PDA

View Full Version : iwaver 01

gazf
2006.11.08, 04:42 AM
Hi people im new to iwavers
Ive just brought a iwaver01 from a uk shop on the net and i must say i love it its great fun,
my questions are as follows,

What can i mod on it and were can i get them from?

What bodys can i get for it and were from?

Could i use xmods body kits and upgrade parts on it?

What rechargable battaries are best for the car?

Thanks for any comments
Gaz

Jonny
2006.11.08, 07:22 AM
Hi people im new to iwavers
Ive just brought a iwaver01 from a uk shop on the net and i must say i love it its great fun,
my questions are as follows,

What can i mod on it and were can i get them from?

What bodys can i get for it and were from?

Could i use xmods body kits and upgrade parts on it?

What rechargable battaries are best for the car?

Thanks for any comments
Gaz
Hi Gaz and welcome,

First of all let me say - come and practice/race with us! We're a small group with RCP racetrack and Core Lap Timing System. We have plenty of knowledge on the various Iwaver and Mini Z cars too, with plenty on hand for you to try ;)

Take a look here and bring your friends and family too:

Stafford Mini Z Racers (http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=242593#post242593)

As to your questions:

1, 2 & 3 You can mod a lot on these, the Iwaver 01 will accept all Mini Z MR-01 hopups. Try the shop here or E-Mail me for info on other UK suppliers by clicking on my username and then the 'Send E-Mail' option.

Most X-Mod gear won't be compatible with your car - contact me and I can suggest just as cheap ways of hopping up with parts designed for the 01.

As for rechargeables, go for Ni-MH (Nickel Metal Hydride) AAA's any from 700mah - 1000mah at the moment are perfect, the higher the number the longer they will last generally but some lower specced batteries are more punchy for driving. If you want to go into detail, do a search on batteries, rechargeables etc, as there is lots of info here.

Look forward to hearing/helping,

Jonny

gazf
2006.11.08, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info mate

my i ask what 10th scales you use mate as im looking into getting a tamiya tt-01 for bashing around and drifting and maybe abit of racing

Jonny
2006.11.08, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info mate

my i ask what 10th scales you use mate as im looking into getting a tamiya tt-01 for bashing around and drifting and maybe abit of racing
Sorry Gaz,

None of us run any 1:10th. I used to have a TC3 Factory Team edition which was real nice but the small scale stuff is more fun to be honest!

Get youself an AWD Mini Z and you can both race and drift it ;)

Come over on Sunday and try one out for yourself. Anyone can take part for free first time around aswell.

Jonny

gazf
2006.11.08, 11:52 AM
Thanks mate ill try and c if i can get over to ya.

Weres the best place to look for shells for my iwaver01 and whats the first mod that you recommend

Jonny
2006.11.08, 12:53 PM
Thanks mate ill try and c if i can get over to ya.

Weres the best place to look for shells for my iwaver01 and whats the first mod that you recommend
I don't know if the shop here has 01 shells for you. There are various places that you can source them online.

First 'mod' is a new set of tyres, depending on where you're running. Then I'd go Bearings and maybe a Carbon H-Plate. It all really depends on what you want from it. Setting up an 01 is a whole topic in itself.

You've got mail.

Jonny

gazf
2006.11.09, 02:58 AM
Thanks mate

You have email too

gazf
2006.11.09, 03:07 AM
Whats the best tyres to use on wooden floors (Sports halls/gyms)

And am i right by saying that KYOSHO MINI-Z upgrade parts will fit my iwaver01

But which one the MR01 or the MR02

Jonny
2006.11.09, 06:29 AM
Whats the best tyres to use on wooden floors (Sports halls/gyms)

And am i right by saying that KYOSHO MINI-Z upgrade parts will fit my iwaver01

But which one the MR01 or the MR02
Hi mate,

You are right, the Kyosho parts are compatible aswell as the 3rd party manufacturers and you want any aimed at the MR-01.

As for tyres, the lower the degree the softer and more grippy as a general rule. I'd start with 8 deg all round. Usually you go softer in the rear and slightly higher up front for track use. You can kit it out for little money at the UK link I gave you.

Then come and practice with us on the track ;)

Jonny

gazf
2006.11.09, 09:16 AM
Thanks mate i took a look at some of those links and they have more than enough mod opitions for me to start.

Im looking at the evo shell to start with and some tyres

Do the bearings on the MR 01 fit? Am i right by saying the iwavers have 3mm plastic ones

Jonny
2006.11.09, 12:46 PM
Thanks mate i took a look at some of those links and they have more than enough mod opitions for me to start.

Im looking at the evo shell to start with and some tyres

Do the bearings on the MR 01 fit? Am i right by saying the iwavers have 3mm plastic ones

Yep, 3mm is right. Any bearings for the Mini Z or Iwaver/Firelap range will fit your car. They come in sets of seven for the racers. You can buy all sorts from inexpensive to expensive but they are an improvement over the stock plastic bushings.

Jonny

gazf
2006.11.10, 02:30 AM
Thanks mate

What iwavers havbe you got.

Have you got any pics and mod lists for them
Just would like to see that other racers do with there iwavers etc

Jonny
2006.11.10, 03:52 AM
Thanks mate

What iwavers havbe you got.

Have you got any pics and mod lists for them
Just would like to see that other racers do with there iwavers etc
Hi Gaz,

To be honest, I did try out the Firelap 2.0 readyset and all that exists still is the transmitter which gets used due to the model memory and adjustment features!

For pics and info on these I'd suggest to go back to the very beginning of this Iwaver thread and work your way through for what you need, as it has all been covered before - remember the Iwaver/Firelap's that are in circulation are copies of the original Kyosho versions, so everything that you see in those threads also would apply relating to first mods to buy etc.

If you want to find something specific, use the search feature on the forum also.

Sorry to be vague but it would be going over topics which already exist ;)

Jonny

gazf
2006.11.10, 10:49 AM
No worrys mate i understand but if i didnt ask i wouldnt know :)