PDA

View Full Version : Race Event - Saturday - 11/11/2006

AtlRC
2006.10.31, 01:08 PM
http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-pics/Banner.jpg

Make sure to read this thread for annoucements concerning the new racing season:
2006/2007 Racing Season Announcement (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23199)

Race Location:
---------------------
Hobby Mart
11235 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770) 740-2915

Race Time:
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 1:00pm

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours):
-------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Sat (non-race day) - 10:30am - 4:00pm
Sat (race day) 10:30am to start of races

Classes:
-------------
All classe open to any 1/28th scale cars (X-Mod, I-Waver, Mini-Z)
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Open

Cost:
-------------
$5.00 per class

Notes:
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- RCP Track (2 wide L's).
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We may run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

Shaun
2006.11.01, 08:40 AM
Are there tables to pit on? If not, is there room to set-up a folding table and chairs?
Any pics of the layout yet? Can't wait to start Mini-Z racing again! Gotta go dust off my cars.

Patrick, will you be there on Saturday?

AtlRC
2006.11.01, 10:52 AM
Are there tables to pit on? If not, is there room to set-up a folding table and chairs?
Any pics of the layout yet? Can't wait to start Mini-Z racing again! Gotta go dust off my cars.

Patrick, will you be there on Saturday?

Hey Shaun,

Yes there will be tables and chairs already setup... I'm going tonight to begin arranging the space and setting up the track.

I'll post some preliminary pictures soon. I don't have my camera with me now to take pictures tonight, so I'll try to go by in the next day or two to take some.

I do plan on being there Saturday. As I mentioned to you earlier... and to let everyone else know, I doubt I'll be there for every race. My weekends are very busy right now, but this could change too. So, I'll be there as much as I can.

See you soon,
-Patrick

AtlRC
2006.11.01, 10:55 AM
The track is not setup yet for practice. I'll announce when it's ready and post some pictures too.

Shaun
2006.11.01, 11:09 AM
Check out THIS (http://www.rcptracks.com/html/2ls.html) for ideas on a layout using 2 Wide-L Tracks.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

ChattavegasSE
2006.11.01, 04:03 PM
I would like to try to make it down; maybe some more Chattanooga RC members will make the trip, too.

Shaun
2006.11.01, 07:53 PM
That sounds good Eric. The more, the better!

Shaun
2006.11.04, 06:36 PM
Here's a picture of the current layout at Hobby Mart.

wsaenotsock
2006.11.06, 04:13 PM
Track looks good! Sorry I didn't make it out but I did sell my Xmod to one of my friends and another one bought a new one and someone had an old one. So we set up a track in his garage and messed around with them. Hopefully they will come out to the track and race or practice sometime.

Ordered my Mini-Z on Friday so I should get it middle of the week. Can't wait to try it out next weekend.

Shaun
2006.11.06, 05:09 PM
Ordered my Mini-Z on Friday so I should get it middle of the week. Can't wait to try it out next weekend.

Which model Mini-Z did you order? MR-02 or MA-010 AWD? Did you order any extra hop-up parts with your car?

See you at the track soon. ;)

Mzfreak
2006.11.06, 05:27 PM
Hey are any of you guys ordering parts from ******? I need to change my 02 to mm.

Shaun
2006.11.06, 05:48 PM
I'm not placing an order anytime soon. What parts do you need Andy?

AtlRC
2006.11.06, 09:06 PM
Track looks good! Sorry I didn't make it out but I did sell my Xmod to one of my friends and another one bought a new one and someone had an old one. So we set up a track in his garage and messed around with them. Hopefully they will come out to the track and race or practice sometime.

Sounds good! I look forward to meeting you! Hopefully your friends can come too. I also have a couple extra Mini-Z's that I can loan out for people to try. If any of your friends would like borrow one to race with Saturday, let me know and I'll save one for them. Of course if they have X-Mods, they can run them as well.

See you soon,
-Patrick

AtlRC
2006.11.06, 09:09 PM
By the way everyone, the track is open for practice during the normal business hours of Hobby Mart... see the initial post of this thread for times. Thanks Miguel!

wsaenotsock
2006.11.07, 10:55 AM
Which model Mini-Z did you order? MR-02 or MA-010 AWD? Did you order any extra hop-up parts with your car?

See you at the track soon. ;)

I got a MA-010 AWD coming. It's going to be super stock if I race this weekend. Just need to pick up some batteries and a charger. I was looking around at some stuff down the road like SAS rear suspension, extending the wheelbase 98 mm to run better bodies.

Shaun
2006.11.07, 12:01 PM
I got a MA-010 AWD coming. It's going to be super stock if I race this weekend. Just need to pick up some batteries and a charger. I was looking around at some stuff down the road like SAS rear suspension, extending the wheelbase 98 mm to run better bodies.

The AWD should run pretty well right out of the box. Might need different tires to hook up. The AWD car has improved FET's 3010. They provide about 30% more power compared to the older MR-02 and MR-01 FETs. Speed/Power shouldn't be a problem. Can't wait to see how the AWD perfoms on the RCP track.

briankstan
2006.11.07, 12:19 PM
The AWD should run pretty well right out of the box. Might need different tires to hook up. The AWD car has improved FET's 3010. They provide about 30% more power compared to the older MR-02 and MR-01 FETs. Speed/Power shouldn't be a problem. Can't wait to see how the AWD perfoms on the RCP track.

the tires that come on the AWD are different than those that come one the MR-01 & MR-02.

they hook up pretty good on the RCP track. You might want to change them later on, but until you get use to the car they will work fine.

Shaun
2006.11.07, 12:25 PM
Nice to see Kyosho isn't including those rock hard tires anymore. Makes the initial satisfaction level much higher. It's nice when you can make laps with a car right out of the box.

AtlRC
2006.11.07, 02:06 PM

Sweet! Can't wait to see it!

hpgod
2006.11.08, 05:50 AM
My nefew and I are planning on joining yall this saterday.
I'll run my old as dirt miniZ mr01 DTM in stock and my nefew will run my xmods and or his xmod in novice. Problem is he has basketball at 10-11 in Monroe. We will see you at ~12:30 sat
Hopefully my rear tire order shows up that shipped yesterday

Art Shull
Blake Wise

bemoore
2006.11.08, 07:35 AM
Woo hoo! Racing season's back! I'll be there. Will the shop have tires for sale? If not, what do I need for an RCP track?

Shaun
2006.11.08, 09:33 AM
So it looks like we're going to have a stock and a novice class for Saturday.
I'll swap out motors and put a stock motor in my car. I think stock racing is more fun anyways. ;)

Chad - Make sure you bring your stock motor for Saturday. I'm trying to fix my iWaver radio so you can use it Saturday. The throttle is broken. :(

hpgod - Which rear tires did you order?

bemoore - The Atomic tires you were running at the other track will work fine on the RCP track.

AtlRC
2006.11.08, 10:13 AM
I believe Miguel may race with us also this weekend. He was getting his Mini-Z ready last time I talked to him.

Andy, are you coming this weekend?

I spoke with Marvin (Matt was with him). They wanted to race with us last year, but couldn't due to paintball commitments. They are on their way to the last paintball tournament of this season (which is this weekend in FL). Marvin said they will probably begin racing with us at the next race after this one.

It sounds like this season is gearing up to have some good turn out! Sounds like fun!

hpgod
2006.11.08, 12:30 PM
Atomic super grip and 8 degree slicks
I have some atomics fronts 10 and 20 treaded for the front
They should be 1000% better then the origianal tire I have that are dry rotting, they worked ok on my living room in germany when i got the car and work fine in my garage/tennis court tracks I setup.

hpgod - Which rear tires did you order?

pinoyboy
2006.11.08, 05:28 PM
I got myself a deal on a modifed MR02, but I don't think i'm gonna be able to get it in time before this saturday. Hopefully it will come next week and I can get some practice runs during the week.

wsaenotsock
2006.11.09, 04:26 PM
Received my MA-010 STi today. Goes well with the WRX. :) Haven't ran it yet, body is very nice don't want to bang it up.

Shaun
2006.11.09, 04:32 PM
Received my MA-010 STi today. Goes well with the WRX. :) Haven't ran it yet, body is very nice don't want to bang it up.

Does that mean you will be racing Saturday? I promise we won't put a scratch on your new body. :)

wsaenotsock
2006.11.09, 04:44 PM
Yeah if I get my charger and batteries tomorrow I should be good to race on Saturday .

I'm not too worried about the body. I used to tear them apart pretty good back in the day with gas. Tires seem pretty sticky as well. What kind of tires do you guys run?

Shaun
2006.11.09, 05:02 PM
For 2WD MR-02 I use 8*- 18* degree radials or slicks in rear. GPM/Kyosho/Atomic brand

In the front I use 15*- 25* degree slicks. Any brand.

hpgod
2006.11.10, 05:51 AM
I tested my mr01 out last night knocking off some rust off it. As soon as I set it down moved less then 5 inches the motor clip broke. I hooptied it together with zip ties, Looked up my shipment that shipped tuesday UPS from houston and it says resceduled for monday. No rear tires for me then. Ill be running 10 degree front tires on the rear. It is still is going to be fun, My nefew apparently cleaned his xmod all last night. At worst case I will mount some good tires on the xmod and run that as a backup if the miniz gives out. see yall tommorrow

Shaun
2006.11.10, 09:24 AM
We may need to setup some more pit tables for Saturday. So far it looks like we will have nearly 10 racers. :) Looking good for Saturday. ;)

Projected Turnout for Saturday
Patrick
Billy
Chad
Shaun
hpgod
hpgod's nephew
wsaenotsock
Jeff
Miguel - might race his Z

Not 100% sure about
Andy
Pinoyboy

AtlRC
2006.11.10, 02:35 PM
We may need to setup some more pit tables for Saturday. So far it looks like we will have nearly 10 racers. :) Looking good for Saturday. ;)

Projected Turnout for Saturday
Patrick
Billy
Chad
Shaun
hpgod
hpgod's nephew
wsaenotsock
Jeff
Miguel - might race his Z

Not 100% sure about
Andy
Pinoyboy

Sounds like its shaping up to be a descent turnout for our first race! I believe that we'll have enough pit area for this one. If (when) our turnout gets bigger, I'll buy another 6 foot table. The bench area (where Miguel has his computer) can hold 3 people (2 on the shop side and 1 on the other). Worst case scenario is that a couple of people will have to use the display case to pit on (I volunteer if necessary).

AtlRC
2006.11.10, 02:40 PM
One more thing... I want to discuss a points series while we are there Sat. We could begin the series tomorrow, or we might want to wait until next race. After tomorrow, I'll make a post announcing the plan for the point series... and I'll come up with some prizes too!

I think this will help incent people to come race! The more people, the more fun!

See you all tomorrow,
-Patrick

bemoore
2006.11.10, 03:41 PM
Sounds like we have 9 definates, and possibly 11. Wow! Have we EVER had a field that big? Sounds like we may have to actually qualify for the mains.

On a side note, since this thing is going to run through lunch, what's available for food in the area?

wsaenotsock
2006.11.10, 03:51 PM
One of my buddies with an Xmod might come also. Not positive yet. I did get my charger and batteries today, at least that's what the website says.

AtlRC
2006.11.10, 04:03 PM
Sounds like we have 9 definates, and possibly 11. Wow! Have we EVER had a field that big? Sounds like we may have to actually qualify for the mains.

On a side note, since this thing is going to run through lunch, what's available for food in the area?

That's funny! ...but you are right, qualifiers might actually be qualifiers for a main, not just position.

As for food, as you are coming down Alpharetta Hwy (as you will be), there is just about anything you could want as far as fast food.

Shaun
2006.11.10, 04:11 PM
Looks like there might be a good turnout of XMODS.
Seems like we'll have an nice assortment of 1/28th scale cars on Saturday.
- Mini-Z MR-01, MR-02, MA-010 and XMODS -

pinoyboy
2006.11.10, 06:00 PM
Well, i'm definately not racing, but I'm thinking of just coming up there to meet everyone and check everything out. However, I just heard they're gonna be doing some restriping/more construction than usual on GA400 this weekend. Has anyone heard about that?

Shaun
2006.11.10, 06:07 PM
How come you're not racing?

pinoyboy
2006.11.10, 09:08 PM
i didn't get my car yet :(

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.11.10, 10:32 PM
Yeah i heard about the construction....use mapquest and find alternate routes..I will have 2 mini-z's with me that will be running and thinking about bringing my x-mod as well. Its done up for show :)

AtlRC
2006.11.10, 11:24 PM
Well, i'm definately not racing, but I'm thinking of just coming up there to meet everyone and check everything out. However, I just heard they're gonna be doing some restriping/more construction than usual on GA400 this weekend. Has anyone heard about that?

I have an MR-02 to loan you. Come on out!

hpgod
2006.11.11, 07:49 PM
Blake and I left in a hurry today and forgot to ask you about the transponders. If you need them back asap, let me know and I will drop them off at the hobby shop on Tuesday.

Ps. Blake and I both had a fun day of racing. Hope to be back out soon.
Art Shull

wsaenotsock
2006.11.12, 10:59 AM
I had a great time yesterday. Thank you Patrick for letting my friend borrow one of your mini-z's. I was pretty happy the way the MA-010 worked out of the box. Tires supplied weren' the best for the track. Car was very slippery the first few laps until some heat got into them. I think Chad asked me if I was trying to drift it. :D It was spinning all four tires going around turns. Once up to temp it was very stable but had a pretty pronounced pushed to it.

This was my first time driving on an actual track in about four years, so I was a little surprised I did that well.

Shaun
2006.11.12, 06:05 PM
Saturday was fun. Glad everyone came out. Lots of nice people. Looking forward to racing with everyone again.
I think that AWD car will be the ticket once it's set-up. ;) I've been thinking about getting one.

See everyone next time.

REMINDER - The track is open for practice all week. So feel free to go to Hobby Mart and run some laps.

AtlRC
2006.11.12, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out! It was fun! It was nice to see a lot of new people. Nice to meet you all.

Kevin (wsaenotsock): The AWD car is cool... I'm gonna have to get me one of those! ...and great driving for being out of racing for so long. It looks like it won't take you long to get back into the swing of things.

Neil: Hope you liked the Mini-Z! At least now you have a good feel for both and can judge for yourself which you like better. Hope to see you again soon.

Art (hpgod): Good job of driving the 01! Looks like you'll be a solid contender this year. Thanks for coming and bringing Blake! Hope to see you both soon. No problem with the transponders, just bring them next time. I forgot to remind everyone to turn them in.

Blake: Great job piloting the X-Mod! Those cars can be a handful, but you did an excellent job driving it! Nice to meet you and hope to see you again soon!

Jeff: You drove very well... took the car right out of the box and kicked some butt! Looks like you might need to step up from Novice to Stock next time for some better competition. Good job!

Hank (Pinoyboy): Thanks for coming by! Sorry you couldn't make it in time to borrow a car. From the looks of your driving, you'll be another good competitor this year. Hope to see you next time with your new car!

Miguel: Once again, thanks for hosting the racing! Everyone had fun! Just remember, if you get too good at driving with sticks, we'll have to ban sticks! ;) I'll get with you this week about ordering some Kyosho parts and cars.

Everyone else: Good to see you again! Thanks for coming out for another season. Hopefully we'll keep making each one better and better!

The next race will be Sat 11/25. I'll post the event soon.

I'll post the results tonight or tomorrow, then some pictures soon after that.

AtlRC
2006.11.12, 10:28 PM
Novice A-Main (1) (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006 - 2007 Winter Season/Novice A Main 1.htm)

Novice A-Main (2) (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006 - 2007 Winter Season/Novice A Main 2.htm)

Stock Main (Combined (A & B) (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006 - 2007 Winter Season/Stock A Main (Combined).htm)

I'll post the Stock A and B mains that were ran individually later. I have to go back to the shop to hook up to the lap counting system so that I can save off the stats from those races (I forgot to save those).

wsaenotsock
2006.11.13, 12:05 PM
Since PM is disabled I'll just ask everyone. I'd like to upgrade my radio to something decent. Patrick and Shaun were using MX-A's which allowed for plenty of adjustments. I'm thinking about picking one up. Patrick also mentioned the MX-3S which is synthesized FM. Would that also work without having to modify the onboard electronics on the Mini-z? I wouldnt' mind running on FM instead of AM if there wasn't much hassle involved. Thanks!

Shaun
2006.11.13, 12:47 PM
Converting to FM would require changing the on-board electronics. Your best bet is to leave the AM electronics in the car and upgrade to a better radio.

Any 27mHz AM radio will work on the Mini-Z.

Airtronics MX-A
Futaba 2PL
JR XR2
Most KO, Airtronics and JR radios with a removable transmitter module can use an optional 27MhZ AM module to allow use with a Mini-Z. These radios aren't cheap.

wsaenotsock
2006.11.13, 02:47 PM
Thanks Shaun. I'll just buy a MX-A and be done with it.

I was experiencing some glitching in the first turn by the lap counter. Hopefully that will go away with a better radio.

AtlRC
2006.11.13, 02:55 PM
Thanks Shaun. I'll just buy a MX-A and be done with it.

I was experiencing some glitching in the first turn by the lap counter. Hopefully that will go away with a better radio.

We've all experienced some glitching around the line. The way I've overcome it is by trying different frequencies. I do plan on moving the lap counter to the end of the long straight. This will move it away from all of the other wires and "may" help to alleviate "some" of the interference. The Radio Shack crystal set works fine with the Mini-Z and is only around $15. That will give you several optional frequencies. The MX-A may have a bit better signal as well.

Shaun
2006.11.13, 02:57 PM
A better transmitter will help some. No AM system is above getting glitches.
I got a few random glitches throughout the day. How often was your car glitching?

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.11.13, 03:09 PM
Hey guys I had fun....well i ordered the KO PROPO module for the Z-1 radio to adapt to the mini-z so i will be using my radio hopefully at the next race

Shaun
2006.11.13, 03:23 PM
Chad - Have you placed your order for the parts you needed? Tires, motor, knuckles, etc.

Shaun
2006.11.13, 07:31 PM
Just curious what everyone thought of the track layout on Saturday? Too easy, too hard. Would you like to see any changes to the layout?

I've been thinking of different layouts for the shop. Please post any ideas or suggestions you have about the track layout.

AtlRC
2006.11.13, 07:41 PM
Just curious what everyone thought of the track layout on Saturday? Too easy, too hard. Would you like to see any changes to the layout?

I've been thinking of different layouts for the shop. Please post any ideas or suggestions you have about the track layout.

Cool, a crash up derby layout! ...just looks like a big black box to me?.?.?

Shaun
2006.11.13, 08:18 PM
Cool, a crash up derby layout! ...just looks like a big black box to me?.?.?

Wonder why it doesn't show up? If I click on the attachment it shows the track layouts. I don't see a black box.

What about about this?

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.11.13, 09:24 PM
Wonder why it doesn't show up? If I click on the attachment it shows the track layouts. I don't see a black box.

What about about this?

No i just orderd the module. I havent ordered my tires and stuff yet cause i have to get my Xray rdy for saturday. I had to order Jaco Foams and a body and a belt. But I will be ordering the stuff for the mini this week

AtlRC
2006.11.14, 08:06 AM

What about about this?

I'm at work now and it does show up... must be something about my machine at home.

Shaun
2006.11.15, 09:54 AM
Have you got the results for the Stock A-Main and B-Main?

AtlRC
2006.11.15, 10:12 AM
Have you got the results for the Stock A-Main and B-Main?

No. I'm going there today at lunch, but didn't bring my laptop. I'll see if I can get the software to load tonight without being hooked up to the lap counter. I've heard there is a way, but I've never been able to get it to work.

briankstan
2006.11.15, 10:25 AM
No. I'm going there today at lunch, but didn't bring my laptop. I'll see if I can get the software to load tonight without being hooked up to the lap counter. I've heard there is a way, but I've never been able to get it to work.

I can help you with that. What version you running?

AtlRC
2006.11.15, 10:29 AM
I can help you with that. What version you running?

Thanks! I assume that I am running the latest version. I downloaded it about a 2 weeks ago. I thought you used to have to run the program with something like -nosensor... but I think I already tried that and it didn't work.

briankstan
2006.11.15, 10:34 AM
Copy the Icon on your Desktop.

Right click and go to properties on the new one. Under the "general" tab change the name to "Core-Racer No Sensor"

click on the "shortcut" tab and under target put this in there. save it and you are all set.

"C:\Program Files\CoreSpeedway\core-racer.exe" -port no-sensor-connected

AtlRC
2006.11.15, 10:36 AM
Copy the Icon on your Desktop.

Right click and go to properties on the new one. Under the "general" tab change the name to "Core-Racer No Sensor"

click on the "shortcut" tab and under target put this in there. save it and you are all set.

"C:\Program Files\CoreSpeedway\core-racer.exe" -port no-sensor-connected

Cool! Thanks for your help! I'll try that tonight.

Shaun
2006.11.15, 01:23 PM
How would everyone feel about making the sharp 90 degree turn at the end of the straightaway a little wider? And faster! :)

Here's what I was thinking. I could bring the tiles needed on the next race day.

AtlRC
2006.11.15, 02:02 PM
How would everyone feel about making the sharp 90 degree turn at the end of the straightaway a little wider? And faster! :)

Here's what I was thinking. I could bring the tiles needed on the next race day.

Can't see the image. Can you try a jpg again.

wsaenotsock
2006.11.15, 02:30 PM
If I save the png to disk first I can see it. I think it's a great idea. I lost track of how many times I clipped or totally turned in to early last Saturday.

briankstan
2006.11.15, 02:34 PM
RCP tracks make these wide inside turns as a kits you can buy. I have 6 of them and I Highly recommend them.

here is a close up of one

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/Track_5a-4_001a.jpg

Shaun
2006.11.15, 02:39 PM
Can't see the image. Can you try a jpg again.

Here's a jpg.

briankstan - Where are the wide radius turn kits located in the shop here? I couldn't find them.

briankstan
2006.11.15, 02:47 PM
Here's a jpg.

briankstan - Where are the wide radius turn kits located in the shop here? I couldn't find them.

I don't see them listed. the best way to find out if they are instock and the pricing is to contact John at RCP Tracks. Contact info is on his website.

http://www.rcptracks.com/html/contact.html

Shaun
2006.11.15, 03:02 PM
Do you remember how much the wide turn set costs? How many turns did you get in the set?

briankstan
2006.11.15, 03:17 PM
Do you remember how much the wide turn set costs? How many turns did you get in the set?

I think the kit consists of 4. not sure on the price. (around $45 I think)

I got mine differently. I have 6 and this was prior to putting them in the current kits. John can give you all the correct info.

Shaun
2006.11.15, 03:24 PM
Thanks briankstan. I'll check it out.

AtlRC
2006.11.15, 10:14 PM
OK, here are all of the results from the Stock class (Sat 11/11/06):

Stock A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006 - 2007 Winter Season/Stock A Main 1.htm)

Stock B-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006 - 2007 Winter Season/Stock B Main 1.htm)

Stock A-Main (All racers) (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006 - 2007 Winter Season/Stock A Main (Combined).htm)

hpgod
2006.11.16, 06:11 AM
I got my motor mount in yesterday. The problem I have now is the stock Kyosho motor can has no mounting holes, Can you drill and tap a stock can? or do I need to get new can and drop the arm in it?

Art

briankstan
2006.11.16, 08:16 AM
I've drilled and tapped many Kyosho stock motors.

just go slow and make sure you have the holes in the right place. If you have a drilled can you can use it as a template.

Shaun
2006.11.16, 10:11 AM
Art - Don't drill into the can too far. Don't go more than about 1/8" into the can or you will hit the armature. You could just take the arm and then drill just to be safe.

What motor mount did you get? It's for the MR-01.....right?

hpgod
2006.11.16, 11:58 AM
MR01 PN motor mount was the only one I could find that also had a diff.
I got the PN mr02 diff also, I need to figure out the shimming as it offset ~3mm to the none diff side. The flat spot for the left wheel does not line up right either when put in the Mr01. Nothing a dremel cannot fix. Now just need my newborn girl to sleep so daddy can have some car wrenching time:)