PDA

View Full Version : Most Fragile Parts

storywatcher
2006.12.04, 01:43 PM
Hi Monsterionados,
I am going to order a new tie rod for my monster (everything is currently stock) and I want to know what are the next two things that are likely to break on my baby, then I will order those too, to save on time and shipping. I will replace with upgrade parts, but only for durability, as I am not so serious as some of you psychos :D

Also, what is the difference between a "toe in and out linkage" and an "alloy steering plate"? They look the same to me. They also both look like what i am trying to call a "tie rod". Anyone got the inside on that?

Thanks,
Kevin

aaron
2006.12.04, 01:56 PM
Hi Monsterionados,
I am going to order a new tie rod for my monster (everything is currently stock) and I want to know what are the next two things that are likely to break on my baby, then I will order those too, to save on time and shipping. I will replace with upgrade parts, but only for durability, as I am not so serious as some of you psychos :D

Thanks,
Kevin

so far my problems have been broken servo wires(see mod on post below), 1 front shock tower, and the plate that the rear ball stud screws into. I am running an ********** motor and fets with lipo(I bash pretty hard) No aluminum on my truck

storywatcher
2006.12.04, 02:04 PM
so far my problems have been broken servo wires(see mod on post below), 1 front shock tower, and the plate that the rear ball stud screws into. I am running an ********** motor and fets with lipo(I bash pretty hard) No aluminum on my truck

Hey, thanks very much. I am running stock, so what of those parts you mentioned do you think might bust first?

K

briankstan
2006.12.04, 02:43 PM
you will break the knuckles. the shock tower mounts. and depending on how hard you are with it (jumps, etc.) you will also need to look at the font and rear gear boxes.

Here is mine. as you can see I've changed alot to alloy. this was only after the stock parts broke. I was using it quite hard and going off some very large jumps

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/monster.html

HammerZ
2006.12.04, 05:30 PM
One thing with the Monster is, you start adding alloy. You will keep adding alloy to cover something else. Between my hopped up monster with alloy parts and my "recycler" monster built from the stock parts, I run the "recycler" the most. I have busted many parts on it so far, mostly old used parts. I replaced them with stock replacement parts sets. I like to keep it as stock as I can. I think it's a more fun truck to drive as it's lighter, than my alloy truck. The extra weight adds to the shock load from jumps. Even with as much alloy as you can pack on, something will still break someplace. Alloy parts are hard on the wallet as well. As for looking at the tie rods, look into the knuckles first as the alloy part will shear off the pins off the plastic quickly.

storywatcher
2006.12.05, 08:40 AM
One thing with the Monster is, you start adding alloy. You will keep adding alloy to cover something else. Between my hopped up monster with alloy parts and my "recycler" monster built from the stock parts, I run the "recycler" the most. I have busted many parts on it so far, mostly old used parts. I replaced them with stock replacement parts sets. I like to keep it as stock as I can. I think it's a more fun truck to drive as it's lighter, than my alloy truck. The extra weight adds to the shock load from jumps. Even with as much alloy as you can pack on, something will still break someplace. Alloy parts are hard on the wallet as well. As for looking at the tie rods, look into the knuckles first as the alloy part will shear off the pins off the plastic quickly.

Thanks for your reply. I have to get the tie rod, so I think I will get the knuckles any way, and bite the extra shipping when the tower breaks next time, cuz it is a higher priced item.

I probably won't upgrade the fets or motor (though I do have an extra x-speed lying around, and I will be pulling some atomic motors out of two mr-01's because they are just too darn fast for the basement as is) so I will be "bashing light" - not too much insane jumping if I can help it. I broke the tie rod by simply gunning it while the machine was flipped, it spun around on it's side and bumped gramma's rocker and crack! Twenty minutes of playing with a new toy, and that was back in September!

Oh well, I will have to learn to play nice I guess.

But the MM will be getting a new stable-mate as soon as Losi gets off their butt and delivers the Micro T. I see some guys have got vids of the thing on u-tube. Pretty fun looking.

By the way, is there a place where I can buy these items in plastic instead of alloy?

briankstan
2006.12.05, 09:10 AM
By the way, is there a place where I can buy these items in plastic instead of alloy?

search the shop here for "mini-z monster" and see if they have what you need.

storywatcher
2006.12.05, 09:11 AM
search the shop here for "mini-z monster" and see if they have what you need.

I did, they only have the aluminum

briankstan
2006.12.05, 09:18 AM
I did, they only have the aluminum

you can log into the shop and open a support ticket. then request the items that you need.

https://shop.tinyrc.com/support_ticket.php

storywatcher
2006.12.05, 01:14 PM
you can log into the shop and open a support ticket. then request the items that you need.

https://shop.tinyrc.com/support_ticket.php

thanks! I will do that.