PDA

View Full Version : Chrome bodied Monster?

madf1man
2006.10.30, 11:13 PM
Whats the story on these? More rare, more expensive anything special bout em.

briankstan
2006.10.31, 09:11 AM
the chrome bodied monster is the 40th anniversary edition. the RTR comes with X-speed, Oil shocks, Bearings, and of course the chrome body.

they are a bit more expensive, but are becoming harder to find.

monkey19
2006.10.31, 02:13 PM
the chrome bodied monster is the 40th anniversary edition. the RTR comes with X-speed, Oil shocks, Bearings, and of course the chrome body.

they are a bit more expensive, but are becoming harder to find.

what is it actually the 40th anniversary of?

briankstan
2006.10.31, 02:38 PM
what is it actually the 40th anniversary of?

not sure, that's just what it is marketed as. Maybe 40th for Kyosho??

here is the compete list of what it comes with

Kyosho 40th Anniversary Limited Edition, chrome silver body
This special edition includes:
MMW01 Ball Bearing Set,
MVW02 Spring Set,
MVW05/06 Oil Shock Set (Front/Rear),
MZW8V X-Speed Mini-Z Motor V,
MZW13BL Color Nylon Nut (Blue),
MMF05CM Chrome Coated Accessorie Parts

TamiyaBF
2006.11.03, 06:55 PM
40th yeah of Kyosho

The 40th MZM is a pretty badass little truck , comes with all the upgrades you need , put some kyosho chrome accessories for effect and its a wicked little stock truck.

marc
2007.01.28, 11:36 AM
I think I saw one on ebay a few weeks back! Dang, I didn't know it came with all that stuff. I thought it was just a chromed body. Here it is, hope link works.
**please post the item number and not a link.**

Just type in ebay. in the blank.

carfreak_22
2007.01.28, 12:04 PM
I really recomend picking one up if you have the chance. Its a great little truck with all the most necessary upgrades already included. Heres a pic of mine.....

marc
2007.01.28, 12:45 PM
I would, but I just spent my allowance on two AutoScale Collection bodies for the start of my collection build-up.
Also, there is no buy it now option and I'm sure the auction will go pretty high. I bet I can find another one soon.

marc
2007.01.28, 12:46 PM
I really recomend picking one up if you have the chance. Its a great little truck with all the most necessary upgrades already included. Heres a pic of mine.....

MMMM, nice. Kind of looks stealthy with the chrome reflecting the grass.

arch2b
2007.01.28, 05:02 PM
nice picture, really shows off the body well with all the reflection

bnwhtlw
2007.01.28, 05:22 PM
I have the hardest time keeping the body shiney...it finger prints quite easily.

big green
2007.02.02, 10:01 AM
I have one and I love it. The body has a pretty thick layer of chrome on it. I figured this was th only one I was interested as the Mad Dog SE3 (which this is) comes with a fugly body and the autoscale ones cost about $50 shipped so it is actually a good deal IMO. There is actually one on Ebay right now....

marc
2007.02.02, 12:36 PM
Yes I have seen the one on ebay. I'd love to get it but don't have the funds for it now. Unless somebody purchases my Tamiya Tamtech.
And about fingerprints, dont touch it! LOL!, Or, you can use the HOYA glass cleaners that come with some perscription glasses and some sunglasses. This is the only cloth that I use to clean my bodies with. Well, not MY body, my Mini-Z bodies! HA! Pretty small towel.....................Oh yea, and Kyosho sais not to use soap and water to wash the bodies, just a good clean cloth like the one I suggested does pretty well. If it's safe enough for glasses, it's safe enough for your AutoScales.

carfreak_22
2007.02.02, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I agree with big green.... Some say the body is tacky. But I don't care what anyone says, it's done real well and looks very shiny :) .

Don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but if you are looking for just the body, I could part with mine

big green
2007.02.02, 07:30 PM
Yes I have seen the one on ebay. I'd love to get it but don't have the funds for it now. Unless somebody purchases my Tamiya Tamtech.
And about fingerprints, dont touch it! LOL!, Or, you can use the HOYA glass cleaners that come with some perscription glasses and some sunglasses. This is the only cloth that I use to clean my bodies with. Well, not MY body, my Mini-Z bodies! HA! Pretty small towel.....................Oh yea, and Kyosho sais not to use soap and water to wash the bodies, just a good clean cloth like the one I suggested does pretty well. If it's safe enough for glasses, it's safe enough for your AutoScales.

:p I take mine to the park and dogs drool all over it when they chase it in the grass and the dirt. Will that rag work well to clean it? :D

marc
2007.03.12, 02:19 PM
Hello. I just won a limited edition chromed Monster truck on ebay. It's loaded with the Kyosho upgrades and some silver alloy from GPM. I'll post pics when I recieve it! Cost, only 150.

marc
2007.03.22, 10:53 PM
I received my chromed monster truck in the mail today. Was excited till I discovered that the rear lower shock mount was broken. Now I'm going to have to find a replacement for that. Body is in top shape, tiny scratches in it though but hardly noticable. Antenna bent as the guy was not smart enough to remove the antenna before shipping. I'll post pics soon..................

Digisane
2007.05.09, 11:27 PM
Hello, no pics? Sorry for digging up a thread 2 months old, but I'm interested in looking at pics..

marc
2007.05.20, 05:19 PM
Here's my chromed Monster truck.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/011-1.jpg

spider-silver
2007.07.14, 01:07 PM
how much does it cost?

carfreak_22
2007.07.14, 10:48 PM
Here's a little more info. on it:

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13423&highlight=40th+anniversary

I believe they sold for around $200 + when they came out. But if its just the body you are looking for, let me know.