PDA

View Full Version : Two broken MR01 boards...can I make one good one?

Spoon
2006.11.14, 11:29 PM
Hello all,

I have two MR01 boards that have different things wrong with them. I would like to try and get one working so I have a demo car for the local racing.

PCB1:

Tried to do a FET replacement and one of the FET's burned as soon as I turn it on. I may try to do it again if I decide I want to sacrifice some FETs. Th eboard looks a little beat up in general. I think the negative power pad is starting to lift.

PCB2:

Range issue. I have tried all of he obvious things (TX, xtal, etc) but I think someone must have been working on this board while the batteries were in it. I don't knwo the history of this one but I lose control of it after about 10 ft.

What I am hoping is that there is something burned out on board 2 that I can replace with a part form board 1. Does anyone know which component gets fried if the antenna gets shorted? Hopefully I can pull that part from PCB1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Draconious
2006.11.15, 09:09 AM
If your lucky the only part that fried on board 2, is the little chip that is first inline comming from the antenna... a diode/resistor/fuse/capacitor of sorts... I have no clue what it is lol. See if it looks burnt...

but it would be better to take the fets (Servo) from board 2 and put them on board 1, and do a bypass around the broken fet pads, unless it is super ultra beat up...

Spoon
2006.11.15, 09:17 AM
If your lucky the only part that fried on board 2, is the little chip that is first inline comming from the antenna... a diode/resistor/fuse/capacitor of sorts... I have no clue what it is lol. See if it looks burnt...

I think that part is a capacitor but I don't actually know. You are talking about the part that is basically right next to the pad for the antenna right? I'll take a picture later today.

It didn't look burnt but I tried to jumper it and the range isn't any better. That's what's really confusing me... :confused:

but it would be better to take the fets (Servo) from board 2 and put them on board 1, and do a bypass around the broken fet pads, unless it is super ultra beat up...

All of the FET pads are okay, it's actually the negative power pad that's got some issues. I have some FETs I could use to test it out but I don't really want to throw away another $5 in FETs if they burn out right away.

I may just try to fix board 1 again first before I write it off completely.

Ninja
2006.11.16, 11:06 AM
adjust the range filter on board 2, there is nothing wrong with it, also you can boost your signal from your radio if you dont mind removing a sticker from the rear of the casing. if you need instructions you can reply here and I will help you out.