PDA

View Full Version : AWD spring Setups

carrapateira
2006.12.11, 05:08 PM
Hi all!!!

Ok, in the MR-02 I think everyone agrees as hard spring in front and softer in the back / disc damper.

How about for AWD? Same thing applies?

Anyone tried softer in front?

Same seeting for RCP than for carpet???

Regards and good races!!!

machine
2006.12.11, 08:43 PM
On RCP i run Hard in the front and medium in the rear. I didn't notice alot of difference from the stock springs. On RCP i feel it's mostly tires and diff adjustment than springs.

EMU
2006.12.11, 11:28 PM
Hi all!!!

Ok, in the MR-02 I think everyone agrees as hard spring in front and softer in the back / disc damper.

How about for AWD? Same thing applies?

Anyone tried softer in front?

Same seeting for RCP than for carpet???

Regards and good races!!!
I disagree with the statement about everyone using hard front springs and softer in the rear of MR02. I generally use Green or Red springs up front with a hard T-Plate and medium damper springs... Of course many people have different styles of racing, and tire setup matters alot with spring setup. I tend to run 8d rear and 18/20d front tires...

As far as AWD, on one car I am using purple PN MR02 springs on front with stock rears... on my second car I am using white Atomic Low springs, with green MR01 roll shock springs on SAS... Generally the rear is a little softer than the front. I am planning on reversing that this weekend to make my cars a little more aggressive. Right now they are very consistant, but not quite as quick as I would like in the corners.

As Machine said, I feel much more of a difference by adjusting the diffs or tire setups than any changes in springs. Many racers still use the stock springs at my track, and they are quite competetive,