PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo Eneloop rechargables.

razzor
2006.11.07, 07:23 AM
Has anyone used these batts ??
Am interested in the 1000mah batts but not to sure how good they are.

rharris
2006.11.07, 03:31 PM
We have some in our club.

We race 4min qualifiers and 8 min mains. So the extra time the 1000mha may give is never noticed.

The track favorits are - in order or preference

IC3 (just a tad more punch)
Duracel (15min charger is cool, will charge anything. Easy to find at walmart)
Radio Shack (cheep and easy to get, comes with a charger)
Intelect (The best of the best, but spendy)
PN Racing (gatta mail order thease)

I've used them all. I like the IC3's for the 4min qual, and I use Duracel's for 8min mains.

The IC3's tend to drop off a bit after 6min, the duracel's give even performance for the full 8min.

Just my $0.02

ChattavegasSE
2006.11.07, 05:18 PM
I tried out a set of 1000mAH Duracells at last week's race night. I charged them on my Energizer 15-minute charger and they had more punch than any of my 850mAH Energizers or 700mAH XMods batteries. I ran them for close to an hour before it was time to leave; the one set of batteries showed only the slightest fade after all that time. I would recommend these Duracells. :cool:

As for the IC3's, several guys in our club have had problems with some of the cells; it seems like the IC3 cells are more prone to failure than even my 4-year-old XMods batteries. :o

rharris
2006.11.07, 05:56 PM
As for the IC3's, several guys in our club have had problems with some of the cells; it seems like the IC3 cells are more prone to failure than even my 4-year-old XMods batteries. :o

I second that on the IC3's. I love them, but the fail more then any other cell I've used. Also the 15min charger will only charge IC3's in 15min. But the little extra punch is addicting. :D

ChattavegasSE
2006.11.07, 06:29 PM
Little extra punch, huh? I had to make some set-up changes to cope with the extra power these new Duracell's put out. :eek:

leonen
2006.11.08, 06:08 AM
But what about the Eneloops you guys???

Ain't this thread about eneloops? }

I'm also interested in knowing someone else's experience.....

ChattavegasSE
2006.11.08, 07:56 PM
It seems that's the only battery with which no one has experience! :p :p I gotta say, I'm anxious to see how long I can run these new Duracells tomorrow night. :cool:

razzor
2006.11.09, 11:41 AM
So for now the Duracells look good, will have to see who is local distributor.
Thanks

wsaenotsock
2006.11.09, 05:29 PM
I almost bought a set but went with some Sanyo 1000's instead.

gnehcoel
2006.11.12, 10:17 PM
So for now the Duracells look good, will have to see who is local distributor.
Thanks

For the 1000 mah Duracells ... you can get it at Target. =) I have also tried the IC3 - it has the punch ... but the punch does not last long and sometimes ... after charging ... it just does not work. You will have to kinda charge again and wait a bit before using it ...