PDA

View Full Version : PCB Board burnt

boydnhl
2006.12.01, 12:43 PM
Hi All,

Today, I did the most stupid mistake ever. I have mistakenly connect the wrong polarity cable and caused my AWD circuit board burnt.

Right now I am grieving over it and wondering how can I get it fix? I can still smell the burnt on the PCB board and my finger (trying to remove the batts).

Please, anyone has any opinion on how to solve it?

Thanks

builthatch
2006.12.01, 03:28 PM
Hi All,

Today, I did the most stupid mistake ever. I have mistakenly connect the wrong polarity cable and caused my AWD circuit board burnt.

Right now I am grieving over it and wondering how can I get it fix? I can still smell the burnt on the PCB board and my finger (trying to remove the batts).

Please, anyone has any opinion on how to solve it?

Thanks

which wires did you connect wrong? where?

imxlr8ed
2006.12.01, 04:19 PM
ByeBye's fet replacement video...

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19645&highlight=fet+video

pomme de terre
2006.12.01, 06:05 PM
Sounds like he reversed the polarity to the board (ie switched the pos/neg wires that go from the batts to the PCB)?

boydnhl
2006.12.02, 02:34 AM
which wires did you connect wrong? where?

Front the battery compartment, there are grey and black colour wires. I misconnected these wired with the wires from the PCB board and burnt one of the FET 3010 6B4.

Is there any replacement FET for this FET?

boydnhl
2006.12.02, 02:35 AM
Thank you for the video link :) I appreciate it a lot. Can I use the same FET as shown in the pictures?

builthatch
2006.12.02, 02:38 AM
Thank you for the video link :) I appreciate it a lot. Can I use the same FET as shown in the pictures?

3010 are available from the shop, so are 4562...

i run ab0113 fets from PN Racing, tho there are some arguements about it, i prefer these over the 4562.

boydnhl
2006.12.04, 09:02 AM
3010 are available from the shop, so are 4562...

i run ab0113 fets from PN Racing, tho there are some arguements about it, i prefer these over the 4562.

may i please know why you would prefer to run ab0113 over 4562? is it because it has a better proportional control over the other fet?

my friend told me that you ll have a hard time controlling your car when you do FET stacks. is it true?

builthatch
2006.12.04, 11:50 AM
may i please know why you would prefer to run ab0113 over 4562? is it because it has a better proportional control over the other fet?

my friend told me that you ll have a hard time controlling your car when you do FET stacks. is it true?

a simple 2 or 3 fet stack will not cause any control issues if done properly. Granted, if you do a 2 or 3 fet stack and put a powerful motor in like the Atomic T2, you will have to really be careful how you operate the car as there will be alot of power on tap.

the reason i prefer the ab0113 fets is because i once had a 3 fet 4562 stack on my mr02. I did not have anything to compare it to other than a stock board car, so to me it felt great because it was fast, pushing an Atomic Z2. Well, for some odd reason, the car jumped off the shelf by itself one day and burned up the fets from running upside down on the ground. The batteries were in but the car was off. it sat just fine all night before this and didn't move, but decided during the day to do so. So, lesson learned about leaving batteries in no matter what the switch is saying, but...

i needed another fet job. So i decided to try the ab0113 fets because they were advertised as being 60% more powerful and resilient than the 4562. Ok, sure, that statement is an arbitrary claim, but i have to admit that the car absolutely was faster, punchier and overall smoother in power delivery with the 2 get stack of the new fets vs. the 3 of the 4562. I have been told on this board that a proper comparison would be a 2 fet stack of 4562 vs. my 2 fet stack of ab0113, but unfortunately i can't make that happen.

boydnhl
2006.12.09, 07:28 AM
got it :) thanks.

i manage to get a few of the FET and dont know what is the number for the FET since they rubbed the number off.

after trying for my first time, to replace the FET and it is not as easy as the video show. i almost killed my PCB board but luckily everything is okay and now my AWD is back to its normal operation.

thanks to everyone for helping out here. :)

Ninja
2006.12.09, 10:28 AM
using FETs that have been sanded or the numbers rubbed off is scary to me since these numbers will tell you which direction the FET needs to be placed.

builthatch
2006.12.09, 01:32 PM
using FETs that have been sanded or the numbers rubbed off is scary to me since these numbers will tell you which direction the FET needs to be placed.

they have a little notch on them i believe that is used for reference. When RUF did my fet work, he didn't have a problem orientating them.

boydnhl
2006.12.10, 10:56 PM
yeah, they just sand off the number then only thing that you might need to worry is whether that FET is suitable or not.

to be sure that the orientation is correct, they need to have a little dot on top of the FET. some FET will have a line or a mark to determine the first leg/pin of the FET.

:)