PDA

View Full Version : Stock kyosho bumper damages after a few races

Bandie
2006.11.15, 12:19 PM
Hi folks,
on our racetrack the kyosho fromt bumpers damages after a few races.
These parts are cheap as spare (about 6 EUR).

1.) Do you have hints to increase their lifetime or
install better bumpers, maybe selfmade? (don't tell about better driving ;) )

2.)Has someone experience with the atomic bumper combination /blue alloy/carbon?

3.)Has someone experience with the GPM 1mm carbon plate bumper?

machine
2006.11.15, 12:23 PM
Buy the kyosho bumper protector it's cheal and clear. The GPM carbon ones doesn't look like it would work. One F1 driver had one installed and the front wing and bumper guard blew apart on first contact with the boards.

The Atomic one looks nice but compared to the clear plastic one from Kyosho it's looks like bling.

cowboysir
2006.11.15, 07:39 PM
I've broken the GPM carbon bumper...it's not as strong as stock so I would recommend checking the Atomic one. ;)

grymg
2007.02.13, 01:16 PM
Same thing with me at my first race. No such thing as driving "careful" because there's always going to be racing incidents when the green flag drops.

First, I clipped a section of RCP wall and my tie rod broke. So I ordered an Atomic alum. one and it's coming in soon.

Then, I noticed that where the clear bumper plate screws onto the front wing from the bottom - the section is not beefy enough and it started cracking after several front end hits. Eventually the screw and wing ripped through the bumper and the left front wing broke off, then later on the right front wing breaks off.

Lastly, I'm running without a front wing (just the clear bumper plate on) and then the clear bumper plate just folds over itself. I'm ordering the Atomic one and it's coming in soon.

I also ordered spare front wings. Have yet to see the rear wing or rear rims get damaged.

Constantly learning!

techno
2007.02.13, 05:53 PM
my fav fix is this take some srink wrap tubing about 1/4 in daimeter cut it the width of the front tires shoe goo or rubber cement it to the front bumper it acts as a shock absorber and a nuckle /tierod protector for rcp and even will help keep you out from under the rails may not look as pretty as some of the other options but works very well it also comes in diffrent colors

FasterTHANu
2007.02.14, 06:44 PM
What I've done when I noticed cracks appeared where the clear bumper screw holes are, is to glue some clear plastic over the hole with some med. ca. Then ream out the plastic covering the hole. The plastic I use is like the clear stiff stuff that the MR02 chassis set comes in. It has held up so far and the cracks haven't spread. I'm gonna do my extra bumpers the same way as for sure nothing lasts forever.

grymg
2007.02.15, 04:03 PM
What I've done when I noticed cracks appeared where the clear bumper screw holes are, is to glue some clear plastic over the hole with some med. ca. Then ream out the plastic covering the hole. The plastic I use is like the clear stiff stuff that the MR02 chassis set comes in. It has held up so far and the cracks haven't spread. I'm gonna do my extra bumpers the same way as for sure nothing lasts forever.

Can you take a picture? Thanks!