PDA

View Full Version : Battery charging

bolter9
2006.11.16, 01:43 PM
Quick question-

I'm using an MRC Superbrain 959 charger for my batts. I usually charge 8 AAA cells at 1.0 amps. Anyone know if it's safe to charge them at a higher amperage? How about AAs?

Thanks!

pchan0
2006.11.16, 01:58 PM
Quick question-

I'm using an MRC Superbrain 959 charger for my batts. I usually charge 8 AAA cells at 1.0 amps. Anyone know if it's safe to charge them at a higher amperage? How about AAs?

Thanks!

Depending which batteries you have, I charge Intellects at around 0.9amps, GP850 at 1.2amps. I also have some matched IB750 that I can only charge at 0.75amp as they have too much punch.

For AA I assume they are for transmitter? 1 - 1.2amps are okay.

These are my settings only so it might not be the best.

briankstan
2006.11.16, 01:59 PM
Quick question-

Thanks!

the Enegizer 15minute charger charges at 3 amps. The batteries get hot even with the little fan. The heat will degrade the batteries over time. I'll use it when I need to charge lots of batteries.

I usually charge my good batteries on my ICE at .9amp for both AA and AAA's

so you can, but I would recommed a fan to dissipate as much of the heat as possible.

bolter9
2006.11.16, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the replys guys- sounds like I'm better off sticking with 1 amp.

For the record I've got a few AAA sets of Energizers, Radio Shack (xmod pack), and Duracell.

My AAs are Energizers and Rayovac.

Thanks again.