Racing Starts: 1:00pm

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours):
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Sat (non-race day) - 10:30am - 4:00pm
Sat (race day) 10:30am to start of races

Classes:
-------------
All classes open to any 1/28th scale cars (X-Mod, I-Waver, Mini-Z)
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Open

Cost:
-------------
$5.00 per class

Notes:
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- RCP Track (2 wide L's).
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

AtlRC
2006.11.30, 03:48 PM
I would like to discuss a points series beginning at this race.

A few things that we will need to determine are:

Length of this season - I'm thinking the winter season should possibly run through the end of April or May.
Schedule for the season - After we determine the end of the season, I'll post the race dates.
# of races to throw out - How many of the total races shall we look at to determine a drivers total points.
Prizes - I do plan on having some kind of nice prize(s?) at the end of the season. Should we award prizes for points or should we raffle them off for those who attend a certain number of the races (I think I favor the raffle).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
-Patrick

wsaenotsock
2006.12.02, 09:49 PM
I think 10 races would be good amount with two or three throwouts. Hard to say with the prizes, maybe something for both. Those who make seven or eight out of the 10 get put into the raffle and then something for points winners. Do you think an open class will be ran regularly? The track is pretty tight for anything much faster than stock. I enjoyed when everyone was running in the stock class.

Just thoughts...

pinoyboy
2006.12.02, 10:21 PM
I think 10 races would be good amount with two or three throwouts. Hard to say with the prizes, maybe something for both. Those who make seven or eight out of the 10 get put into the raffle and then something for points winners. Do you think an open class will be ran regularly? The track is pretty tight for anything much faster than stock. I enjoyed when everyone was running in the stock class.

Just thoughts...

I was hoping for an open class too, but running stock is pretty fun. I'm probably just gonna go ahead and sell my modifed mr-02 so I can pick up an ma-010 and run that.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.12.04, 01:32 AM
I suggest that if the point series is gonna happen...and we find out how many races will be in it...that we change layouts for every race so noone has an advantage over someone else. Everyone will have to learn the new layout at the same time. Cause some learn the drive line faster than others. THink it will be better this way And there are alot of track designs we can do with 2 wide L kits.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the input!

Please read this and if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please let me know by the end of today. I’ll then make a post tonight as to the official season, classes, and prizes.

As for the season:
---------------------------
10 races sound about right Kevin. That would allow us to race through the end of April. So let's say we hold 10 races and throw out 3. If anyone is not familiar with what "throw outs" means, that means that out of 10 races, each person's points will be based on their best 7 races.

Here is what the schedule would look like.

Dec 8th
Dec 23rd - No Race - Xmas weekend
Jan 6th
Jan 20th
Feb 3rd
Feb 17th
Mar 3rd
Mar 17th
Mar 31st
April 14th
April 28th

As for classes:
---------------------
For the rest of this year, as far as points and prizes are concerned, I think we'll stick with stock class only. We can always run different classes (Novice, X-Mod, etc.) if there are at least 2 people that want to. As far as running a modified (or open) class, Shaun and I both attempted to run modified motors last year on my track which is roughly the same size as the one we are running on now. We both decided that we stood a better chance of beating each other with stock motors. We could consistently turn better lap times. So I think stock is perfect for a track this size. In the future, "when" we have a larger track, I think we'll probably want to run a modified (open) class. So with that said, if we wind up running any other classes this year besides stock, there will not be any prizes for the points of those classes (that is if we even kept points for those classes).

As for the track configuration:
--------------------------------------------
We will mix up the track layout. I do think that’s a good idea Chad, thanks for reminding me. I’d rather change the layout every 2 or 3 events though (what do others think). When we do change the layout, I think we should change it immediately after en event so that the new layout is available for practice up until the next race.

As for the prizes:
--------------------------
At the end of the season, we will award prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in the points standings. I haven't determined exactly what these prizes will be yet, but I'm thinking along the lines of hop-up parts and accessories.

We will also hold a raffle for one “big” prize. Anyone attending at least 7 of the 10 races will be eligible for the raffle of… drum roll please… a brand new…. yes, you guessed it… a brand new Kyosho Mini-Z (the type of Mini-Z will be announced soon).

I will not participate in the prizes (raffle or points). If I would happen to get one of the top three points positions, the prizes will just filter down to next people in line.

I hope this sounds good! I’m open (for a bit longer) to any other suggestions, so if you would like to offer additional comments, please do so soon.

Thanks,
-Patrick

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 10:23 AM
I was hoping for an open class too, but running stock is pretty fun. I'm probably just gonna go ahead and sell my modifed mr-02 so I can pick up an ma-010 and run that.

You might want to hang on to the 02 since we are mainly running a stock class. The 010 running a stock motor appears to me to have a hard time keeping up with (speed wise) the lighter and less rolling resistant 02's. What do you think Kevin?

If we were running an modified or open class, I think the 010 would shine. If we had enough to run a mod 010 class (only need a couple of people), I think that would be a lot of fun. I believe the AWD and mod motors would handle a smaller track better than the 2WD cars.

Don't let me stop you from getting one though... it is a very cool car! Maybe after Xmas, enough people will have them to run a mod class... and like I said, it only takes a couple. I'll get one eventually too.

Later,
-Patrick

pinoyboy
2006.12.04, 10:33 AM
I 've got 2 stock MR-02s now, one with the supra body, and the other with the VDS body. I'd like to get an ma-010 though just to try something different.
Your right about the modified cars on the track, they're harder to make consistant lap times with.

Also, just like to say I got my bro an mr-02 chassis! No more xmod for him. Were probably going to the track before this saturday so he can see how it is, and maybe join us saturday.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 12:05 PM
I 've got 2 stock MR-02s now, one with the supra body, and the other with the VDS body. I'd like to get an ma-010 though just to try something different.
Your right about the modified cars on the track, they're harder to make consistant lap times with.

Also, just like to say I got my bro an mr-02 chassis! No more xmod for him. Were probably going to the track before this saturday so he can see how it is, and maybe join us saturday.

Oh yeah, I forgot you had 2 02's. Yeah, then by all means, get an 010 and we have the start of another class. I bet others will follow soon.

Cool about your brother. I hope he joins us!

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.12.04, 01:08 PM
The setup you have works fine for me. But how will the points be awarded for each race?

BRING YOUR MRS4 Patrick if its working.

Shaun
2006.12.04, 01:16 PM
Just so everyone knows what motor is the "STOCK" motor. It's the motor that comes in the Mini-Z Readysets. Any other motor is not legal for STOCK class. Get ready to race! ;)

Available here in the shop.
Kyosho Mini-Z Stock Motor $11.99
TRCID: KYO-MZ9

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.12.04, 01:22 PM
the Atomic Stock motor will be legal right?

wsaenotsock
2006.12.04, 01:37 PM
The stock motor in the MA-010 is junk in my opinion. It overheats after a few laps (really slows down) and it's not even that fast to begin with (can't even tell magnets are in the can). There are a lot more parts to get moving with the AWD and the stock motor can't cut it. I have a PN AWD Speedy(bushing can) in there now with neo magnets and it's way faster and barely gets warm after running it hard.

Also I got the SAS rear end installed with the 98mm extension. Car should be a bit quicker and not fall on it's face so much during the back half of a heat.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/turbogti8/DSC01862.jpg

Wrong offset in the front.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/turbogti8/DSC01861.jpg

wsaenotsock
2006.12.04, 01:42 PM
Just so everyone knows what motor is the "STOCK" motor. It's the motor that comes in the Mini-Z Readysets. Any other motor is not legal for STOCK class. Get ready to race! ;)

Available here in the shop.
Kyosho Mini-Z Stock Motor $11.99
TRCID: KYO-MZ9

I'm screwed! :p I'd still like to run the PN motor just because it makes the car work so much better and not be counted in the points series.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 02:02 PM

If I remember correctly, the Atomic Stock motor is more powerful than the Kyosho stock and will NOT be considered legal. I think that's the one I was trying out last year, and wound up going back to the Kyosho stock (for more drivability and consistent lap times. I believe what Shaun said is correct "Any other motor is not legal for STOCK class". Shaun, is that correct what I said about the Atomic Stock motor?

Shaun
2006.12.04, 02:15 PM

If everyone wants to run Stock FET motors we could do that. Any motor that is safe to run with Stock FET's would be a Stock motor.

PN, Atomic, Kyosho X-Speed, etc.

What does everyone think?

Shaun
2006.12.04, 02:36 PM
If I remember correctly, the Atomic Stock motor is more powerful than the Kyosho stock and will NOT be considered legal. I think that's the one I was trying out last year, and wound up going back to the Kyosho stock (for more drivability and consistent lap times. I believe what Shaun said is correct "Any other motor is not legal for STOCK class". Shaun, is that correct what I said about the Atomic Stock motor?

Yes you are correct. These motors have Ball Bearings, NEO magnets and high performance brushes. It's not considered stock legal.

Having everyone run the same Kyosho Stock motor makes racing a lot more fun! With everyone running the same motor it comes down to driving skills.
Plus people that have a stock Mini-Z can put the car down on the track and be competitive right away without having to buy another motor just to keep up.

I personally would like to keep the stock class "STOCK" and run another OPEN class for people that want to run upgraded motors and electronics.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 03:39 PM
Having everyone run the same Kyosho Stock motor makes racing a lot more fun! With everyone running the same motor it comes down to driving skills.
Plus people that have a stock Mini-Z can put the car down on the track and be competitive right away without having to buy another motor just to keep up.

I personally would like to keep the stock class "STOCK" and run another OPEN class for people that want to run upgraded motors and electronics.

I agree. The idea here is to have a truly "STOCK" class, where as you said, "people that have a stock Mini-Z can put the car down on the track and be competitive right away without having to buy another motor just to keep up.". So, for stock class, we will make the motor rule as Shaun stated, "...the motor that comes in the Mini-Z Readysets. Any other motor is not legal for STOCK class.".

Moving on... the next question would be "what about upgraded FETs"? I'm thinking that the same logic applies here... however that being said, my FETs burned out and I put different FETs (non-stacked) into the car... I don't remember exactly where I got them... I think from minizracer.com. I understood that they were "better" than the stock ones... and I'm not sure I could even have gotten the original FETs to replace the burned out ones. I probably would have had to buy a new mini-z board. So... anybody have ideas on the FETs issue.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.12.04, 03:44 PM
Well i hate to say this but if we start the series this saturday count me out. I dont have a stock motor and i had a atomic stock and a pn fet stock motor coming. So if those are gonna be illegal i wont be in this race i will come but wont be racing. I could just run the races if patrick would like me too

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 03:46 PM
Well i hate to say this but if we start the series this saturday count me out. I dont have a stock motor and i had a atomic stock and a pn fet stock motor coming. So if those are gonna be illegal i wont be in this race i will come but wont be racing. I could just run the races if patrick would like me too

Dude... don't worry... I can loan you a Kyosho stock motor if you'd like. LMK.

pinoyboy
2006.12.04, 03:52 PM
Hey Chad, I've got an extra stock motor you can use. Anyways, about the fets, I think we should follow the HFAY rules on fets. I think their new season is about to start and their gonna allow the use of 3010 fets on all chassis

Its either 3004(mr-02) fets or 3010(MA-010) fets. If we only allowed the 3004 fets, then technically, Kevin's ma-010 actually wouldn't qualify for the stock class. As for where to get replacement stock fets, they can be found at the shop here

HAT3010R MOSFET Chip - 1PC #18250
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18250&cat=282&page=1

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 03:56 PM
I'm screwed! :p I'd still like to run the PN motor just because it makes the car work so much better and not be counted in the points series.

I'll tell you what, if Hank get's his 010, that'll be 2 people with 010's. I'll then try get one soon too. Then we'll have enough for an open class. I would imagine a few others might follow suit. That would solve some problems with people who want to run "other" configurations (motor's, FET's, etc...).

Does anybody know what other clubs are doing with the 010s? Are they running them in stock class? With a stock motor, I believe they are slower, but... they probably can be setup to corner more efficiently thus compensating for the slower speed? Thoughts???

If we end up having an open class, it would most likely be started later and have fewer entries, so we wouldn't keep points or award points prizes... but people racing in this class would be eligible for the raffle prize at the end of the season if they compete in 7 of the 10 races.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 04:03 PM
...about the fets, I think we should follow the HFAY rules on fets. I think their new season is about to start and their gonna allow the use of 3010 fets on all chassis

Its either 3004(mr-02) fets or 3010(MA-010) fets. If we only allowed the 3004 fets, then technically, Kevin's ma-010 actually wouldn't qualify for the stock class. As for where to get replacement stock fets, they can be found at the shop here

HAT3010R MOSFET Chip - 1PC #18250
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18250&cat=282&page=1

That sounds good to me. I think you're right, the HFAY rules have most likely been scrutinized carefully to determine the best practices concerning class rules. Can you provide a link to their rules? I would assume that an 010 can compete in stock class if the motor is still the stock Kyosho motor?

Thanks Hank.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 04:04 PM
By the way Kevin... nice car! Looking good!

Shaun
2006.12.04, 04:06 PM
anybody have ideas on the FETs issue.

I don't think FETs will be a problem. The newer FETs are 30% more powerful than the older FETs. If some one goes out today and buys a stock Mini-Z with the newer FETs I feel they should be able to run in the stock class.
So even if you have upgraded FETs on your older board, it still would be very close in power to the newer upgraded boards.

briankstan
2006.12.04, 04:10 PM
here is the basic rundown of what most clubs are doing in their stock classes.

the new stock mini-z's come with the 3010 fets. (MR-02's and MA-010). Some of the 02's come with 3004 and some 3010. All the AWD's have the 3010 fets.

so to keep things as simple as possible both fets are to be allowed. and the main limiting factor being the motor. now the 3010 fets do provide a slight advantage over the 3004 equipt cars so the option is available for them to upgrade if they wish.

The HFAY rules are set up this way, and even though the AWD's have the 3010 fets the compete very well with the 3004 fet equipt cars because of the additional drag that the drivetain puts on them.

also if your car has the 4562 fets, they do make a huge difference in power and shouldn't be allowed to compete against the others.

just a note on the Fet Safe motors: they are not all created equal. the PN Fet stock, PN speedy05, PN SpeedyNM, Atomic Standard and Atomic Stock motors are single stack fet safe.

all listed above are faster than the Kyosho stock motor, and some by alot. the advantage comes in depending on the size of track being run and the skill of the driver

heres a link to the HFAY stock Rules:
http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95
season 3 will be updated to include the 3010 fets as legal in any chassis.

Hope this helps.

wsaenotsock
2006.12.04, 04:20 PM
I have the upgraded 3010 fets and you guys saw how my car ran. Starts off okay and then falls off fast. After 5 minutes the motor was scalding hot, had to be careful how to pick it up. I was worried about heat damage to the board so much heat was emitting off of it. I built a homemade pit fan for it but after running the PN around it's really not needed. Power stays consistent and gets only warm. I'd prefer to race this motor and have fun (no points) than to burn my fingers and not be competitive. This is where different classes would help. Need others to buy AWD kits. :D

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 04:22 PM
here is the basic rundown of what most clubs are doing in their stock classes...

Yep, that helps a bunch! Thanks.

I believe we should adhere to the HFAY rules regarding stock class. Anybody second the motion??? Again here is a link to the rules.

I'll have to check my FETs in the car that I run and make sure they are not the 4562s. If so, I'll swap out the board with one from another "stock" mini-z that I have.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 04:29 PM
I have the upgraded 3010 fets and you guys saw how my car ran. Starts off okay and then falls off fast. After 5 minutes the motor was scalding hot, had to be careful how to pick it up. I was worried about heat damage to the board so much heat was emitting off of it. I built a homemade pit fan for it but after running the PN around it's really not needed. Power stays consistent and gets only warm. I'd prefer to race this motor and have fun (no points) than to burn my fingers and not be competitive. This is where different classes would help. Need others to buy AWD kits. :D

A few posts ago, I made a comment regarding a class for 010... Maybe you missed it with all these posts flying around. It's getting hard to keep up! Anyway, here's most of it again:

"I'll tell you what, if Hank get's his 010, that'll be 2 people with 010's. I'll then try get one soon too. Then we'll have enough for an open class. I would imagine a few others might follow suit. That would solve some problems with people who want to run "other" configurations (motor's, FET's, etc...).

If we end up having an open class, it would most likely be started later and have fewer entries, so we wouldn't keep points or award points prizes... but people racing in this class would be eligible for the raffle prize at the end of the season if they compete in 7 of the 10 races."

wsaenotsock
2006.12.04, 04:39 PM
A few posts ago, I made a comment regarding a class for 010... Maybe you missed it with all these posts flying around. It's getting hard to keep up! Anyway, here's most of it again:

"I'll tell you what, if Hank get's his 010, that'll be 2 people with 010's. I'll then try get one soon too. Then we'll have enough for an open class. I would imagine a few others might follow suit. That would solve some problems with people who want to run "other" configurations (motor's, FET's, etc...).

If we end up having an open class, it would most likely be started later and have fewer entries, so we wouldn't keep points or award points prizes... but people racing in this class would be eligible for the raffle prize at the end of the season if they compete in 7 of the 10 races."

That sounds good Patrick, you mentioned this at the end of the last race. Neil almost bought a MA-010 when some guy had the price listed wrong on Ebay. :p You can drive mine around this weekend and see how you like it. I picked some new tires and want to try some different combinations.

pinoyboy
2006.12.04, 04:58 PM

I believe we should adhere to the HFAY rules regarding stock class. Anybody second the motion??? Again here is a link to the rules.

I'll have to check my FETs in the car that I run and make sure they are not the 4562s. If so, I'll swap out the board with one from another "stock" mini-z that I have.

I'm gonna second the HFAY rules

Shaun
2006.12.04, 05:06 PM

I believe we should adhere to the HFAY rules regarding stock class. Anybody second the motion???

Sounds good to me. The only rule that I would change would be TIRES.

Any Brand: Rubber/silicone types only, no foam tires allowed. No traction compounds allowed on tire, or race surface. Tire warmers are allowed.

If you want to run foams go ahead. If you want to clean your tires or condition them go for it. ;)

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 05:12 PM
Sounds good to me. The only rule that I would change would be TIRES.

Any Brand: Rubber/silicone types only, no foam tires allowed. No traction compounds allowed on tire, or race surface. Tire warmers are allowed.

If you want to run foams go ahead. If you want to clean your tires or condition them go for it. ;)

I agree... anyone else... going once... going twice....

wsaenotsock
2006.12.04, 05:39 PM
Is anyone going to run foam? I'd imagine them hooking up like velcro on RCP.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.12.04, 08:52 PM
Well after reading all the post and seeing not everyone is envolved and should be. I think we need to post pone the first points race so we can discuss this at the next race so everyone can voice their opinion on this matter. Theres alot of issues that will keep some of the racers from racing. So I think we need to discuss this in person and not on forums. SO i say our race this saturday should only be a normal race instead of a points race.

pinoyboy
2006.12.04, 09:32 PM
Another question about STOCK motors. This class is open to all 1/28th scale cars(mini z, xmod, iwaver). So lets say later on down the road, I want to buy a new stock motor and I want to be really cheap. Could I just pick up an iwaver or radio shack stock motor and run that?

Shaun
2006.12.04, 09:43 PM
It would be a good idea to discuss the rules and classes further in person at the next race. Then make a final set of rules for the season.

AtlRC
2006.12.04, 11:20 PM
It would be a good idea to discuss the rules and classes further in person at the next race. Then make a final set of rules for the season.

Sounds good to me. I'll come up with an agenda for a discussion at the next race.

hpgod
2006.12.05, 07:08 AM
I'll be in the stock class chasing Patrick and Shaun around, I might get the mr01 up to speed, Right now I have the original stock arm in a PN CAN as I did not have time to drill out the stock can yet. Hopefully my newborn girl will let me sleep the night before the raceday.

From what I have seen driver in 3/4 of the requirement. Just use the Stock arm(70Tor something)/motor rules and stock fetts and go have fun. These is 2 version of the stock motor anyway, plastic/brass bushing and brass/brass bushing. Been racing rc for 17 years, keep it simple and few classes and allow maintence on the motors.
Art

PS I got Blake a Mr02 lambrogini for christmas so he can come out and have more fun here and there when he doesnot have B-ball games. The Xmod radio just didnt cut it around the miniz radios. It use to run fine when he and I use to race the xmods together.

bemoore
2006.12.05, 07:33 PM
Sorry to be late to the party, but I would like to interject a few comments.

Regarding tires, I would NOT allow traction compounds, as I have heard that extensive use will alter the track. If this is true, I don't think it would be fair to the track owner. I would also only allow tires that are currently available to everyone. For example, I've searched for GPM 8 deg rear radials all Summer, but I never found them. I would hate to mandate a spec tire, but whatever someone is running should be available to all.

Regarding throw-outs, I would recommend counting only the best 5 results. I've seen slot car seasons where one driver had a big lead, due primarily to attendance, which reduced the turn outs for the last few races. In a points season people (at least the ones I raced with) become less interersted if they think they no longer have a chance. In the last season we ran, only the best 50% of the season counted, and each race counted more than the previous. This encourages participation at the end of the season when interest often drops. The club title wasn't decided until the last heat of the last race. It's a little unorthodox, but it worked.

Motors: No opinion. I can't control the power I already have. :rolleyes: I may change my mind if I experience numerous wipeouts from 1:28 scale RC poorly guided missiles.

Shaun
2006.12.06, 11:46 AM
Regarding tires, I would NOT allow traction compounds, as I have heard that extensive use will alter the track. If this is true, I don't think it would be fair to the track owner. I would also only allow tires that are currently available to everyone. For example, I've searched for GPM 8 deg rear radials all Summer, but I never found them. I would hate to mandate a spec tire, but whatever someone is running should be available to all.

I think you're right about the traction compound. Cleaning of the tires using rubbing alcohol should be the only thing allowed. No harmful chemicals. This seems to be the rule across the board in Mini-Z racing.

GPM tires are available. You just have to know where to look. ;) There are a lot of shops out there that carry GPM products.

briankstan
2006.12.06, 11:59 AM
Sorry to be late to the party, but I would like to interject a few comments.

usually when running on RCP tracks, tire compounds are not allowed due to the high cost of replacing a track. you wouldn't want to gum up the track and essentially have to replace it, just because someone was running traction compounds.

please visit rc kenon for the tires that you are looking for (they have great tires).

also here is a good place to find tires as well

http://www.gpmracing.us/index.cgi?c=146

hpgod
2006.12.08, 06:55 AM
[Ok I am new to the miniz side shock setup now. I got the 3racing side and center shocks now. What do you all use as grease on your shocks?
light grease, heavy grease, heavy oil, (losi hydra drive oil), diff lubes to provide dampening?

Art

Shaun
2006.12.08, 11:06 AM
Did everyone like the modified turn at the end of the straightaway at the last race? Should I bring it and some more tiles to expand the track for this race?

pinoyboy
2006.12.08, 11:33 AM
I liked, it was more of a turn than just a narrowed short straight like it was before

Shaun
2006.12.08, 11:50 AM
Patrick - Did you get a chance to switch out the board on your stock car?

I'll bring those extra tiles with me so we can expand the track.

AtlRC
2006.12.08, 12:16 PM
Patrick - Did you get a chance to switch out the board on your stock car?

I'll bring those extra tiles with me so we can expand the track.

I haven't yet since I don't believe that I'll be able to race this time. I was going to talk to you about running the race. I will definitely be there to set up and get things going... but it looks like I will need to leave after that. I'll call you tonight. Thanks.

pinoyboy
2006.12.08, 07:39 PM
So Chad and Patrick aren't racing? Who else is going tomorrow?

Shaun
2006.12.08, 08:37 PM
So Chad and Patrick aren't racing? Who else is going tomorrow?

I was planning on racing. Turnout doesn't look so good for tomorrow. Looks like Hank, Kevin and Art are the only other racers planning to show up. If more people say that they will be there, I'll come up and race. It's a long drive for me. If there aren't going to be many racers I think I'm going to skip this race and plan to be at the next one.

pinoyboy
2006.12.08, 08:58 PM
I was planning on racing. Turnout doesn't look so good for tomorrow. Looks like Hank, Kevin and Art are the only other racers planning to show up. If more people say that they will be there, I'll come up and race. It's a long drive for me. If there aren't going to be many racers I think I'm going to skip this race and plan to be at the next one.

Well, that stinks. Its a 45+min drive for me, so it looks like i'll pass as well. Instead of mini Zs, maybe i'll do some airsofting, which I haven't done in a while.

AtlRC
2006.12.08, 11:35 PM
Well, that stinks. Its a 45+min drive for me, so it looks like i'll pass as well. Instead of mini Zs, maybe i'll do some airsofting, which I haven't done in a while.

OK, OK already! I'll stay to race. Shaun, Hank... will you guys come race then? Billy, you coming?

pinoyboy
2006.12.08, 11:40 PM
OK, OK already! I'll stay to race. Shaun, Hank... will you guys come race then? Billy, you coming?

ok, i'll go! i'll try to get there around 12 or earlier. My bro is going out of town saturday, so he can't make it. Supposedly, when he gets back, he wants to buy a mini 96 rcp track for his house

bemoore
2006.12.09, 08:36 AM
I'll be there.

AtlRC
2006.12.09, 03:39 PM
Stock A Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/120906-StockAMain.htm)

Stock B Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/120906-StockBMain.htm)

bemoore
2006.12.09, 07:50 PM
Thanks, Patrick for getting the results posted so quickly.

AtlRC
2006.12.09, 07:57 PM
Thanks, Patrick for getting the results posted so quickly.

You're welcome. I'll try to make the norm.

Thanks everyone for coming! It was a fun day! Everyone is really progressing rapidly... I imagine that by mid-season, we're going to have some really really close racing! I'd better start practicing more!

Later,
-Patrick

AtlRC
2006.12.09, 09:55 PM
You're welcome. I'll try to make the norm.

"I'll try to make that the norm" that is.

pinoyboy
2006.12.09, 10:45 PM
Yea, today was fun, i'm glad i went. I actually got my modified mr-02 working again, as I was waiting for a ball diff. It hasn't been working the past 2 weeks.

Anyways, I wish I could have brought it out today because I think it would run decent in a modified class if we start it. I'm not sure if I wanna keep this or get the awd. I dunno, we'll see what happens.

pinoyboy
2006.12.10, 01:50 PM
Well, it looks like I will be getting an AWD, as my modified MR-02 just sold! :o

Ninja
2006.12.10, 01:58 PM
way to go Pinoy, I am going to be ordering my MA-010 chassis set from the shop here this week when I get my Christmas bonus check from work :D whos ready to Drift?

Real Drivers Do It Sideways!

pinoyboy
2006.12.10, 02:44 PM
way to go Pinoy, I am going to be ordering my MA-010 chassis set from the shop here this week when I get my Christmas bonus check from work :D whos ready to Drift?

Real Drivers Do It Sideways!

Thanks! Yea man, we won't have a race until January, so I gotta couple weeks to get it upgraded and tuned

Ninja
2006.12.11, 12:17 AM
sweet, you going to set it up for competitive racing or just drift around with it for fun?

wsaenotsock
2006.12.12, 01:43 PM
Oh course Hank is going to race it!

I had a good time on Saturday even though I didn't feel too good. I'm going to pick up another stock motor and try and break it in slowly and see if does better. The PN Speedy motor was broke in for about 10 minutes and it hauls around the track pretty well. Setup still could use some work since the car felt different on left and right turns.

wiggindude
2006.12.12, 11:16 PM
Is your track set up at all times? I am from Texas and will be in the area Thursday night... Wanted to see if the shop or track was open?

Thanks
Sean

hpgod
2006.12.13, 06:38 AM
Is your track set up at all times? I am from Texas and will be in the area Thursday night... Wanted to see if the shop or track was open?

Thanks
Sean

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours):
-------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Yes they leave the track up.

Shaun
2006.12.19, 08:45 PM
Stock A Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/120906-StockAMain.htm)

Stock B Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2006%20-%202007%20Winter%20Season/120906-StockBMain.htm)

What layout did you guys run for the 12/9 race?

pinoyboy
2006.12.19, 08:49 PM
this one

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/HobbyMart.jpg

Shaun
2006.12.19, 08:56 PM
Thanks Hank. I was just wondering.

Did anyone beat my 55 Lap run?

wsaenotsock
2006.12.19, 09:09 PM
Patrick was closest at 52. Hank, Art and I all turned 50 at some point in the day. I enjoyed the other configuration better with the sweeper and the turns.

Ninja
2006.12.24, 12:41 PM
so who is up for a few laps on the RCP next Friday? I know Pinoy and WSAE have both said they would come pending shop openings. Does the shop there carry Mini-Z parts?

wsaenotsock
2006.12.28, 03:05 PM
Ninja and Hank, are either of you up for some practice tomorrow?

Ninja
2006.12.28, 04:27 PM
I am, what time to get together? its a few hours drive for me, and I need good directions :D

AtlRC
2006.12.28, 05:09 PM
I ordered my 010 :D . Miguel is going to place the order along with some parts. We should have them by the next race. Sounds like a new class! Anybody else have one now besides Kevin? Hank, did you get yours yet?

I'm working on the post for the next race. It will be our season opener and will be on Jan 6th. I will outline the rules, prizes and schedule.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas! See you soon.

-Patrick

wsaenotsock
2006.12.28, 07:01 PM
That's awesome Patrick! Hank does have his.

Ninja, anytime is fine with me. I'm going to be changing the oil in my car in the morning and then head over there. Does 1 pm sound good?

I'd go onto to maps.google.com (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=11235+Alpharetta+Hwy,+Roswell,+GA+30076&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=addr) to find the best route.

Ninja
2006.12.28, 07:33 PM
1PM sounds great, is the new shop address 11235 Alpharetta Hwy?

wsaenotsock
2006.12.28, 07:37 PM
Yes it is, if you click the link in my post above it will put it in there for you.

Ninja
2006.12.28, 07:53 PM
good deal, are we sure that the shop will be open tomorrow? I would hate to make the trip to not get to race :confused:

wsaenotsock
2006.12.28, 08:16 PM
I'll call them as soon as they open which is 10:30 and post up what I find.

Ninja
2006.12.28, 09:31 PM
ok great, I wont be leaving my house till about 11 anyways :D thanks WSAE

pinoyboy
2006.12.28, 11:08 PM
Hey, I'll be there tomorrow. I actually went by for a while today to try and tune my MA-010. Its a little harder to get tuned right than the MR-02.

I also met one of the guys that races in texas. I think he posted in one of our threads some time back since he sometimes makes visits down here for work. It was kinda cool since he knew the guy I bought my MR-02 from. :p

wsaenotsock
2006.12.29, 10:41 AM
I just called, they are open to 7pm tonight.

Ninja
2006.12.29, 10:43 AM
see ya soon:D

wsaenotsock
2006.12.29, 10:46 AM
Already got the oil change out of the way, I'm charging batteries now. :)

wsaenotsock
2006.12.29, 10:47 AM
Hey, I'll be there tomorrow. I actually went by for a while today to try and tune my MA-010. Its a little harder to get tuned right than the MR-02.

I also met one of the guys that races in texas. I think he posted in one of our threads some time back since he sometimes makes visits down here for work. It was kinda cool since he knew the guy I bought my MR-02 from. :p

That's pretty weird. What tire combo did you find working the best so far?

Ninja
2006.12.29, 10:50 AM
I worked on my pitbox, charged batts, and gave my cars a good once-over last night :D I will be leaving here as soon as I get finished eating

AtlRC
2006.12.29, 08:37 PM
How'd practice go guys? 010's running good? Ninja, will you be coming down to race with us any?

pinoyboy
2006.12.29, 09:14 PM
How'd practice go guys? 010's running good? Ninja, will you be coming down to race with us any?

My awd is running ok. I'm running gpm 15 front and 8 rears, hard front springs, soft rear springs, and with my EPA down to 85, it still has too much steering, making the back end bounce around if I turn the wheel too much. However, it does handle good if i'm smooth with my turning, and not abrupt with my steering input.

I think thats the disadvantage running with the 94mm chassis. It seemed the other guys running a 98mm chassis had no problems with the back of their car bouncing around

We also got a little drifting in too :p

AtlRC
2006.12.29, 09:40 PM
My awd is running ok. I'm running gpm 15 front and 8 rears, hard front springs, soft rear springs, and with my EPA down to 85, it still has too much steering, making the back end bounce around if I turn the wheel too much. However, it does handle good if i'm smooth with my turning, and not abrupt with my steering input.

I think thats the disadvantage running with the 94mm chassis. It seemed the other guys running a 98mm chassis had no problems with the back of their car bouncing around

We also got a little drifting in too :p

Sounds good! Are the 010's chassis typically 94mm, or are some of the Ready-sets on a 98mm chassis?

pinoyboy
2006.12.29, 09:43 PM
umm, i think the stock chassis of the awd can only accept 90mm or 94mm bodies. A 98mm chassis requires the extension kit made by either PN racing or Atomic.

Ninja
2006.12.29, 09:56 PM
ATL, I currently work weekends 2nd shift. Boss man says that changes may soon come to move me to Monday-Friday. If and when they do this, I will deffinately be coming down to race. I had a blast today with Hank and Kevin. I wish more of the regular racers could have made it out today. I blew out a rear diff trying to run some pretty soft tires on the AWD. I think I will stick to drifting with it now, and keep it mostly stock. I have an 02 setup for racing, and in my opinion did very well against Kevins super fast AWD :D

wsaenotsock
2006.12.29, 11:53 PM
Had a great time running with you guys today. That last run I put those Atomic 20 X patterns on the front and the car had so much steering. The back end was bouncing and chattering all over the place. Took the spur gear off and that thing is toast, the teeth on the rear diff are all white from chewing up the spur. It was making some nasty noises towards the end of the day.

The Speedy motor is really too fast on a fresh pack. As the pack runs down I can tell my laps get faster. I'm going to buy another stock motor and hope it performs better than the one that came with my kit.

Ninja
2006.12.30, 07:54 AM
I figured I would post up an image of the track layout we played around on this week.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/Ninjamaster81/atl12-29-06.jpg

pinoyboy
2006.12.30, 10:44 AM
Had a great time running with you guys today. That last run I put those Atomic 20 X patterns on the front and the car had so much steering. The back end was bouncing and chattering all over the place. Took the spur gear off and that thing is toast, the teeth on the rear diff are all white from chewing up the spur. It was making some nasty noises towards the end of the day.

The Speedy motor is really too fast on a fresh pack. As the pack runs down I can tell my laps get faster. I'm going to buy another stock motor and hope it performs better than the one that came with my kit.

I found those Atomic A.W groove tires to have lots of grip. On the Mr-02, I have 10 degrree tires on the rear and they're keeping the back end planted even with 8 degree GPM fronts. The tread wears out pretty fast, but I dont think they make much difference in traction when they're there or not.

Your car was making some pretty nasty sounds as the day went on! Sounded like the time when my bro was teaching me how to drive stick and I grinded his gears on his prelude! :p

As for the stock motor, I'm not sure if your the only one that had problems with the stock motor. When I first got the car and put batteries in it with the stock motor, it was pretty slow. So slow that I immediately changed to the speedy AWD motor I bought.

Shaun
2006.12.30, 07:11 PM
Did you guys change the track? That picture shows a shorter straightaway.
You should have 4 extra tiles somewhere if you ran that layout. I have a feeling the picture is just incorrect. No big deal.
Just wondering.

pinoyboy
2006.12.30, 07:12 PM
naw, we didn't change anything. Everything is the same as before