Racing Starts: 1:00pm

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours):
-------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Sat (non-race day) - 10:30am - 4:00pm
Sat (race day) 10:30am to start of races

Classes:
-------------
All classes open to any 1/28th scale cars (X-Mod, I-Waver, Mini-Z)
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Open

Cost:
-------------
$5.00 per class

Notes:
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- RCP Track (2 wide L's).
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We may run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

pinoyboy
2006.11.18, 05:29 PM
I got my carlier earlier this week, and practiced running on the track today. It feels good! I talk to my brother, and he sounds interested. The only car he has is a lithium xmod, so I might try to build him and mini z out of some scrap parts I got with mine.

Although, if somebody has an extra stock motor, I might need to borrow.
I stopped running the car because it just wouldn't move anymore. I'm thinking its the brushes, but if I changed them out, I only have aftermarket carbon brushes. So then it wouldn't be classisfied as a stock motor anymore right?

AtlRC
2006.11.18, 08:47 PM
I got my carlier earlier this week, and practiced running on the track today. It feels good! I talk to my brother, and he sounds interested. The only car he has is a lithium xmod, so I might try to build him and mini z out of some scrap parts I got with mine.

Although, if somebody has an extra stock motor, I might need to borrow.
I stopped running the car because it just wouldn't move anymore. I'm thinking its the brushes, but if I changed them out, I only have aftermarket carbon brushes. So then it wouldn't be classisfied as a stock motor anymore right?

Cool! Sounds good. Bring your brother. I believe I have an extra motor. If not, Shaun probably does. If there is anything else you need, someone will probably have it. I don't think that putting different brushes in the motor would change the classification of the motor... at least not while racing with us. Hope to see you and your brother soon!

Shaun
2006.11.19, 03:56 PM
How long as the motor been run? It takes forever to wear the stock brushes out. It might just need to be cleaned.

Feel free to change the brushes if you like. You can still run the stock class.

See everyone Saturday.

pinoyboy
2006.11.19, 04:13 PM
I think it was my board. I got an extra stock pcb with the car and it runs fine now. Its wierd, it was running good and later it just wouldn't move anymore. I suspect its the FETs but it doesn't make sense since this was only a stock motor.

bemoore
2006.11.20, 11:47 AM
I won't be able to make this one. Inlaws are coming.

BTW, anyone placing an order soon from someone who carries the VDS bodies?

Shaun
2006.11.20, 12:31 PM
I won't be able to make this one. Inlaws are coming.

BTW, anyone placing an order soon from someone who carries the VDS bodies?

Bring them with you!! :p :)

I'm all stocked up on Mini-Z stuff right now. Just ordered some things for my 1/10 Touring car.

AtlRC
2006.11.20, 01:59 PM
I have given a list of Kyosho Mini-Z part numbers to Miguel. He is going to place an order with Kyosho and try to have them here for this next race. There should be several spare parts, lots of tires, and possibly a few complete cars for sale as well.

I'm still trying to get a dealership with Atomic. So far they haven't responded at all. It looks like I will have a dealership with PN-Racing products soon.

wsaenotsock (Kevin): Could you send me an e-mail with your e-mail address so that I can put you on our mailing list (that is if you want me to). If you would like to send me Neil's as well, I will put him on the list too. I send out reminders of when our next race will be and any other info that may be important to our racing.

hpgod (Art): Ditto.

Thanks,
-Patrick

hpgod
2006.11.20, 03:12 PM
I measured the offsets and to place a MR02 diff in a mr01 I needed +1 wheels on the left and +3 on the right to get the same track width as a stock diff when running an PN Mr01 diff mount with 0 offset wheels. I should be in this time. My family is leaving saterday mourning back to Ohio.

wsaenotsock
2006.11.20, 04:09 PM
Patrick,

My email address is kevinp@charter.net

Neil's is nmay4584@yahoo.com

Another guy that might race this weekend is David his is dxbz28@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Shaun
2006.11.24, 11:32 AM
Final Roll Call

Who plans on racing Saturday?

AtlRC
2006.11.24, 11:51 AM
Final Roll Call

Who plans on racing Saturday?

I'll be there! :)

pinoyboy
2006.11.24, 04:20 PM
I'm going too. Also, we should have $5 to race and $10 for the transponder right?

wsaenotsock
2006.11.24, 09:18 PM
I'll be there with a stock car again.

Ninja
2006.11.24, 10:56 PM
I measured the offsets and to place a MR02 diff in a mr01 I needed +1 wheels on the left and +3 on the right to get the same track width as a stock diff when running an PN Mr01 diff mount with 0 offset wheels.

toss an extra bearing on the diff side of the shaft, this will bring it out to the width you need for the 01 pod. I did it last week at our club race, and everything worked great.

AtlRC
2006.11.24, 11:15 PM
I'm going too. Also, we should have $5 to race and $10 for the transponder right?

Just $5 will do for now. I was not able to get any new transponders so I will not have any to sell yet.

Note to everyone: We will be ordering new transponders when they become available. We will then require everyone to buy one. This way we will avoid having to re-setup each transponder for each race. You will have your own with your own personal information recorded on it. The price will most likely be around $15.00 each. I will still have a few to loan out temporarily for new people or those who may join us from out of town for a single race.

See ya tomorrow.
-Patrick

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.11.28, 11:09 PM
Just wondering if you are able to get the transponders before the next race. And also if you can post the pics of the cars and the results from the last race we just had :)

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.11.28, 11:10 PM
Can you post the results and the pics you took from the last race plz....ALso are you gonna be able to get the transponders for the next race

Shaun
2006.11.29, 10:09 AM
HELLO!! Anybody here?

AtlRC
2006.11.29, 10:41 AM
Just wondering if you are able to get the transponders before the next race. And also if you can post the pics of the cars and the results from the last race we just had :)

Sorry for the delay! I've not been home much at all since Saturday. Been working a lot on some real estate projects... gotta make some money to fulfill the big dream of the racing center / shop that I was talking about ;). We'll get there!

I'll be home later tonight and will post the results and pics then. I'll make it my policy to start posting results immediatley after racing. I know everyone likes to go home and check them out.

I'm going to try to order the transponders for next race as well. Last time, they only had 1 in stock. I'll try again.

Next race will be Saturday, Dec 9th. I'll post the event for that tonight as well.

With any luck, at the next race, we should have some Kyosho parts and supplies for sale at the shop. Miguel is dealing with Kyosho now to get setup as a dealer and order parts. I gave him a list of things he should probably start out with. He may have already placed an order. We should then have an assortment of tires, chassis parts, maybe some bodies, and a few kits as well.

-Patrick

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.11.29, 03:19 PM
Cool deal....cant wait.....thanks again patrick for getting this going at his shop and BTW IF YOU HAVE A 1/18th scale BRING IT WITH YOU....I WILL BE BRINGING MINE

AtlRC
2006.11.30, 12:08 AM
Stock A-Main Heat 1 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/112506-StockAMainHeat1.htm)

Stock A-Main Heat 2 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/112506-StockAMainHeat2.htm)

Stock B-Main Heat 1 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/112506-StockBMainHeat1.htm)

Stock B-Main Heat 2 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/112506-StockBMainHeat2.htm)

AtlRC
2006.11.30, 12:11 AM
I just got home a little while ago and it's late, so I'll post pics tomorrow evening. See y'all later.