PDA

View Full Version : MiniZ I-Series...

HaCo
2006.11.28, 10:50 AM
Hi,

Could you explain what the MiniZ I-Series are please? One started already a thread here: http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=244904 but I don't know if you answer posts there, so I've put the question here...

One thing I'm sure: they are $20 less expensive...

Thanks,
HaCo

Tim Johnson
2006.11.28, 01:01 PM
Hi,

Could you explain what the MiniZ I-Series are please? One started already a thread here: http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=244904 but I don't know if you answer posts there, so I've put the question here...

One thing I'm sure: they are $20 less expensive...

Thanks,
HaCo

The PCB board is a far cheaper board, it will not have breaks, Forward and Reverse only. The board will not handle as many amps as the standard PCB board. The TX is a little different as well. Everything elese is the same

locwan
2006.11.28, 03:10 PM
Tim, do you mean that the fets are different on the pcb? If so, do you know what they are?

bnwhtlw
2006.11.28, 03:13 PM
Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say they are similar to the firelap boards, (yes I will bite my tongue now) Like the cheapie chinese boards that you can get from one of this sites competitors, @tomic mods. Though Im sure they will have the kyosho quality controll so they already win in my book. (been burned by the firelaps myself...pun intended)

Tim Johnson
2006.11.28, 03:13 PM
Tim, do you mean that the fets are different on the pcb? If so, do you know what they are?

I have been told they have a different fet. I have not checked with my own eyes.

locwan
2006.11.28, 03:19 PM
I have been told they have a different fet. I have not checked with my own eyes.

I'm keeping my eye on this, as I'm looking to purchase a new chassis. Brakes aren't a very important feature in this scale IMO.. and fets can always be replaced later on if necessary. However, I'd like to know that everything else is the same quality as the current boards and the cost cuts doesn't affect the way it drives.

Please update us with any new info that you come across, thanks.

bnwhtlw
2006.11.28, 03:22 PM
Id like to specifically know if the steering circuitry is the exact same, cuz the afore mentioned boards are not fet based in the same way as z boards.

Tim Johnson
2006.11.28, 03:43 PM
Id like to specifically know if the steering circuitry is the exact same, cuz the afore mentioned boards are not fet based in the same way as z boards.

Another difference is that the PCB board is manufactured in China instead of Japan.

overlandbasher
2006.11.28, 06:20 PM
Another difference is that the PCB board is manufactured in China instead of Japan.
we need tokyo drift bodies for the ma010 can you get the ball rolling on this :D

thanks tim u the man ;)

mini-zracer.nl
2006.11.29, 11:18 AM
So, Tim, when I'm speaking in non-technical terms, the I-series have no brake function but besides that, they perform like the MR-015/02 before they got the 3010 FET's?

kevo1036
2006.11.30, 03:42 PM
Any news on what FETs they have or how they handle compared to the other MR-015 and MR-02's?

michvin
2006.11.30, 05:34 PM
there's also MR-02i apparently. The only difference is the chassis?

Draconious
2006.12.29, 12:43 AM
dont have anything to do with the cheap I-Waver PCBs does it?

I-Series... why is it called I-Series? :) The I means what?

Ninja
2006.12.29, 01:39 AM
the I stands for "I want a cheaper alternative to buying a whole chassis for the board alone"

HammerZ
2006.12.29, 06:47 AM
The TX is a little different as well.

Am I the only one that caught the TX part? Can the i series use the standard TX's or not? That's the big question.

Ninja
2006.12.29, 08:34 AM
it is probably just the older KT-2 radio, or a knock-off like Iwaver used to have.

Tim Johnson
2006.12.29, 12:50 PM
it is probably just the older KT-2 radio, or a knock-off like Iwaver used to have.

You can still use other 27 mhz radios. If you were to change out the PCB you will have a Normal Mini-z.

cdog4w
2006.12.29, 03:44 PM
Aside from motor fets and lacking brakes, what other differences are there with the board?

With a fet replacement, will it be the same quality as the higher end line of mini-z boards (brakes aside)?

Tim Johnson
2006.12.29, 04:08 PM
With a fet replacement, will it be the same quality as the higher end line of mini-z boards (brakes aside)?

With a PCB board replacement, you will be at the same level as the standard mini-z

cdog4w
2006.12.29, 04:57 PM
With a PCB board replacement, you will be at the same level as the standard mini-z

I meant if you kept the board that came with the nascar/I-series and replaced the motor fets.

Either way, sounds like a good intro for people to get into mini-z, I think that $100 price point will do some wonders for some areas. I look forward to hearing more details :)

HammerZ
2006.12.29, 10:22 PM
You can still use other 27 mhz radios.

Thanks Tim, this is all I wanted to know. As long as you can use the standard AM controlers. As I have a few on hand that can be used as loaners, when these sell more around here.