PDA

View Full Version : mr-01 setup help

beemer123
2006.11.21, 11:33 PM
hi, i really need help in setting up my mr-01. I've done all parts modification, but when i run my car it seems that it turns in corners too quick and sometimes when i turn the steering too hard it spins.Plus my car doesnt run straight,i've tried setting the trim on remote control,it did help but when i go full throttle, the back end of my car seems to go sideway. What set up can i do to my car or my remote control, i'm using Ex-1 mars.Thanx

herman
2006.11.22, 01:17 AM
where do you run? and what type of tires do you have?

i'd look into those first... stock tires are pretty slippery... go for softer compound tires...

during turns... it's usually slow in and fast out... anything full throttle will cause you to spin out... some practice on throttle control and you will get the hang of it...

another thing is to try dialing out the end point steering settings so it won't spin out too much... in the original tx, i'd dial mine in to about 5-7 (out of 10) i think on the mars, it's a percentage... i.e. 50%-60%... or probably a value...

hope this helps...

Ninja
2006.11.22, 10:46 AM
on the 01 I would say that the setup in 50% tires and 50% suspension. I had alot of success with this setup, Hard CF H-Plate, standard knuckles and tie-rod, NO SPRINGS in the front, 8* tires in the rear, and 30* tires in the front. this setup makes the car low in the front to improve handeling, but tossing on the 30* tires keeps it from traction-rolling, and the rear is just the opposite, the 8* tires in the rear keep the car on rails, while the stiffer rear suspension keeps the car from rolling to the side whern cornering.

I had this setup on an all stock 01, with r-34 skyline body, wide rears, narrow fronts with 0 offset all around, this thing was fast enough on our RCP track to keep up with the 02s. It was so fast that cornering on the 90* turns was amazing to watch, it would lift the inside front tire off of the track and hold it in the air for 2-3 feet coming out of the turns.

stuZ
2006.11.22, 12:47 PM
I had alot of success with this setup, Hard CF H-Plate, standard knuckles and tie-rod, NO SPRINGS in the front, 8* tires in the rear, and 30* tires in the front.

no springs at all? or just stock springs? with the stabilizer bar or not?

Ninja
2006.11.22, 01:00 PM
none at all, and yes leave the stabilizer in or use a limiter on top of the knuckle as some bodies will rub if you dont limit the suspension travel.

stuZ
2006.11.22, 02:23 PM
none at all, and yes leave the stabilizer in or use a limiter on top of the knuckle as some bodies will rub if you dont limit the suspension travel.
wow, somethin' else!

beemer123
2006.11.22, 10:37 PM
hey guys , problems solved thanks!!! I just found out that there were some plastics stuck betw the servo gear, no wonder the steering was not precise and spontaneous.Now i can control my car!!!

Ninja
2006.11.22, 11:55 PM
you should try it sometime stuZ, I couldnt believe it either, after spending alot of money on stuff I never really needed.