PDA

View Full Version : PA DOW GTG December 16th & 17th

imxlr8ed
2006.10.31, 05:37 PM
I will have these 2 dates reserved at our Schlegel facility. I'm sure some HFAY clubs will want to run the same layout so we can all do a time comparision.

I will include a pic of the layout... this is the maximum amount of track we can get into our facility, but I'm sure other clubs will not have a problem duplicating it. (we will be running it clockwise)

I also plan to finish the Regional rules and get them posted on here ASAP.
(don't worry... they'll be very similar to PN rules)

Not looking to be a stickler with the rules on this one, just want to have a good time. I think the main rule will include all stock fet "safe" motors... HFAY Spec Motors, Xspeeds, Speedys, Atomics... pretty much "run what ya brung"... just make sure the fets are 3004s.

I'll update with more info tomorrow, looking forward to a great time !

rharris
2006.10.31, 06:23 PM
This sounds pretty cool.

Our club is going to start running events next to the 10th scale track every 2nd Sunday of the month.

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23191

I'm going to promote the HFAY idea at the track. With some work we may be able to get a few guys to start up small clubs to compete next season.

This may make a good introduction to what HFAY is all about. Race on this layout, then compare times with guys across the country.

imxlr8ed
2006.10.31, 06:39 PM
Our frequency signup is on our website, you can either post on our site to let me know if you're coming, or you can just PM me here or on our site.

http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522

I would obviously welcome all HFAY clubs to participate so we can all compare times. This layout fills our Schlegel facility and gives us just enough room for pit areas.

I would also like to give everyone an opportunity to complete some Time Trials for HFAY as well and also give them a chance to compete in one of our Point Series races as well.

It's gonna be a busy 2 days... I welcome the chance to do this !

(more, the merrier ! :D )

briankstan
2006.11.01, 12:37 AM
I'll have to see if we can locate a indoor place to setup. During the winter we are pretty limited on our track size.

I'll keep you updated.

imxlr8ed
2006.11.06, 10:04 PM
Sign up list is starting to fill up fast... might have to get a bigger place ! :cool:

Actually... we have had about 18 racers into the Schlegel facility before with lots of room to spare downstairs.

arch2b
2006.11.11, 10:03 PM
imx, so far it's looking good for the dc turnout. spoon, soyverde, the ringer have expressed interest. i'm going to email kenontap to see if he is.

sorry to say chuckyluv is living in georgia now or he would be coming i'm sure.

hobbycar
2006.11.12, 12:14 AM
I know we Ann Arbor guys would love to run the bigger track. Especially after having done the Toronto PN Regional race. We have the RCP Tiles, it's just matter of finding floor space :( :)

After racing in various PN races, it seems we all agree that car setup and driving on bigger tracks (long straights, 3 wide areas, sweeping corners, etc) is significantly enough different than racing on our smaller/tighter HFAY tracks.

Maybe we need to do something like allow HFAY OLPS races to be run a month ahead of time if a club desires so that they can dedicate a month to running a bigger track. I'll post this in the HFAY sub-forum for discussion.

-hobbycar

imxlr8ed
2006.11.12, 01:32 PM
I saw that... Running a two for one... I do feel that is a possiblity, just gotta sell the idea to the gang. ;)

Spoon's already signed up... just let me know what freqs Soy and ringer are going to use.

arch2b
2006.11.12, 01:37 PM
this time i will have money set aside for hotel ;)

briankstan
2006.11.12, 01:53 PM
We have an indoors location nailed down. we can go very large as we have access to a entire basket ball court now. :D :D

imxlr8ed
2006.11.12, 03:05 PM
Cool... yeah, I'm planning to get the format laid down in HFAY format tonight, I'm looking to make it a platform to build on for regular HFAY "big track" events. Not sure exactly how I want to setup the weekend for my GTG yet... but it would seem that it is going to all be on the layout shown. We're thinking 3 classes really...

F1:
3004 or 3010 fets (single layer), single fet motors (any), 4 AAA batts nimh, nicad or alky, no foam tires.

Racer Stock:
Combination of MA010s and MR01s, 1.5s and 02s. 3004 or 3010 fets (single layer), single fet motors (any), 4 AAA batts nimh, nicad or alky, no foam tires.

Outlaw:
Anything goes really... but must have a 1/28th scale body. (no open wheel)

Simple enough ?... or should we split the AWDs out into their own class ?

arch2b
2006.11.12, 03:55 PM
awsome, this is what we were talking abotu this weekend. those are the classes we wanted too!

i would not split out awd

arch2b
2006.11.17, 09:15 AM
imx,
is there any chance you have enough track to setup the dec hfay course in conjunction with the regional track? we will likely skip our dec dc races all together so that it's easier to make/prepare/justify;) the trip to pa. this would allow us to run our dc hfay dec races in whatever downtime we may have over the 2 days in pa.

Spoon
2006.11.17, 09:50 AM
I am always pushing for a drift class...Maybe not an actual race but more of a demostration/skills session....

I love drifting!

imxlr8ed
2006.11.17, 05:53 PM
We may have enough track to pull it off, but we won't have the room. But since this is basically a free-time, free-wheeling kinda event, I don't see why we couldn't get it done in that time frame. (I personally think it would be nice to end up in a main with someone other than Gasman or GTA...) We'll just have to tear down the big layout and setup the HFAY course.

Drifting is welcome... maybe some quick pickup races for the cameras ?... no problem !

I am still trying to create a HFAY Manual for the Big Track Events, still trying to get all th logistics squared away... I started it a while ago, got a few minutes with it here and there, but with the new house and all of the other fun events :rolleyes: going on right now, it's getting delayed. Once again, I'm hoping to have a rough draft out there for Monday. I need all the Judges to give it their final approval, and Brian's nod to go ahead with it.

I will post about one need I have for this manual in the HFAY Regional thread.

imxlr8ed
2006.11.20, 07:29 PM
Here are the Vehicle Tech Regulations for this event... if you have any questions or suggestions, you know what to do ! :)

arch2b
2006.11.21, 07:59 PM
wow :eek:
Frequencies available for this GTG...

26.815 "Outlaw"
26.835 "Outlaw"
26.855 "Outlaw"
26.875 "Outlaw"
26.895 "Outlaw" ---------------------- JoeDirt
26.915 "Outlaw"
26.935 "Outlaw"
26.955 "Outlaw"
26.975 Xmod # 7 – Black -------------- EMU
26.995 Stock # 1 – Brown ------------- arch2b
27.025 Xmod # 8 - Red/Brown --------- soyverde
27.045 Stock # 2 - Red --------------- Spoon
27.075 Xmod # 9 - Orange/Red -------- RacerQuinny
27.095 Stock # 3 - Orange
27.125 Xmod # 10 - Yellow/Orange ---- Ringer
27.145 Stock # 4 – Yellow ------------ Bennett
27.175 Xmod # 11 - Green/Yellow ----- Adam
27.195 Stock # 5 - Green ------------- WillyW
27.225 Xmod # 12 - Blue/Green
27.235 "Outlaw" ---------------------- SaiTam
27.255 Stock # 6 – Blue -------------- lftlminiz
27.280 "Outlaw"
27.300 "Outlaw“ ---------------------- Enzok
27.320 "Outlaw“ ---------------------- Calsonic12
27.340 "Outlaw“ ---------------------- anarchydude
27.360 "Outlaw"
27.380 "Outlaw“ ---------------------- Mike
27.400 "Outlaw“ ---------------------- Gasman
27.420 "Outlaw"
27.460 "Outlaw"
27.490 "Outlaw"
27.510 "Outlaw"
27.540 "Outlaw" --------------------- OldCrow
27.560 "Outlaw"
27.590 "Outlaw“
27.610 "Outlaw“
27.640 "Outlaw“ --------------------- hilldebrandt
27.660 "Outlaw“ --------------------- GRANDTHEFTAUTO.45
27.690 “Outlaw” --------------------- imxlr8ed

this could be a record crowd! i know it will be for dc and ny turnout ;)

Spoon
2006.11.26, 09:28 PM
Any idea what the schedule is going to be like? No rush, I am just trying to figure out when I am going to have to leave VA to get to Arch and crew for the carpool.

imxlr8ed
2006.11.27, 10:14 AM
Been meaning to ask you all that... I don't want to make it impossible, so I'll just say what I've been thinking for the overall time schedule. (please reply if there is a real issue with any of this)

Saturday 9am-10pm if we want to run that late... we can run much later for all I care, I have the facility as long as I want it for. I would think that the morning would be spent getting practice runs in, just meet and greet. Around 12:30pm we can start qualifying runs, as many as we can get in. (remember... 3 classes, Racer, F1 and Outlaw).

Now, if we want to run the HFAY Points for December... I would say that it might be best to accomplish this on Saturday night. To cut down on time, I was thinking that we should just qualify for December HFAY by using the results from the Racer Qualifying runs from earlier in the day. (I would like to invite all to do the HFAY... just bring a stock motor with you !) If we get the HFAY done by Saturday night... we can all just concentrate on the balance of Heats and the Mains for the GTG on Sunday.

Sunday 9am-6pm I say 6pm because I know you would all like to get a jump on the drive home... if some want to stay later, I'm cool with that ! (my plan is to make an entire weekend of this.)

I know it's sketchy... but we all know how it goes with schedules at these things. We have alot of time to get it all in... I'm sure we'll do it.

Spoon
2006.11.27, 01:54 PM
Here are the Vehicle Tech Regulations for this event... if you have any questions or suggestions, you know what to do ! :)

One question on the VTR's. Are pan car bodies alowed in the stock class? I don't think I'll be using one but I was curious to know if they were allowed.

I am assuming they are fair game in the open class.

imxlr8ed
2006.11.27, 03:32 PM
One question on the VTR's. Are pan car bodies alowed in the stock class? I don't think I'll be using one but I was curious to know if they were allowed.

I am assuming they are fair game in the open class.

I would prefer to keep them all Kyosho bodies for Racer class... but I'm not too concerned about it. What do you guys think ?

arch2b
2006.11.27, 03:49 PM
my pan car is my open class so it's not a problem for stock class for me.

i will use either my awd or hfay car for stock class.

lfisminiz
2006.11.27, 10:03 PM
Ed my man, quite an ambitious schedule. Sounds good to me. I will say that i dont think i would be there that late saturday. Never know? Adam im guessing wont be there that long any day. No biggie. Hes in love. ;) :D

imxlr8ed
2006.11.28, 10:24 AM
Well... I'm not going to shut anyone out if they miss a heat or two, show up... qualify... and get to your Mains on Sunday. We'll try to keep it all rolling as smoothly as possible. I want to be sure we get all the Big track racing in that we can... all I ask from the drivers is that they try their best to be ready when I call them for a race.

If nothing else... it's gotta be fun.

arch2b
2006.11.28, 10:30 AM
we have it down pretty good in dc. we can typ. get 3 classes of quals, heats and mains all in within about 6-7 hours which inlcudes prep, wrenching and playtime

gasman1
2006.11.28, 10:44 AM
I would like the GTG to be just that, devoid of any HFAY racing unless there are clubs that are running the same large track we are running for the GTG.

With only two races left in the second points season and our current standings in the points, I for one do not want to change our qualifying procedure nor our time we dedicate to preparing to race at this stage of the game. We will have our hands full just trying to get all the GTG races in.

Spoon
2006.11.28, 11:21 AM
I would like the GTG to be just that, devoid of any HFAY racing unless there are clubs that are running the same large track we are running for the GTG.

With only two races left in the second points season and our current standings in the points, I for one do not want to change our qualifying procedure nor our time we dedicate to preparing to race at this stage of the game. We will have our hands full just trying to get all the GTG races in.

I don't think we are asking everyone to run the December HFAY races. Arch brought it up because a lot of the DC guys are going to give up the Dec 2 GTG so we can travel to the regional. I think we (DCGTG) were hoping that we could run the HFAY layout for a little while so we don't miss out on the points.

I think since you guys get to race so often it would only make sense to run your HFAY races outside of the big regional.

This kind of brings up a question I have about a more specific schedule. I am trying to suppress my anal tendencies but maybe we could come up with a ballpark schedule for the racing.

How many racers are signed up?
How many cars will we have per qualifier?
How long will the qualifiers be?
How many qualifying heats will each driver get?

For example, with 20 drivers and 4 cars per qual and 2 qual heats could we get through all of the qualifying for one event (F1 for example) in 2 hours?

Also, if it will help I can assist with the race organization. I can bring a laptop and projector to display the heats and let people know when they are going to be racing.

You guys race a lot more than I do so I am not trying to take over the race management or anything. I would like to help if I can.

gasman1
2006.11.28, 12:14 PM
We first have to see who shows up. We had almost this many signrd up for our last gtg and about half showed up. With such a big layout, I think we can run more than 4 cars per heat. a large layout can handle twice that.

Any help you can offer with race organization would be appreciated.

Everyone just has to know when their heats are and be ready for them or not run that heat to keep things moving. Last gtg we waited on people for various reasons and never got to run the F1s or seriously ran the Overlands. I don't want this to happen again.

Looking forward to racing with you guys real soon

arch2b
2006.11.28, 12:44 PM
we tested using a projector in dc at our last gtg and it was helpful in the sense that everyone could see who was up for the next heat and it gave ecveryone a chance to see the results real time. knowing the pa hangout, i am not certain the space would allow for that to happen, you would have to assess that option.

spoon is correct, i asked imx if the dc guys could run the dec hfay layout in any downtime just so we don't loose out on the points as we had to give up a dec gtg inorder to make this trip possible. we could simply do this after were done with sat racing while the pa guys would enjoy playtime and or leave for the night. or early sat/sun before most of the p guys show up? when really doesn't matter to me.

i think we've committed 4 dc guys to coming. i'm still emailing some more.

i would liek to see more ny racers. last time i think we had 1?

gasman1
2006.11.28, 12:50 PM
I guess I misunderstood Ed, thinking we were going to race with you. I understand your position and have no problem with it if you can work your HFAY races in.

arch2b
2006.11.28, 01:14 PM
maybe i did too :o

just know the dc guys are coming :p

Spoon
2006.11.28, 02:07 PM
We first have to see who shows up. We had almost this many signrd up for our last gtg and about half showed up. With such a big layout, I think we can run more than 4 cars per heat. a large layout can handle twice that.

I didn't even think of that...Can you tell that I have never raced on anything larger than a couple of wide L's. :D

Any help you can offer with race organization would be appreciated.

I am glad to help. I should be able to bring the laptop and projector.

Everyone just has to know when their heats are and be ready for them or not run that heat to keep things moving. Last gtg we waited on people for various reasons and never got to run the F1s or seriously ran the Overlands. I don't want this to happen again.

I agree with this. We have a pretty small group in DC so we don't really have a problem waiting a couple of minutes for people. If a heat is going to be 6-8 minutes maybe we could setup a schedule so that each race starts on the half hour. Everyone will get a five minute warning and if they aren't on the track maybe they can get bumped to the next slot or they dont' get to run that heat.

Looking forward to racing with you guys real soon
Same here![COLOR=Red]

Gasman has a pretty good point about depending on how many people show up.

How about this as a general ballpark plan

1:00 - 3:00 Stock Racer Qualifiers
3:00 - 5:00 F1 Qualifiers
5:00 - 7:00 Outlaw Qualifiers

Even if we have 24 racers (and we can fit 8 drivers on the course) we could run races every 20 minutes and everyone should get two qualifiers.

Of course we would have to do all of the race setup, core tag registering, etc before the first races even start.

This is all very exciting!

imxlr8ed
2006.11.28, 05:15 PM
Ok... I'm getting cleared up on a few things as well here.

Things that have been zipping by the vast emptiness of my mind as of lately...

Don't want to have people standing around for long periods of time...

Will NYC racers want to participate in HFAY Dec. ?...

Can we just pull an all nighter for the HFAY Dec. races...

I'll run HFAY Dec. with the DC crew... but then again, would I upset the balance that I have with my club (who are GTA and Gasman going to put in third if I'm not there ? :rolleyes: ).

I could run it for the DC guys... no problem. Maybe the others could just watch...

Does anyone from the Kutztown crew want to race the HFAY Dec... ?

Did I leave the iron on ?

Working on getting a projector from work...

If we just run the Big Layout until 8pm... would the HFAY Dec. participants want to stay later to run the Mains ? Is that too much ?

I'm hoping Sunday will be all Big Layout races.

Can I get my AWD fetted in time for the Outlaw class ?

Basically... I'm trying to keep it all in my head. I know the variables that are involved here, and I am making no guarantees on whether or not we'll get the HFAY Dec. stuff in for the DC crew, but I am sure if you guys really want to do it Saturday night... I have absolutely no problem with that. (I'll stay all night if I have to) I just wanna see some great racing... that's the only reason I'm doing this. :D

lfisminiz
2006.11.28, 09:33 PM
ED. as far as the HAFY races, dont worry about us. Im not sure how long ill be there saturday anyway. I will be there as long as i can. Maybe it will be that long. :confused: :D

soyverde
2006.11.28, 10:03 PM
I just wanna see some great racing... that's the only reason I'm doing this. :D

And that's the only reason we're making the trip. ;)

I don't know exactly how late we'll be staying with little b in tow (arch could answer that), but I'm sure after eight won't be a problem. I also don't see any reason why we'd need HFAY qualifiers if only four of us show up, so we could likely knock out the (two) races in short order. If we get to them, great, if we don't, no worries. :cool:

arch2b
2006.11.28, 10:48 PM
so long as i have something to entertain little b he will do fine. at neko con he was up till about midnight. this is why we will travel with the nintendo advanced thingy and my laptop :p

imxlr8ed
2006.11.29, 10:34 AM
That kid is a ball of energy, no doubt about that ! :D

I'm sure we'll get the races in... just don't want to inconvenience anyone at all.

So basically... and I say this to all attending, try to get there sometime around 9am Saturday morning so you can get set up and get your practice in before qualifying begins sometime around noon. If you miss Saturday, there may be a balance of qualifiers on Sunday morning... not absolutely sure about that yet though.

gasman1
2006.11.29, 02:10 PM
This is what I'm thinking.

SATURDAY
9:00 Am to 12:00 PM Open practice for all classes

While every one is practicing I will scan the transponders and set up the races. Everyone will hand in one transponder to be used all weekend for all the races. No exceptions. This is how it was handled at the World's and it worked out well. All class races will be setup and a daily schedule will be made for all to see. All races will go off timely to keep things moving.

12:00 till ???? Qualifiers #1 and #2 for all classes

When all the qualifiers are done the track can be split so the DC club can run their HFAY event. People can maybe eat at that point or do whatever they wish.

When thats done, if anyone is interested to continue racing, we can reconnect the track and maybe run an enduro race with pit stops or whatever.

SUNDAY

9:00 AM to 10:00 AM Open Practice and registration for any new drivers

10:00 Am tilll ???? Qualifier #3 and Mains for all classes.

Hopefully this will get us done early enough for some to get a head start home or they can stay and race some pick up races again.

Please bring power strips and an extension cord for yourself as wall sockets are limited

BrianMidnight
2006.11.29, 04:13 PM
I'm sure some HFAY clubs will want to run the same layout so we can all do a time comparision.

I will include a pic of the layout...

Stafford Racers (England UK) :eek: ........ looks like we will compete but need to know if the layout is as the original attachment. We can just about fit 37/38 foot in our room. We will race Sunday 10th! any problems with us running a week early? ............but to ensure we don't frighten other racers away, with our blistering times, ;) we won't post results until the 18th.

gasman1
2006.11.29, 04:21 PM
http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522&page=1

this is the layout we will be running, as far as I know it hasn't changed

imxlr8ed
2006.11.29, 06:11 PM
Stafford Racers (England UK) :eek: ........ looks like we will compete but need to know if the layout is as the original attachment. We can just about fit 37/38 foot in our room. We will race Sunday 10th! any problems with us running a week early? ............but to ensure we don't frighten other racers away, with our blistering times, ;) we won't post results until the 18th.

Good idea on the posting time ! :D

Yes... I was entertaining the idea of other types of turns and such... but to keep participation levels higher, I think we'll just stick with the layout shown. It should fit in your facility... if not, just bank the turns on the end !!! ;)

BrianMidnight
2006.12.03, 06:30 PM
where abouts on the layout are you positioning "core"

hobbycar
2006.12.03, 06:39 PM
Again I wish I/we could come. Sounds like you'll have a big turnout :)

Make sure to take some video and post it up online somewhere (like YouTube). Note that video is important for verifying any missed laps if necessary.

Have fun.

-hobbycar

imxlr8ed
2006.12.04, 09:31 AM
where abouts on the layout are you positioning "core"

Oops... forgot to mention that. I set it up down at turn 2 (bottom right on the image)... right where it starts to get back to 2 lanes wide. (running clockwise) It give a nice wide area for those high speed photo finishes.

briankstan
2006.12.04, 09:43 AM
We will also be running this track. We are all setup for 14th.

I'm having Laser eye correction done on the 7th. so as long as the healing process goes well I should be ready to go.

if everyone want to send in there times to me after this race. (same format as the OLPS) I can put them in my sort program and we can post them the in order of # of laps and Time. Let me know on this.

Depending on our turn our we should have the minumum of 5 people running, but if not I'll still run anyway.. :p

imxlr8ed
2006.12.04, 09:48 AM
Should be very interesting, was thinking the same thing on the results.

I'm starting to get worried though... haven't heard from the NYC crew for a while... :o

michvin
2006.12.05, 12:05 PM
Should be very interesting, was thinking the same thing on the results.

I'm starting to get worried though... haven't heard from the NYC crew for a while... :o
Don't know about crew, but mw, EMU and my son are planning to be there.
When is that exactly? The time is discussed, but what is the date?
Also, can you give the city where it will take place so that i can estimate the driving time?
Thanks

Spoon
2006.12.05, 12:08 PM
Don't know about crew, but mw, EMU and my son are planning to be there.
When is that exactly? The time is discussed, but what is the date?
Also, can you give the city where it will take place so that i can estimate the driving time?
Thanks
Date is in the title of the thread.

Directions are here
http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115
http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16

michvin
2006.12.05, 12:11 PM
Date is in the title of the thread.

Directions are here
http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16
sorry, my old eyes.....

monkey19
2006.12.05, 12:43 PM
i am thinking of heading out there as well, I am in staten island and it is not that far.

gasman1
2006.12.05, 12:56 PM
make sure you sign up on our site for crystals and a head count

imxlr8ed
2006.12.05, 03:01 PM
If I have to kick some of my crew off the Xmod crystals... let me know. I know some of my members have extra Outlaw frequencies, so they'll just borrow them.

Yes... make sure you sign up, not absolutely necessary... but would like to get an idea of how many pit areas I'll need.

Does anyone remember which frequency messes with the Core system ?... I thought I heard that one of the Xmod frequencies causes an interference issue ?

arch2b
2006.12.05, 03:04 PM
it's always channel 3 for us.

briankstan
2006.12.06, 03:58 PM
Just messing around. Heres a rendering of the track. I threw in a HFAY banner and a RCP banner as well.

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/HFAY_large.jpeg

imxlr8ed
2006.12.06, 06:50 PM
Looking good... It's actually a fairly technical track... here's the results from the GTG in 2005 (same track exactly), best laps were in the low 11s, I'm sure that'll drop into the 10s real quick !

http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205

michvin
2006.12.07, 03:52 PM
Are those mini tiles or large?

imxlr8ed
2006.12.07, 04:03 PM
Wide "L" type. Here's pics for the last GTG when we had this set up.

http://www.dorksonwheels.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21

michvin
2006.12.07, 04:20 PM
Thanks. Hope to see you guys there.

imxlr8ed
2006.12.12, 06:32 PM
The time draws near... if you're not signed up, get signed up. It just makes it easier to get everyone's Xponder quicker. You will probably be assigned one Xponder for the whole weekend... not saying we are supplying them all, I would hope you are all planning to bring your own... but we will be assigning the name similar to how Phil did it up at the World Cup.

I hope to see some badass East Coast times on this layout... gotta represent ! :D

arch2b
2006.12.12, 06:48 PM
i'm just hoping i can leave with less damage than last time :rolleyes: my son managed to fry alteast 3 of my cars that last regional gtg. thats one reason i'm bringing his carisma to drive this time.

michvin
2006.12.12, 06:48 PM
can you give the link for signup? Also i won't be able to come on Saturday. Is there still an opportunity for me to compete?
thanks

imxlr8ed
2006.12.12, 09:34 PM
can you give the link for signup? Also i won't be able to come on Saturday. Is there still an opportunity for me to compete?
thanks

The balance of qualifiers will be on Sunday... We'll probably get started practicing around 9am... then we'll get rolling on the heats probably before 12noon. just post on the thread below, check the frequency chart... it's pretty full, but we will have some Outlaw freqs available. If you need one, just let me know.

michvin
2006.12.13, 01:59 AM
The balance of qualifiers will be on Sunday... We'll probably get started practicing around 9am... then we'll get rolling on the heats probably before 12noon. just post on the thread below, check the frequency chart... it's pretty full, but we will have some Outlaw freqs available. If you need one, just let me know.

Done. Tank you. Our radios doesn't like outlaws, so prolly we'll have to share.

Jonny
2006.12.13, 04:55 AM
First of all, sorry to post this mid thread but I just wanted to say that the guys at Stafford, UK ran this track on the 10th and loved it :D

I've posted a couple of pics in our thread under 'clubs'.

Needless to say we aren't in with race winning times on this first try and we didn't manage too many laps with 02's or F1's due to some 'interesting' events happening on the day...

Thanks guys,

Jonny.

imxlr8ed
2006.12.13, 12:04 PM
Yeah... saw your write up on that, some days just get crazy ! :o

Look forward to giving you a good competition... can't wait to see how it all comes together on this ! :cool:

gasman1
2006.12.13, 01:27 PM
thanks

See the schedule I posted on this link, it has the times etc. You can come early Sunday around 8:00 to get an extra hour of practice in. I should be there around 7:30 - 8:00 AM Sunday morning.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23202&page=3&pp=15

Spoon
2006.12.15, 11:17 AM
This thread has been pretty quiet considering we'll be in the thick of things within 24 hours. I think I am all set.

With the exception of my F1 being in pieces I should be all set.

DOW I'll bring a laptop and projector and should be able to help wherever I can to keep things organized. imx...if you will also have a projector, maybe we could use mine to keep track of heats, start times, standings, etc. and you could have core running on yours. I am sure we'll figure it out.

DC should be showing up between 9 and 10...kicking down the doors and ready to race!

briankstan
2006.12.15, 12:05 PM
We were planning on running this on the 14th. Due to my still blurry vision we moved it to the 28th.

imxlr8ed
2006.12.15, 12:53 PM
Can't get the projector from work... will have to rely on yours.

We are going there tonight to get setup... I gotta clean out the 1st floor a little more so I can setup more pit spaces down there.

It's gonna be busy and might be a little cluttered there if everyone who signed up, shows. It shouldn't be that big of a deal though, I'm sure we'll have enough room.

Spoon
2006.12.15, 01:53 PM
Alright, just secured the projector. All I need is a blank wall. Check out the attachment. I worked it up to help people keep track of when they are going to race. Hopefully this can help keep things moving.

The details and timing can be worked out later depending on how many show up.

arch2b
2006.12.15, 02:00 PM
it was croweded last time and we still got around well. the gym was overkill for space but it was ideal for event if we had the numbers we do this time. you guys had that setup really nice.

lfisminiz
2006.12.15, 10:16 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys tommorow. Larry (lfisminiz).

imxlr8ed
2006.12.15, 10:23 PM
Well, tracks up and ready to go, I cleaned up the middle room downstairs real well, but we ran out of tables.

As it stands now, we can get 22 peeps upstairs... the rest are going down, and once again, I'm going to throw most of my crew downstairs, so no biggie. :D

Reminder to all attending, it's gonna be tight, so try not to hog pit space, bring what you need. Topside, it's basically table space like they had up at Action.

Now... things you need.

Bring power strips, I have a few there, but I'm gonna have to get creative with the cords. Oh yeah... pit towels too, I'm not concerned about the tables that are there, (except for the one I'm borowing from Gasman... he'll hurt me if I scratch it ! :o ) but they do help out with keeping little screws from rolling all over the place, which can only expedite the tuning and repairing process.

If anyone has a fold-out table and their own chair, and you want to pit away from the crowd, feel free, there's 2 other rooms downstairs, I'm sure we can work it out. (Don't worry, it's not a filthy dungeon down there !)

I'm gonna try to get some more tables tomorrow morning, I thought we'd have enough but I mis-calculated. (plenty for the guests, but not enough for my guys downstairs)

I should be there at 8am tomorrow morning, if not me... you can be damn sure Gasman will be there ! So if you want to squeeze more track time in, get there then. (same for Sunday too)

Once again, be prepared, these races are going to go when we call you... be ready. Charge your batteries ahead of time, make sure your car is together, and get up there when we call you.

imxlr8ed
2006.12.15, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing...

You're going to get one transponder assigned to you for the whole weekend, I would suggest bringing an F1 transponder if you are going to run F1. I have a little tab of velcro on mine, so I can put it in the nose of my racer (just above the front clip.), when I run F1, I'm gonna just slide it between the bumper and the nose, just like I always do.

We had to do the same thing up at the World Cup, it's no big deal if you don't have an F1 transponder... I had my regular sized one taped onto the top of my F1 up there... worked fine.

imxlr8ed
2006.12.15, 11:02 PM
I'm sure the DC crew remembers how to find us... but a tip to the NYC guys.

You'll probably be going South on 422 around the West side of Reading... just remember, it's the Lancaster Avenue exit which will be after the Penn Street exit. The Lancaster Avenue exit is on the left side of the southbound lanes, so get over there after you pass the Penn Street exit, it's about a 1/4 mile past there. Once you go down that exit, you'll be making a right turn under 422 southbound. immediately after that exit is the entrance to Schlegel Park, keep right, you'll see the "barn" on your right. Don't panic if you miss that turn, there's other streets you can turn down.

I'm sure you'll all have maps from online with you... so I'm probably just being paranoid. But the maps never tell you the little nuances of traffic in certain areas. (little things like, getting over on the right side of the highway way before you get to the exit, because it's usually so packed, you'll never make it if you don't)

Directions link:

michvin
2006.12.15, 11:04 PM
I'm sure the DC crew remembers how to find us... but a tip to the NYC guys.

You'll probably be going South on 422 around the West side of Reading... just remember, it's the Lancaster Avenue exit which will be after the Penn Street exit. The Lancaster Avenue exit is on the left side of the southbound lanes, so get over there after you pass the Penn Street exit, it's about a 1/4 mile past there. Once you go down that exit, you'll be making a right turn under 422 southbound. immediately after that exit is the entrance to Schlegel Park, keep right, you'll see the "barn" on your right. Don't panic if you miss that turn, there's other streets you can turn down.

I'm sure you'll all have maps from online with you... so I'm probably just being paranoid. But the maps never tell you the little nuances of traffic in certain areas. (little things like, getting over on the right side of the highway way before you get to the exit, because it's usually so packed, you'll never make it if you don't)

Directions link:

Can you give the mailing address? (Again, sorry.)

imxlr8ed
2006.12.15, 11:21 PM
Can you give the mailing address? (Again, sorry.)

It's on that link, 100 Lancaster Avenue is the closest available address on Mapquest, but that's the diner across the ways. There is no address for the actual facility because it's just a park "pavilion".

Follow the links, you'll be fine. :)

michvin
2006.12.15, 11:52 PM
It's on that link, 100 Lancaster Avenue is the closest available address on Mapquest, but that's the diner across the ways. There is no address for the actual facility because it's just a park "pavilion".

Follow the links, you'll be fine. :)
viva Garmin! it has this address.

arch2b
2006.12.17, 07:46 PM
AWSOME weekend!!

i could go on and on about how great the dow guys are as hosts, they were again, the perfect hosts.

i have lots of pictures to upload and emials to catrch up on so i'll get back to this soon;)

thanks again to everyone who came! it was well worth the trip.

as a hint to how i did, i OWNED in stock class D main :rolleyes: :cool: and promptly got my rear handed to me when bumped up to C main. I ran in the lowest main in each of the other classes. hopefully the dow guys can post all the results. on a personal note, i was not bumed at all about not doing well, it was a great time and i got to meet many forum members. to me that more than made up for my low ranking/average track performance.

EMU
2006.12.17, 09:35 PM
It was a great weekend. I had a blast... The races went smoothly, with relatively no hold ups. Competition was good, and there was no bad chemistry on the track between camps.

Arch, I would like to state that your track courtesy is the best that I have seen. I know it is tough racing on turf that you are not used to (larger faster tracks), and if you dont run very often it is tough. I think you did a good job on the track despite the finishing positions. It was some very tight racing, which I am not very used to either since most of the racing that I do is 3 tiles wide at ActionRC, and very fast with less slow sections. I hope I didnt get into anybody too much... I allways strive to pass clean and avoid contact, however, it is not allways possible...

My main AWD was not setup for this type of track, and I did not want to tear it down and change it just to change it back again... so I started with my backup AWD, 90mm LP500S... which was the first time I ran that body. It felt good, but was not fast enough. . . In mod I tried my main mod car (SLR), with Anima. But it was very glitchy, and not well suited for the track. Day 2 I decided to try my Saleen MR02, but the rear would hop a little, and became a little too unpredictable. I ran my new 3010 equipped 575GTC white body MR02 for mod (X-Speed armature in Atomic BB can with Neo Magnets). It was very fast in the straights, and fairly predictable in the corners and switchbacks. Although the steering was slightly less responsive than I would normally like, it was a little more consistant... I decided to run it for stock and mod in the mains since it was probably my best shot. I used an 8t pinion, since a 9t would give me way too much speed than I could do with. Sai was telling me I should switch the body out to Corvette to have better steering/handling... but michvin was running my Corvette car since he fried his 3010 Enzo last weekend, and won the A main at ARCMS with the Corvette (that car is all about handling, and lacks punch and speed).

I finished B2 in both stock and mod classes... which is a very satisfactory finish considering the competition, and not being adjusted to the narrow lane widths (which I do prefer)... running a track that is mostly 3 tiles wide gives alot of runoff out of the corners, and keeps the speed up. I would have liked to have gotton the bump up... but just didnt have it in me.

The layout was great, and really leveled the playing field between the AWD and 2WD cars. If anything, leading a little for a well tuned AWD. The last section before the straight was particularly tricky, but my favorite section of the track.

Both michvin and his son Eric had an easy adjustment to the track with their AWDs... I based my main AWDs setup using 3Racing tires on the front with GPM 8d rears... the 3Racing tires got NO grip on this track, which is very funny, since I had no grip problems with any other tires. I found running Kyosho 30d radials in the front of my 2nd AWD seemed to work best, while on my main AWD produced traction rolls...

The weekend was great... and I am glad to finally have some faces to add to the names here. I wish there was more time to get to know some of you more... I know I was not the most social person... and I apologize for not being as outgoing as I should have been. I would definitely like to do another GTG sometime soon, maybe mid winter/spring...

michvin
2006.12.17, 10:34 PM
We also would like to thank you guys for organizing this wonderful weekend.
It was a real pleasure to meet in person all of you! Thank you again!

As to competition; I found mself in C main (well, i, due to my own problems had only ~15 minutes of practice/car adjusting before the last qualifier - the only one i managed to get into) with 41 laps, whereas TQ in the A main was with 46 laps. My son luckily did better than me :) Competition was VERY good.

lfisminiz
2006.12.17, 10:46 PM
You guys were ALL a blast to race and talk to. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

lfisminiz
2006.12.17, 10:48 PM
Spoon, thanks for the drive of your drift awd. Thanks to you i ordered my third awd chassis to drift with only. :D Check the shop for the awd chassis set special. ;)

imxlr8ed
2006.12.18, 01:39 AM
Great event... thanks to all... nuff' said !

imxlr8ed
2006.12.18, 02:30 AM
Just kidding... I'll write more...

Thanks to all, once again I am thoroughly impressed with how everyone just did their very best to be a part of the action. I said it on my site, and I'll say it again here...

Best RC Racing anywhere, for more reasons than just the cars !
Long live the Z !

All the people involved make this what it is today, maybe it's the type of car that attracts this many level-headed individuals (myself excluded of course ;) ), but it was incredible how it all came together !

I have to absolutely thank Gasman for all he does for my club, a truer friend and partner in crime couldn't have been asked for. (sniffle... I love you man... blubbering then add snot bubble here. :D ) Enzok as well, for constantly pulling through and being a truly standup guy, no BS... just the straight deal. He may not win them all, but he never stops trying (I always root for the underdog :D ), and always amazes by getting a little smoother and faster everytime he's out there !

I also have to thank my hidden member, a great guy who got this whole thing up to a new level... Rob my web guy ! Doesn't get out to see us much, but helps me out with any request I got.

DC crew... what can I say... Arch, dedicated as always... true asset to the very heart of this scale of racing ! Great meeting all of you DCers, I know I'm gonna see some great laps in the future from you all. I'm on Spoon watch now... I'm sure I'll be in a good melee with him for HFAY Season 3. (just remember, the secret is... there is no secret ;) )

NY crew... ouch... you guys are dangerous in a good way ! We know we'll always have something to shoot for with you all just turning out an amazing performance everytime you're out there ! Willy will always be one of our heroes... smooth, courteous, calm and fast as hell ! SaiTam... Wow, you've really stepped up your game since we first ran into you up there ! EMU... wonderful to race with you again... fast, and getting faster ! Michvin... smooth racing in Mod, I chased you best I could for quite a while, took everything I had to get past you... didn't like getting around you because of a wreck, but I was pushing for that last lap photo finish for a while (I didn't hit him, he got wrapped up in lapped cars, we all had our share :D ) battle well fought ! I'm sure we'll be at it again soon !

Many more to thank, but the clocks reminding me that the ritual of the work week commute looms once again... gotta get at least a few winks before then.

Thanks to all, hope to have many more of these !

(oh, and GTA.45... that's last time I let you use my freshly built MM MR02 to kick my own butt ! I will have my revenge in HFAY at the end of the month little bro ! ) j/k :D

arch2b
2006.12.18, 06:23 AM
...Michvin... smooth racing in Mod, I chased you best I could for quite a while, took everything I had to get past you... didn't like getting around you because of a wreck, but I was pushing for that last lap photo finish for a while (I didn't hit him, he got wrapped up in lapped cars, we all had our share :D ) ...
ithat was all me :( i pulled up to let him pass and pulled up too short in that spot, should have kept about 2 feet forward and turned into a solid road block for him just as you guys came thru the previous turn. i felt soo bad :(

yeah, my secret is out to a larger crowd now :p i am not a superstar racer :rolleyes: i do my best but some just were not born with the skill. in my case i fake it rather well to an extent so i instead try to not impeed those who were faster. i'm still not the best at it as i pulled up in some of the wrong spots, i know i hung up willy once or twice and even sai. they were moving soo fast though is was at times hard for me to judge where they were going to pass me. i really enjoy the experience though and that is why i continue with it.

i have to thank soyverde ofcourse :) it would not have been the easy trip it was if it were not for him, he was nice enough to be our driver for the trip. we certainly have plenty of road trip stories to tell now :p

arch2b
2006.12.18, 06:28 AM
i will be uploading images to dow site and here as i've also made a gallery here for everyone to post any images taken, http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=972

gasman1
2006.12.18, 08:20 AM
Great weekend! Great competition! Really competitive racing and courteous driving. It was a pleasure to finally put a face to the forum names. We are lucky to have a wonderful group of guys racing in this scale and I hope to continue doing this with you all for a long, long time. See you at the next gtg.

Thank you all for coming out and making this a very successful event. Maybe we will finally get a regional this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

arch2b
2006.12.18, 09:36 AM
if you get a pn regional, count dc in for the trip again :)

Old Crow
2006.12.18, 07:42 PM
Again, just a great time, learned alot and met some great people. Thanks again to Dave, Ed and everyone who contributed this weekend.

lfisminiz
2006.12.18, 10:27 PM
Arch, nice pics of the event! ;)

arch2b
2006.12.18, 11:05 PM
thanks, having issues uploading so it's taking forever :( i tried and failed to upload them on dow gallery so that one will come last.

i have plenty more coming so keep looking ;)

it would be very helpful if those in the know could post comments telling who is who in the pictures. if we wait for me it will never happen :rolleyes:

gasman has the results list so need to pair that with the winners pictures as well.

michvin
2006.12.18, 11:45 PM
ithat was all me :( i pulled up to let him pass and pulled up too short in that spot, should have kept about 2 feet forward and turned into a solid road block for him just as you guys came thru the previous turn. i felt soo bad :(

yeah, my secret is out to a larger crowd now :p i am not a superstar racer :rolleyes: i do my best but some just were not born with the skill. in my case i fake it rather well to an extent so i instead try to not impeed those who were faster. i'm still not the best at it as i pulled up in some of the wrong spots, i know i hung up willy once or twice and even sai. they were moving soo fast though is was at times hard for me to judge where they were going to pass me. i really enjoy the experience though and that is why i continue with it.

i have to thank soyverde ofcourse :) it would not have been the easy trip it was if it were not for him, he was nice enough to be our driver for the trip. we certainly have plenty of road trip stories to tell now :p
Hey, don't worry about it! it's not the result - it's the participation that is important. Besides, your courtesy on the track can set an example for all of us! I really enjoyed racing with you and will do that again on first opportunity.

arch2b
2006.12.19, 05:56 AM
exactly! i really enjoy the participation :)

soyverde
2006.12.19, 10:00 AM
It was great racing with you guys, I definitely learned a thing or two along the way, and watching Willy and SaiTam do their thing was a real eye-opener.

Don't let Arch fool you, on the (unfortunately) rare occasion that he is able to practice beetween GTGs, he is capable of dominating the DC club. ;)

Spoon
2006.12.19, 12:01 PM
I don't want to threadjack so I posted a question for the NY guys. I am looking for a place to race while I am back home visiting the fam.

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=247159#post247159

arch2b
2006.12.19, 08:09 PM
finally finished uploading all the images
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=972

SaiTam
2006.12.20, 12:32 PM
Are the results posted?

briankstan
2006.12.20, 12:58 PM
Are the results posted?

I will be posting them at the same time that I post the final results for Season 2 of the OLPS. We will have a minimum of 3 clubs that will have run this track by then. I'll update as/if other clubs run it later.

So far I have the results from DOW,Stafford Racers UK, and Salt Lake Mini-Z will be running this on Dec 28th.

arch2b
2006.12.20, 01:38 PM
after brian post these, i will also post pdf copies in the image gallery for the event.

i'm hoping someone will go back thru the gallery adn add the names to the faces. especially for the winner's pictures taken at the end of the day

gasman1
2006.12.20, 02:05 PM
Arch, how do I go about adding names to the pics?

arch2b
2006.12.20, 02:23 PM
Arch, how do I go about adding names to the pics?
you should see a dialogue box for 'add your comments' or something to that nature at the bottom of the screen when viewing the images filmstrip style. if you can't, let me know and i'll fix it.

gasman1
2006.12.20, 02:42 PM
I filled in what I could. Got all the podium pics etc.

Davey Jones
2006.12.21, 08:39 PM
I didn't see this tread and we had our last race the 16th of this month
our going to make a different Large track for January. As a club
we would love to get involved.
RMXRC

hobbycar
2006.12.21, 09:52 PM
We (the Ann Arbor club) are going to do our AA GTG in a huge warehouse tomorrow. If we can get enough Wide Ls and the Expansion RCP maybe we'll do the same track. If not tomorrow maybe sometime in January.

I'll take video as usual and post it.

How many guys did you have running at a time in the Mains? 6 at a time?

-hobbycar

EMU
2006.12.21, 11:50 PM
We (the Ann Arbor club) are going to do our AA GTG in a huge warehouse tomorrow. If we can get enough Wide Ls and the Expansion RCP maybe we'll do the same track. If not tomorrow maybe sometime in January.

I'll take video as usual and post it.

How many guys did you have running at a time in the Mains? 6 at a time?

-hobbycar
We ran 6 in a main.

The track is a nice layout, good combination of speed and technical sections... Id love to see how the AA guys compare in laps/times...

TheRinger
2006.12.22, 12:36 AM
I just want to say it was a great weekend. The DOW guys can sure host a great event. It was just as much fun to watch as it was to race. It definetly showed how much I suck and how much more I got to learn. But I learned alot and I learned from the best.

hobbycar
2006.12.22, 08:45 AM
We ran 6 in a main.

The track is a nice layout, good combination of speed and technical sections... Id love to see how the AA guys compare in laps/times...

Cool.

I also forgot to ask how long the mains were - 8minutes or 10minutes? (sorry if it was posted earlier in this thread...haven't had time to go thru all 8 pages :)).

-hobbycar

briankstan
2006.12.22, 09:37 AM
Cool.

I also forgot to ask how long the mains were - 8minutes or 10minutes? (sorry if it was posted earlier in this thread...haven't had time to go thru all 8 pages :)).

-hobbycar

8 minute mains. :p also note that some of the rules are different than the standard HFAY rules. Imxlr8ed posted the VTR's in here somewhere.

there is a stock, F1 and mod class.

VTR's are posted here:
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21607

Track Drawing done by imxlr8ed:
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21415

hobbycar
2006.12.22, 06:08 PM
8 minute mains. :p also note that some of the rules are different than the standard HFAY rules. Imxlr8ed posted the VTR's in here somewhere.

there is a stock, F1 and mod class.

VTR's are posted here:
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21607

Track Drawing done by imxlr8ed:
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21415

Thanks Brian. I'm on my way to our AA GTG :D.

-hobbycar

hobbycar
2006.12.23, 12:53 PM
Thanks Brian. I'm on my way to our AA GTG :D.

-hobbycar

Well we didn't run the track this time. We'll try to get it done at our next AA GTG.

-hobbycar

Spoon
2006.12.24, 09:48 AM
hey IMX...did you ever get that 2PL working?

imxlr8ed
2006.12.24, 10:48 AM
:D

Not yet... but I'm sure I will. I still have to reset all my cars... I tore almost all of them apart at the GTG, borrowing pieces from each of them to try to tune what I was running. I'm probably going to do full tear-downs on all of them just to be sure I get them all tuned right.

It sounds like we may be getting some new visitors once in a while, so I've got to get a better Outlaw car together for when they show.

Spoon
2006.12.24, 12:22 PM
imx...I sort of did the same thing tearing down and rebuilding cars to run with the NYC guys at Action RC. I completely tore down my AWD out of frustration but I also dismantled my mod car to try and build a faster "stock" car.

Anyway, I posted my recap of the weekend.

http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/12/dc-crew-decided-to-jump-on-chance-to.html

Ninja
2006.12.24, 12:31 PM
hey IMX, you could always use some JB Weld to add some custom styling to that 2PL :D I used JB Kwik to add a custom "Widebody Kit" to my Toyota Vitz. This thing is now 2MM WIDER than my Enzo :D I am using it on the AWD as a drift car, +3.5N front and +3W rears :D

imxlr8ed
2006.12.24, 01:13 PM
I am the champion RC trash digger !!! (and if I get that thing working... I saved big change !) I was down at Horsham scoping the 10th scale carpet scene yesterday and found alot of, still good in my book, used foam tires ! (mo money... mo money ! :rolleyes: ) I'll be the only driver there with an out-dated TC3... but I hope to give all those Xray T2s a real run for their money next Saturday !

Great write up... I know you're gonna go far with the F1, for just getting a car to handle, and getting used to driving it so quickly, there is sure to be alot of skill on it's way out in the upper HFAY ranks. I'm sure the NYC crew gave you some great tips as well !

See you soon ! I hope the Tofu delivery business really takes off in 2007 for you ! (do you take Paypal ? ;) )

Ninja
2006.12.24, 01:48 PM
Sweet! I also run a TC3 for 1:10 racing. all stock except foam tires, RPM ball cups, and aftermarket shocks. Last race I went to I took the B-Main by 4 laps. I have been thinking about buying a 2PL myself. I currently have the HPI Skyline GT-R body on my car (hasnt been run yet) but here are some pics of my last body.
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/10/29703493199.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3800076)

imxlr8ed
2006.12.24, 01:58 PM
Looks good !, I have a Caddy and an Accord... most racers there run Mazdas, Alfas, and some other type... forget the name right now.

This is really the only reason I'm thinking of racing 10th carpet... these guys can really drive ! (and the possibility of recruiting some new Zers.)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6199658605932637008&hl=en

That's Horsham... in a nutshell.

gasman1
2006.12.24, 02:24 PM
imx...I sort of did the same thing tearing down and rebuilding cars to run with the NYC guys at Action RC. I completely tore down my AWD out of frustration but I also dismantled my mod car to try and build a faster "stock" car.

Anyway, I posted my recap of the weekend.

http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/12/dc-crew-decided-to-jump-on-chance-to.html

nice recap :D

lfisminiz
2006.12.24, 08:06 PM
Nice job spoon. ;)

Spoon
2006.12.25, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys.

michvin
2006.12.26, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys.
If PA track seemed large to you, what were your thoughts when you saw track at ActionRC? ;)

Spoon
2006.12.26, 01:18 PM
If PA track seemed large to you, what were your thoughts when you saw track at ActionRC? ;)

It was a little different at ActionRC. I feel like the layout was a lot less technical with more 3 Tile lanes so I don't think it was as hard to navigate. I feel like I had to work harder on the inside section in PA. I think that the overall speed at Action was noticeably higher so I really suffered when I was driving with a slower motor. Even with a good line it was hard to gain ground on other cars with slightly more power. Overall, I think the Action track was just a little more "fun" but I had a great time at both.

I am actually glad that you asked that question...it's a good leadup to my most recent blog post. (http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/12/action-rc-mini-speedway-staten-island.html)

michvin
2006.12.26, 02:46 PM
Action track is more forgiving. In PA one mistake sends you lap down. Here you have more space to correct mistakes.
And it was nice to drive with you again!