tower and front bulk head i just have to do the steering and she's ready to rock i also made sure the stock electronics are compatiable als you can mount a mini z board wired up to a real servo.

www.pro-z.com/jrx3.jpg

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.09, 02:41 PM
www.pro-z.com/jrxz3.jpg i forgotthe z in the above link

pchan0
2006.12.09, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys if anyone has time to track down some cells for me the Jrx-Z battery compartment is 29mm x 43mm there is alittle fudge room for maybe 32mm wide cells I was thinking 3 li-poly stack.
i have finished the shock tower and front bulk head i just have to do the steering and she's ready to rock i also made sure the stock electronics are compatiable als you can mount a mini z board wired up to a real servo.

www.pro-z.com/jrx3.jpg

Scott,

Are you making this chassis set for yourself or are you planning to put it to production?

Thanks.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.09, 05:43 PM
myself first but i will have a converstion forsale probaly monday

bnwhtlw
2006.12.09, 05:48 PM
Any guess how much you would be asking for one?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.09, 06:22 PM
for x mas $59.99 includes 4 cell 2/3 AAA 300 mAh battery pack chassi shock tower bulk head speedcontrol mount steering linkage for stock or aftermarket electronic gear

The mini z 130 motor plate will have to wait untill i track down the right spur gear

I also mounted up some oil shocks not as much travel but feels more like a racer

pchan0
2006.12.09, 06:40 PM
for x mas $59.99 includes 4 cell 2/3 AAA 300 mAh battery pack chassi shock tower bulk head speedcontrol mount steering linkage for stock or aftermarket electronic gear

The mini z 130 motor plate will have to wait untill i track down the right spur gear

I also mounted up some oil shocks not as much travel but feels more like a racer

Scott,

Your AOL.com email does not work. Please send me an mail. pchan0@mailcity.com

Back on topic, looks like if you want to run aftermarket electronics like SPY esc, spektrum micro and servo, you can use the Hitec HS50. Its a direct fit.

Hammer
2006.12.09, 06:46 PM

I also mounted up some oil shocks not as much travel but feels more like a racerI'd like to purchase one, how can I contact you?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.09, 07:12 PM
one other little gem i picked up on the mini t you can sawp the hex gear on the losi servo directly onto the hs-55 i hav not tried this on the micro but i assume you still can.

i just like the HS-65 for the 30 oz of torque

contact me sjakes20@aol.com or scott@pro-z.com

bnwhtlw
2006.12.09, 08:12 PM
I will want one of these from you after xmas, still gonna be making them then? Love to see a pic of the final thing all assembled?

stuZ
2006.12.10, 01:50 PM
Amazing but the runtimes are a bit, well uninspiring, so I decided to play around with the batteries.

Q = So how do you extend the runtime of your Micro-T?
A = Simple easy answer A good ďDigital Peak Charger.Ē

so, that inspired me to change out my plugs to deans finally (and I thought they'd be too bulky!!) and charged the batt on my dynamite prophet plus (I don't know if it is dgital, but it has peak prediction, so...) The runtimes are increased, and the punch lasts a bit longer.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album774/micro_t

stuZ
2006.12.10, 01:52 PM
I forgot to adda photo (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album774/micro_t)

LBRC
2006.12.10, 04:02 PM
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album140/195mAh_Split_Pack.jpgFinished the 195mAh 4 cell split pack, itís not bad with a solid +2 minutes runtime and noticeably more power.
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album140/Battery_Packs.jpg
With only one I still donít feel like pushing it and trying a 7.4volt LiPo yet, but I am doing a 5 cell 160 pack mounting the 5th cell behind the servo plug like the 195 4 cell pack.

Have ordered a new chassis and when it gets here I plan on removing the metal posts, gluing the battery compartment cover on and reinforcing the top section, then milling a battery hole through the side of the chassis like I did with the Epochís. With luck it will give me enough room for a 195 mAh 4 cell or split 195mAh 5 cell that is quick and easy to remove and replace.

Hammer
2006.12.10, 05:52 PM
First of all, given the amount of time I've had to run mine around, they are a lot of fun to drive with plenty of power stock. Heck, on a full charge if you punch the throttle this little car will do a torque roll and flip over.

Now for the down side. There does seem to be at least one weak part and that is the steering links. I finally had time to play with mine today and at the end of the second battery pack charge, so probably about 25 minutes of run time, I hit a piece of baseboard just right and snapped the left steering link. It's on the price list as part # LOSB1504 Steer & Camber Link/Saver Set for $3.99. These steering links are very thin, need to be very flexible and have strength in tension as well as compression because of the way the front suspension and steering is designed. It appears as though the material Team Loci used is pretty good in tension but not so good in compression. I was at the end of my second battery pack charge so I wasn't even going that fast and I caught an outside corner of baseboard with a glancing blow. I just happened to catch the inside edge of the left front tire putting the left front steering link in sudden compression and it snapped.

I'm not a thrasher and I've been driving these small cars for a few years. I think I only came into contact with something maybe 7 or 8 times in the 25 minutes of drive time I was able to enjoy before tragedy would strike. I'd think Team Loci would include a few extra steering links with the RTR package as a precaution, given how fragile they can be.

I'm not giving up on this platform, it's too much fun. I just hope replacement parts are available, time to contact Team Loci!

Regarding charging the battery pack, I only used my Piranha Digital Peak Charger with the "charging current" set on .5 amp and the "delta peak" setting at 3mV/C. The charge time was about 15 minutes and on the second cycle the pack charged to 132 mAh. I'm sure the capacity will increase with a few more cycles. Run time probably 10 to 12 minutes.

Here's a pic of the steering links, the broken one is on the right.

arch2b
2006.12.10, 05:58 PM
on the up side to the weak steering linkage problem, its a very cheap fix. there are plenty of threads on this on nearly every forum with a micro-t topic. anything from lexan to zip ties.... it's obvious your much better off making a handful of your own from 'found' material rather than buying stock replacements.

Hammer
2006.12.10, 06:31 PM
on the up side to the weak steering linkage problem, its a very cheap fix. there are plenty of threads on this on nearly every forum with a micro-t topic. anything from lexan to zip ties.... it's obvious your much better off making a handful of your own from 'found' material rather than buying stock replacements.I agree, that's why I'm still so excited about this platform. I've already started making a replacement out of some lexan I had laying around, I'm just not sure if it will be stiff enough in compression. Maybe if I laminate two layers together.

I was intending to contact Team Loci to give them feedback regarding their product. I'm sure there are many people who have purchased the Micro-T as Christmas presents that would have absolutely no idea how to build a replacement steering link on Christmas day, if they had the same experience as I had.

Ninja
2006.12.10, 11:29 PM
I think that the Zip Tie idea is great, but are they stiff enough? and they are available in many different colors :D

Btman
2006.12.11, 12:30 AM
I have had very good results (so far) with the steering link I made from the black plastic top of a plastic coffee container. It is slighty thicker than the stock link and seems durable enough. It may be easier to put the necessary holes in the material you use before cutting it to the proper size. So far, my stock left steering link is holding up, but I will replace it anyway. Remember to not overtighten the link screws.

cowboysir
2006.12.11, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure(since I don't have my T yet) but theoretically you could tune the bump steer by using various thickness' of zip tie...I think it's one of the smarter fixes I've seen done so far.

pchan0
2006.12.11, 10:55 AM
Heres mine so far, waiting for the spektrum micro and SPY esc.

Breeze
2006.12.11, 11:31 AM
I made new steering links out of 2 liter bottle material. Works Great!

Hammer
2006.12.11, 05:04 PM
I found some thicker lexan, excess left over from a Mini-Inferno Crowd Pleazer body, that is exactly the same thickness as the stock steering links. Made a couple of new ones last night, took me about 30 minutes works great and should be very durable. I'm going to make another set tonight spending a little more time cleaning up the rough edges and give them a couple of coats of paint in a nice contrasting color of course.

Here's a pic of the steering links I made last night.

Hammer
2006.12.11, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately, no edit. I was trying to add a pic that illustrates the thickness of the lexan steering links I installed last night. Here's the pic.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.12, 03:50 PM
little update on the Jrx-Z

i added 9 different camber link positions 6 different front shock positions 6 different steering link positions 300 mAh battery i also managed to fit in 4 AAA 1000 cells, You can use either the stock electronics or aftermarket spy HS-65 micro RX, requires a new body mount 5mm back further on the rear uses the stock hole on the front of the body.

BostonRacer
2006.12.12, 04:28 PM
there hasnt ben much complaining about these so far, only a few.

Ninja
2006.12.12, 11:04 PM
hey Pro-Z, got any pics of the modified chassis?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.12, 11:40 PM
http://www.pro-z.com/jrxz/

CristianTabush
2006.12.13, 12:22 AM
Scott, I only see one thing that I don't like about that beautiful chassis. Choice for batteries. The whole reason why this little truck burns is due to it being so light. How much over 100g does it go with the 300mah and 1000mah batteries does it go?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.13, 12:31 AM
just weighed it up not sure what stock weight is but with 2/3
AAA 108 grams AAA 125 grams thats also missing 2 body clips and motor wire also with stock electronics.

cowboysir
2006.12.13, 07:34 AM
Stock weight is 102 grams...just checked mine for you. ;)

CristianTabush
2006.12.13, 11:06 AM
That's pretty impressive!!! I like!

jaejw1
2006.12.13, 01:03 PM
i am using a 7.4v lipo in mine,, and i cant say that it is bad or good,, but i am using the largest pinion.. but what i have noticed though... the kans 160mah has more punch with the larger pinion than the lipo does.. at least with the kans i can make it wheelie on hardwood floor.. but i did notice that with the lipo.. it wants to keep geting faster the farther i drive it.. i may have to switch to the medium pinion to take advantage of the lipo...

pinoyboy
2006.12.13, 01:22 PM
Has anyone got a pic of the micro-t side by side with the mini z motor?

rlc77
2006.12.13, 01:26 PM
Has anyone got a pic of the micro-t side by side with the mini z motor?
One of pro z's pics shows a mini z motor mounted.

http://www.pro-z.com/jrxz2.jpg

Hammer
2006.12.13, 05:15 PM
I've been experimenting with charger settings for the stock battery pack and it seems as though with an obvious battery capacity of 150mAh and charging at 0.4 amps (400mA) with a delta peak setting of 3mV/C works best. This setting generates a consistent peak charge of 150mAh, taking between 18 and 24 minutes. This will produce a solid 9 minutes of good hard running time, not to bad for the stock setup. ;)

arch2b
2006.12.13, 05:25 PM
One of pro z's pics shows a mini z motor mounted.

http://www.pro-z.com/jrxz2.jpg
i really like the way this one looks. has pro-z described the run time for this cell arrangement?

rkk
2006.12.14, 02:54 AM
I've been experimenting with charger settings for the stock battery pack and it seems as though with an obvious battery capacity of 150mAh and charging at 0.4 amps (400mA) with a delta peak setting of 3mV/C works best. This setting generates a consistent peak charge of 150mAh, taking between 18 and 24 minutes. This will produce a solid 9 minutes of good hard running time, not to bad for the stock setup. ;)
great post very useful

stuZ
2006.12.14, 02:27 PM

just curious, are you going to get enough throw with the servo so close to the steering rack?

dhoyda
2006.12.14, 03:48 PM
How much is the JRXZ kit?

Could it be delived by christmas?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.14, 03:58 PM
i have more throw than stock. i squeeked a little more steering out of it with the adjustable ackerman and more throw.

Basicly tried to do more of everything than the stock car. More travel more steering bigger battery and a buggy body fit.

It looks like i'll have about 20 or so ready for x mas I am not set on price these prototypes are getting expensive.

I will post it on pro-z X mas deliveries have to be done by the 18th

rlc77
2006.12.14, 05:00 PM
I got my Micro T today. Man was I looking forward to playing with it. I installed the batts.,charged it up and turned it on. It sprang to life just as I expected. I sat it on the floor, pulled the trigger and the front wheels came off the ground. Yippee!!!!!!! What Fun!!!!!!!!! Well......after the front wheels hit the ground, this little jewel went a total of another 2 feet and dropped dead. :confused: That was it. :( Not another move has it made. No steering or motor. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there will be comparisons to sex on this one.... All over in a few seconds.... :D Anyway, I've emailed my seller. We'll see how hard it's gonna be to get this corrected.

arch2b
2006.12.14, 05:03 PM
I got my Micro T today. Man was I looking forward to playing with it. I installed the batts.,charged it up and turned it on. It sprang to life just as I expected. I sat it on the floor, pulled the trigger and the front wheels came off the ground. Yippee!!!!!!! What Fun!!!!!!!!! Well......after the front wheels hit the ground, this little jewel went a total of another 2 feet and dropped dead. :confused: That was it. :( Not another move has it made. No steering or motor. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there will be comparisons to sex on this one.... All over in a few seconds.... :D Anyway, I've emailed my seller. We'll see how hard it's gonna be to get this corrected.
that sucks. i only hope you are properly taken care of.

Hammer
2006.12.14, 05:18 PM
I got my Micro T today. Man was I looking forward to playing with it. I installed the batts.,charged it up and turned it on. It sprang to life just as I expected. I sat it on the floor, pulled the trigger and the front wheels came off the ground. Yippee!!!!!!! What Fun!!!!!!!!! Well......after the front wheels hit the ground, this little jewel went a total of another 2 feet and dropped dead. :confused: That was it. :( Not another move has it made. No steering or motor. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there will be comparisons to sex on this one.... All over in a few seconds.... :D Anyway, I've emailed my seller. We'll see how hard it's gonna be to get this corrected.Have you checked all of the electrical connections? Possibly one may not be properly seated. The wiring on mine was a bit tangled up when I received it.

rlc77
2006.12.14, 05:21 PM
Have you checked all of the electrical connections? Possibly one may not be properly seated. The wiring on mine was a bit tangled up when I received it.
I've checked all the external connectors, but being brand new outta the box, I don't want to open it up and possibly void any warranty I might have on it. I'll save tearing into one until I know it works, but then I'm going in. :)

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.14, 05:39 PM
i have 2 and at first they are pretty short on run time but the problem was that it was all bound up I redid the gear mesh lossened the screws on the tranny case made sure every everything was free spinning. Also the first cycle on the pack always suck on any kind of car. run it a few times it will get better.

El Tigre
2006.12.14, 07:44 PM
Mine was the same way, it was all bound up, just a little tweaking with the mesh is all it needs. Hey Scott, you got any of the newest Pro-Z available? That new design is by far the best to date.

builthatch
2006.12.14, 11:10 PM
i have 2 and at first they are pretty short on run time but the problem was that it was all bound up I redid the gear mesh lossened the screws on the tranny case made sure every everything was free spinning. Also the first cycle on the pack always suck on any kind of car. run it a few times it will get better.

yeah, reports are everywhere that the tranny is severly bound out of the box. with a little massaging such as what you've done, i hear things improve greatly.

builthatch
2006.12.14, 11:17 PM
yeah, reports are everywhere that the tranny is severly bound out of the box. with a little massaging such as what you've done, i hear things improve greatly.

hey, pro-z, what are your plans for an esc with that thing? sorry if i missed that-

builthatch
2006.12.14, 11:23 PM
hey, pro-z, what are your plans for an esc with that thing? sorry if i missed that-

omg, i cant stand not having edit!

for anyone who cares, this might appeal to someone looking for an esc for these trucks-

i am selling a brand new unused xmc180 esc, pictured here-

http://img.clubphoto.com/jerboa/179179506/512/null/image.jpg

FYI, the motor next to it is 180 sized and of course the penny helps give an impression of size.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.15, 04:22 AM
posted some new pics of the truck

ESC anything you want to but it will mount a Stock board and a Kyosho board or aftermarket like a spy or robotronic i also added a body mount for a buggy body. Kyosho board and buggy will be killer.

Also notice no screws to get the batteries out only a body clip.

http://www.pro-z.com/jrxz/jrxzblack1.jpg

Hi El Tigre whats going on New track opening day at MnM hobbies this weekend. Shoot me an email.

Draconious
2006.12.15, 07:08 AM
that the esc with or with out reverse?

$?

builthatch
2006.12.15, 08:32 AM
that the esc with or with out reverse?

$?

drac, here is a link for it...it does indeed have reverse.

http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/products/proddesc.php?prod_id=764&crt=5807a685d1a9ab3b599035bc566ce2b9&kategoria=744&catName=XRAY%20XMC180%20Micro%20Speed%20Controller %20180%20with%20Reverse

i'd am asking 30 shipped...stormer sells it for 42.95 plus ship.

BostonRacer
2006.12.15, 11:06 AM
Damn, thats looking nice..

where in Souther NH do you guys run? in Lee? you guys know anything closer to Boston area?

chuckyluv
2006.12.16, 03:45 PM
donor body is a 1/32 slot car with minor trimming and 2 screw holes for mounting.

stuZ
2006.12.16, 04:11 PM
donor body is a 1/32 slot car with minor trimming and 2 screw holes for mounting.

sweet! micro-baja! ;-)

builthatch
2006.12.16, 05:15 PM
sweet! micro-baja! ;-)

haha, that's funny, someone was just asking about that on rczone. nice work chuck.

ChrisJuliano12
2006.12.16, 09:19 PM
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5102985/tm.htm

there you go

arch2b
2006.12.17, 06:50 PM
chucky never ceases to amaze me :p one of the most creative people i know;)

can you email me how to get one of those?

chuckyluv
2006.12.17, 08:42 PM
thanks arch>>> but there is more.. here is the most recent find. these come 2 for 1 at $5....i was anxious to get the jeep on the micro t. cutting out the windows cuts a little weight but also gives the shocks chance to work. i am making collars to give added stiffness and will go to heavier spring if needed. i am sending you both a jeep and the uplander ) :)

Hammer
2006.12.17, 09:13 PM
Great find! I'm just curious as to how the added body weight affects chassis dynamics. How does the car preform when running around corners, over bumps and such with these bodies installed?

GoFaster
2006.12.18, 01:50 PM
that's interesting for sure

chuckyluv
2006.12.19, 07:09 PM
ATV Micro T

source= discount store
cost = $10 included trailer and dodge ram (fits xmod,mini z monster )
install = wood burnig iron and dremel to remove excess plastic.

rlc77
2006.12.19, 07:24 PM
That's just too cool.....Good job...... :D

Hammer
2006.12.19, 07:25 PM
Oh man that's hilarious, I love it. Keep the innovations coming. :D

Fovea3d
2006.12.20, 08:09 AM
1/43 scale kit that was previously fitted on a Epoch
Chevy1 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061215Austerlitzmicro-t/07.jpg)
Chevy2 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061215Austerlitzmicro-t/08.jpg)
Chevy3 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061215Austerlitzmicro-t/09.jpg)
Chevy4 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061215Austerlitzmicro-t/10.jpg)

bnwhtlw
2006.12.20, 12:58 PM
Has anyone figured out how much juice this board can handle?

marc
2006.12.20, 09:57 PM
Ok, here is my custom Micro-T. This is done with a 1/32 scale slot car Mini Cooper. As I like to call it, my MONSTER COOPER!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC05368.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC05369.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC05370.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC05371.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC05373.jpg
Simple to do really. Just trimmed the rear wheel well's to fit the suspension travel, rear bumper to fit over motor, and stuck it on with velcro. Peace of cake!

bnwhtlw
2006.12.20, 11:28 PM
That looks AWESOME...what brand of slot car is that? I might have to do the same thing as the stock micro T body is yugly.

To answer my own question from before...the box says 4.8v to 7.2v on the pictured esc. I have some 7.2 800mha Lipos from my heli...wonder if I could make them fit. Anyone know if this is a bad idea?

marc
2006.12.21, 10:13 AM
Thanks, I honestly don't remember what brand the slot car was. I think it was ScaleTrx, or something like that. I've had that slot car for a while so i don't recall. Sorry. I do prefer it over stock body, looks cool while running.

arch2b
2006.12.21, 10:39 AM
i can not find any ralley cooper slot bodies for less than 30-40 bucks and as much as i like it, i'm not spending that kind of money on a body for a micro-t.
i do like it better than stock too. even chuckyluvs bettle looks better than stock

marc
2006.12.21, 12:15 PM
I think I only paid 25 bucks for mine at my local hobby store. I honestly dont' remember, it was a while back. I've been talking to Scott at Pro.Z and he said he's working on some bodies for the Micro-T including a buggy and a truck. I'll see if he can do a Beetle. I like Chucky's beetle also, I'd like to know where he got that body from. One thing I noticed when I raced the car at the RCP track, is the aftermarket body seemed to make it a tad top heavy. Our track had a bridge added to it, and when the Micro-T went over the bridge it would roll over if you go to fast. Have not tried it with the stock body.
I definetly can't wait for the aluminum hop-ups to be available for the Micro-T. As delicate as this little car is, it definetly needs it. I've already broken the steering linkages, or "tie-rods" as I'm sure everyone else has, and I've broken one knuckle. I suspect a carbon-fiber tie-rod might work, but it might be too stiff as well. Let's see what GPM does for the car. They did tell me their working on it!

marc
2006.12.21, 12:23 PM
Oh yea, I was also thinking of adding a light kit to my Monster Cooper. Probably try and find one for the Epoch's. What does everyone else think? What would be the best headlight/taillight kit to add to it?

marc
2006.12.21, 01:08 PM
This is what Scott from Pro-Z is working on for the Micro-T.
Check it out, looks pretty sweet. Imagine this with red alloy, custom wheels, and light kit on my Mini Cooper.

bluegrooveracer
2006.12.21, 10:07 PM
i just finished the micro bg2 buggy conversion
http://www.one18th.com/6093Gallery.htm
info here
http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43116

bnwhtlw
2006.12.21, 10:14 PM
I have an issue with my micro...I think I am running the slipper too tight, now my diff feels really rough. Anyway...the problem is, sometimes the motor will just stop working...if I unplug it from the esc and plug it straight into the battery it runs well enough.

The motor isnt trying to do anything at all when its plugged into the esc. The whole thing seems to run tight...as soon as I let off the juice it slows VERY quickly...anyone else exp anything like this?

Ninja
2006.12.21, 10:49 PM
sounds like binding in the rear casing or gear mesh.

LBRC
2006.12.21, 11:09 PM
As long as the stop washer is assembled correctly the slipper wonít affect your differential at all, the problem is that the manual diagram doesnít show all the slipper parts. When you tighten and loosen the slipper the only thing that should happen is that the spur gear slips or not on the transmission shaft. The stop washer hole is the same shape as the flattened front part of the transmission shaft so that it canít slide past the flat part of the shaft preventing the slipper from pressing against the brass bushing and transmission.

The diff will feel bumpy as you turn the wheels and the car will slow quickly when you let off the throttle because of the gearing, there are five gears between the motor and the wheels, not counting the ones inside the differential.

Possibilities from a post over at Ripper to help with cars that don't do wheelies but most should apply. From your description my best guess is that your battery pack isnít fully charged.

#1 Binding Transmission
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album144/motor_case_tight.jpg
Fix: Back off the three screws holding the two halves together a turn or so.

#2 Pinion Rub
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album144/Pinion_Rub.jpg
Fix: Push the pinion on far enough so that it doesnít rub against the slipper clutch cover, or file some of the back off.

#3 Motor Problems
Fix: Aside from replacing the motor altogether it depends upon the specific motor and problem. For example in this motor
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album144/Problem.jpg
the magnet spring retainer was bent out slightly so that it rubbed against the rotor. Once straightened out the car happily pulled wheelies on demand.

#4 Incorrectly Assembled Slipper Clutch
Fix: Insure that the stop washer is preventing the clutch from pressing against the transmission housing. The problem is that the parts manual diagram does not show a correctly assembled slipper with all of the pieces.

5# Binding Drive Train
Fix: Depends on the problem, if its sticking there is usually a reason. For example; check for hair, lint, or grass inside the wheel wheels and rapped around the axle, especially the rear. Unfortunately you may have to take of the E-clips to check it and clean it.

6# Bad FET
Fix: New FETs or new circuit board. Because the Micro-T uses two dual P+N channel mosfets for each side of the H-bridge motor driver hooked up in parallel, like a Mini-Z with a 2x2 turbo, one mosfet can be bad and the car will still run. The bad news is that there isnít any easy way to tell which of the four might be bad. The good news is that you can actually run the car on only two. Now the really bad news; because of the lead free solder and its higher melting temperature it is very difficult to replace the mosfets without damaging the pads.

7# Batteries
Fix: Charge and/or replace the appropriate batteries. Obviously when the charger batteries are low the car battís wonít be fully charged, but there can and are other problems/causes. Small battery packs are easily damaged by overcharging. If the batteries get too hot too often it doesnít take long before they wonít hold a charge, so donít try repeatedly charging them with the stock charger in an attempt to increase the runtime, and when using aftermarket chargers test the charge cycle setting with the batteries out of the car so you can see how hot they are getting. Additionally like the manual and warning slip says donít leave the on/off switch ďonĒ NiMH cells should never be fully discharged, however accidents happen so if you do by repeating a charge Ė discharge cycle over and over you can usually coax the batteries back into some semblance of health, BTW this is much easier with a good hobby grade digital peak charger like the Ice or Triton.

#8 Broken Antenna
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album144/Antenna.jpg
Fix: Replace the antenna. If the range is down to 30 or 40 feet there is a good chance that the antenna wire is broken where it comes out of the chassis. The antenna has a string core so you may not notice that the internal conductor has broken and if you're running the car inside you may not notice the range issue at all only that the throttle response is a bit slow.

#9 Pinion gear mesh too tight.
Fix: Back pinion off , loosen the screws and run a folded over piece of paper between the pinion and spur gear.

#10 More?

builthatch
2006.12.21, 11:48 PM
can someone measure the box the micro T came in? L X W X H?

thanks!

LBRC
2006.12.21, 11:52 PM
8 5/8Ē x 8 2/8Ē x 6 9/8Ē

LBRC
2006.12.22, 03:32 AM
Woops sorry wrong box that was the Mini-Z Lit, but they're about the same size.

builthatch
2006.12.22, 08:48 AM
Woops sorry wrong box that was the Mini-Z Lit, but they're about the same size.

haha, thanks! around my house rc cars are called toys, and i've been told that i got a toy in one of my presents under the tree...im trying to figure out what it is...

27 and i still am up to these shenanigans! the box is 11 X 8.5X 5, so it's pretty small.

Hammer
2006.12.22, 08:59 AM
haha, thanks! around my house rc cars are called toys, and i've been told that i got a toy in one of my presents under the tree...im trying to figure out what it is...

27 and i still am up to these shenanigans! the box is 11 X 8.5X 5, so it's pretty small.The Micro-T box measures 9"L x 6 3/4"W x 8 3/4"H. ;)

marc
2006.12.22, 01:26 PM
i just finished the micro bg2 buggy conversion
http://www.one18th.com/6093Gallery.htm
info here
http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43116

Where did you get that body from? Looks a tad bigger than Micro-T. Same chassis?

marc
2006.12.22, 01:27 PM
I'd like to get the Fiat body that comes with the Mini-Z Lit and put that on the Micro-T! I think it's the same size. What do you all think?

arch2b
2006.12.22, 01:36 PM
what do the lit bodies run? since they are 1/27-ish, they may be too big even though they are tiny cars. we would have to see someone try to find out, maybe lbrc;)

marc
2006.12.22, 01:51 PM
I've discovered the Lit bodies cost the same as the other AutoScale bodies.

marc
2006.12.22, 01:52 PM
I'll have a go at it if I can get my hands on one. I'll check my local hobby store.

arch2b
2006.12.22, 02:05 PM
i have a 1/32 citroen i would love to try out. i am just waiting on a pending sale/trade to pick up the micro-t

marc
2006.12.22, 02:07 PM
Hey, isn't that the Citroen Xara that's on your CRT? I'd like to have that if possible. Let me know, thanks!

Hammer
2006.12.22, 10:06 PM
As long as the stop washer is assembled correctly the slipper wonít affect your differential at all, the problem is that the manual diagram doesnít show all the slipper parts. When you tighten and loosen the slipper the only thing that should happen is that the spur gear slips or not on the transmission shaft. The stop washer hole is the same shape as the flattened front part of the transmission shaft so that it canít slide past the flat part of the shaft preventing the slipper from pressing against the brass bushing and transmission.

The diff will feel bumpy as you turn the wheels and the car will slow quickly when you let off the throttle because of the gearing, there are five gears between the motor and the wheels, not counting the ones inside the differential.

Possibilities from a post over at Ripper to help with cars that don't do wheelies but most should apply. From your description my best guess is that your battery pack isnít fully charged.

#1 Binding Transmission
Fix: Back off the three screws holding the two halves together a turn or so.

#2 Pinion Rub
Fix: Push the pinion on far enough so that it doesnít rub against the slipper clutch cover, or file some of the back off.

#3 Motor Problems
Fix: Aside from replacing the motor altogether it depends upon the specific motor and problem. For example in this motor the magnet spring retainer was bent out slightly so that it rubbed against the rotor. Once straightened out the car happily pulled wheelies on demand.

#4 Incorrectly Assembled Slipper Clutch
Fix: Insure that the stop washer is preventing the clutch from pressing against the transmission housing. The problem is that the parts manual diagram does not show a correctly assembled slipper with all of the pieces.

5# Binding Drive Train
Fix: Depends on the problem, if its sticking there is usually a reason. For example; check for hair, lint, or grass inside the wheel wheels and rapped around the axle, especially the rear. Unfortunately you may have to take of the E-clips to check it and clean it.

6# Bad FET
Fix: New FETs or new circuit board. Because the Micro-T uses two dual P+N channel mosfets for each side of the H-bridge motor driver hooked up in parallel, like a Mini-Z with a 2x2 turbo, one mosfet can be bad and the car will still run. The bad news is that there isnít any easy way to tell which of the four might be bad. The good news is that you can actually run the car on only two. Now the really bad news; because of the lead free solder and its higher melting temperature it is very difficult to replace the mosfets without damaging the pads.

7# Batteries
Fix: Charge and/or replace the appropriate batteries. Obviously when the charger batteries are low the car battís wonít be fully charged, but there can and are other problems/causes. Small battery packs are easily damaged by overcharging. If the batteries get too hot too often it doesnít take long before they wonít hold a charge, so donít try repeatedly charging them with the stock charger in an attempt to increase the runtime, and when using aftermarket chargers test the charge cycle setting with the batteries out of the car so you can see how hot they are getting. Additionally like the manual and warning slip says donít leave the on/off switch ďonĒ NiMH cells should never be fully discharged, however accidents happen so if you do by repeating a charge Ė discharge cycle over and over you can usually coax the batteries back into some semblance of health, BTW this is much easier with a good hobby grade digital peak charger like the Ice or Triton.

#8 Broken Antenna
Fix: Replace the antenna. If the range is down to 30 or 40 feet there is a good chance that the antenna wire is broken where it comes out of the chassis. The antenna has a string core so you may not notice that the internal conductor has broken and if you're running the car inside you may not notice the range issue at all only that the throttle response is a bit slow.

#9 Pinion gear mesh too tight.
Fix: Back pinion off , loosen the screws and run a folded over piece of paper between the pinion and spur gear.

#10 More?Excellent post! Great information regarding problems and solutions for the Micro-T. :D

monkey19
2006.12.22, 10:16 PM
I could not hold out... i just picked up my micro t today at my LHS. Just charged up the bats and flying around my living room now!

bnwhtlw
2006.12.22, 11:08 PM
Excellent post! Great information regarding problems and solutions for the Micro-T. :D

Ditto, I backed off on the 3 screws on the tranny and it seems to have helped a great deal in the smoothness of my micro. Thanx so much!

Fovea3d
2006.12.22, 11:12 PM
I'd like to get the Fiat body that comes with the Mini-Z Lit and put that on the Micro-T! I think it's the same size. What do you all think?
That would be cool :D Only you would need to cut to give clearance to the motor. But I am not going to cut mine :eek: Should look perfect when sitting lower on the chassis :)
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/02.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/03.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/04.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/05.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/06.jpg

Fovea3d
2006.12.22, 11:24 PM
I have found out that if you put only one drop of oil behind the outdrives where the bushings are, your motor will gain 1000 or 2000 turns immediately. I did it and did on a friends car this evening. He was amazed by the difference. His car did not pull wheelies before, now it does :D

LBRC
2006.12.23, 12:11 AM
Sort of like this one, sorry for the size I only had the thumbnail.

marc
2006.12.23, 09:25 AM
That would be cool :D Only you would need to cut to give clearance to the motor. But I am not going to cut mine :eek: Should look perfect when sitting lower on the chassis :)
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/02.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/03.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/04.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/05.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/061223Micro-Lit/06.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the post. I think I'll just stick with my Mini Cooper.
That Fiat looks like it'll need a bit more trimming. Is the Fiat wide enough to fit over the chassis? I know the Cooper is.

chuckyluv
2006.12.24, 12:55 PM
My newest micro t body this was in a pit box for a epoch but the micro has come out and is a blast to drive>>>>>

marc
2006.12.24, 05:14 PM
Cool bodies Chucky. It's great to see some custom work on these micro-wonders! Let's keep it up guy's! I want to see more custom work! Oh, FYI, ********** is making an aftermarket chassis kit for the Micro-T, and they need help coming up with a name for it. Go to their web site and check it out!

marc
2006.12.24, 05:15 PM
Sorry, that was A T O M I C M O D S. C O M that has the aftermarket chassis kit.

marc
2006.12.24, 05:16 PM
http://**********.com/
to view chassis. Look for new products.

marc
2006.12.24, 05:17 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, why can't we add link's here to other stores?!?

monkey19
2006.12.24, 07:18 PM
got two quick questions....

How many charges can i expect out of the charger before replacing the batteries?

What should run times be like? I am not getting that much out of a charged pack?

thanks!

bnwhtlw
2006.12.24, 08:33 PM
Mine has increased and Im getting about 10 to 15 minutes...15 with brand new batts in the charger. This little thing is mega fun...Need to stiffen up the rear shocks some and Im going to fashion a new body cuz Ive always hated the stadium truck style.

monkey19
2006.12.24, 08:45 PM
yup, the rear is real mushy on mine as well and i am still playing with the spur/pinion mesh.

marc
2006.12.24, 09:50 PM
Get the ball bearing upgrade kit. It will help increase the motor's life time by reducing the friction on the rotating parts. Thus will make the batteries I think last longer as the car is more efficient. Won't know how long the battery will last till I've ran it out. My car has been perfect and the ball bearings made it better. I definetly can't wait till the aluminum upgrades become available. As delicate as the car is, it deffinetly needs alloy parts.

glenbo
2006.12.24, 09:53 PM
mrc makes a bunch of bodys in 1/32

Battery-Operated Roadrace - 1/32 - 1/43 Scale < tower

wild willys and hornet ect.

BostonRacer
2006.12.25, 04:56 PM
Just orderd mine today from online.....

Should be intresting end of the week..lol

kaz
2006.12.26, 02:18 PM
I put down some paint on my Micro-T today, couldn't stand the RTR body.

http://home.no/kazi/microt/unlackedo.jpg
http://home.no/kazi/microt/dekal.jpg
http://home.no/kazi/microt/lackedo3.jpg

monkey19
2006.12.26, 02:43 PM
lokks good KAZ, was the old paint hard to strip off?

kaz
2006.12.26, 02:50 PM
na, just let the body rest in a bowl of alchohol for some hours and it's perfectly clean.

marc
2006.12.26, 03:13 PM
Cool thanks for the tip! Is that a longer range antanna? Looks stiffer than the stock one. Can you explain please? Great jog on the paint by the way. I've been told that clear bodies are coming out soon so we can do custom paint jobs on it.

marc
2006.12.26, 03:15 PM
Oh, about the alchohol, I gather then it doesn't hurt the plastic? Doesn't look like it from the photo. Any tricks for saving the original decals?

marc
2006.12.26, 03:16 PM
This question is for arch, you think the Dakar Rally bodies from the 1/32 scale slot cars will fit the Micro-T? I think you had some for the CRT didnt' you?

marc
2006.12.26, 03:18 PM
I put down some paint on my Micro-T today, couldn't stand the RTR body.

http://home.no/kazi/microt/unlackedo.jpg
http://home.no/kazi/microt/dekal.jpg
http://home.no/kazi/microt/lackedo3.jpg

I just pealed off the lower decals on mine for a clean look.

marc
2006.12.26, 03:23 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC05326.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC05327.jpg
Here's mine before I put the custom body on it. Went back to the stock body as I found the Mini Cooper a tad top heavy during racing.

kaz
2006.12.26, 03:41 PM
Cool thanks for the tip! Is that a longer range antanna? Looks stiffer than the stock one. Can you explain please? Great jog on the paint by the way. I've been told that clear bodies are coming out soon so we can do custom paint jobs on it.

My original antenna lost some of it insulation and the car started glitching like mad, so i resoldered the antenna with some new wire and hooked it up to an Atomic mini-z antenna. Just had to drill a little hole in the plastic cover to let the wire through.

It works exactly like a mini-z antenna now.

And it doesnt look like it hurt the plastic in any way, and i know many who has done the same thing on 1:18 losi RTR bodies.

marc
2006.12.26, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the info. Does the antanna cause any problems when the car tips over?

kaz
2006.12.26, 04:03 PM
if anything it acts like a rollover antenna and flips the car back on its wheels.
http://home.no/kazi/microt/antennfix.jpg

i also took some springs from a ballpoint pen that were stiffer then the stock ones, i cut them to length so the truck would have it's arms level:
http://home.no/kazi/microt/microt2.jpg
http://home.no/kazi/microt/microt4.jpg

and here is is crawling my mini-z:
http://home.no/kazi/microt/microtminiz.jpg

marc
2006.12.26, 04:30 PM
na, just let the body rest in a bowl of alchohol for some hours and it's perfectly clean.

Forgot to ask about the alchohol. What percent if any solution do you use? Meaning is it 100% alchohol for cleaning, is it mixed with water, is it rubbing alchohol, what?