PDA

View Full Version : Advise for an old guy!

madf1man
2006.12.19, 01:55 PM
Ok guys, I know nothing bout Video games. Just bought a Nintendo DS on line for 195.00 on a sudden brain fade attack. How bad did I get burned?

arch2b
2006.12.19, 02:12 PM
not sure but my wife loves her ds lite. i've read it's one of the best selling portable platforms.

Draconious
2006.12.19, 02:32 PM
I hate anything to do with nintendo...

arch2b
2006.12.19, 02:37 PM
ok.... care to elaborate or are we just left to wonder what relevance this has to the question?

monkey19
2006.12.19, 02:53 PM
DS is cool, some of my friends have them. I play with them when ever i can, i am just way to cheap to by one for myself. :)

Draconious
2006.12.19, 02:58 PM
no i dont care too...

arch2b
2006.12.19, 03:14 PM
no i dont care too...
:rolleyes: :p bad day?

Fish
2006.12.19, 03:18 PM
Was it packaged with any games? The ones that are seem to be selling for around $170 USD retail, so it's maybe not too bad. I've seen some DS only packages sell for well under $120 though.

madf1man
2006.12.19, 03:27 PM
No it was all by itself and yes I have learned they go for 130 new so yes I have been a dumbie!! Its cool though, live and learn is the best way. I am no video game player either. Have a playstation 2 that has been used for an hour or 2 maybe. Only reason I got this is cause of that brain excersise game commercial on TV. My brain is out of shape obviously, this being an example!

bolter9
2006.12.19, 06:34 PM
No it was all by itself and yes I have learned they go for 130 new so yes I have been a dumbie!! Its cool though, live and learn is the best way. I am no video game player either. Have a playstation 2 that has been used for an hour or 2 maybe. Only reason I got this is cause of that brain excersise game commercial on TV. My brain is out of shape obviously, this being an example!

Ha! Brain Age is a great game. I've got a friend with a DS lite, and I've played it a couple times- nice system. Nintendo seems to have a lot of games that cater to a wider audience, vs. just the hard core gamer.

I've got a PSP for portable gaming- pretty cool little system. I've also got a first generation xbox, and just got an xbox 360/hdtv from the company I work for (10yr gift)

Sorry about the price...seems a bit steep for a DS :(

Dusty Weasle
2006.12.20, 06:39 AM
Hehe, I make games for PS/Xbox/Wii and at our office I often see programmers and artists holding a DS and playing Brain Age. So, people who make games prefer DS and Brain Age! You've chosen wisely ;)

Personally I’m a PC sim guy. I don’t even have a console besides my trusty old Atari 800 (they don’t make games like that anymore). Well, I got my wife a DS and she loves it (can’t remember what I paid, it was a year ago).

GTR2 and my Momo FF driving wheel are about all the gaming I see these days :D (outside of work).

bolter9
2006.12.20, 01:10 PM
Hehe, I make games for PS/Xbox/Wii and at our office I often see programmers and artists holding a DS and playing Brain Age. So, people who make games prefer DS and Brain Age! You've chosen wisely ;)

Personally I’m a PC sim guy. I don’t even have a console besides my trusty old Atari 800 (they don’t make games like that anymore). Well, I got my wife a DS and she loves it (can’t remember what I paid, it was a year ago).

GTR2 and my Momo FF driving wheel are about all the gaming I see these days :D (outside of work).

Who do you work for?

Dusty Weasle
2006.12.21, 01:23 AM
Rainbow Studios. If you get the “Cars” game you’ll be racing me in the road and stadium races (albeit diluted by AI code and such, but it’s my racing line).

will3kgt
2006.12.21, 02:08 AM
Rainbow Studios. If you get the “Cars” game you’ll be racing me in the road and stadium races (albeit diluted by AI code and such, but it’s my racing line).
Hey, Dusty I was telling my neighbor about you yesterday as he was playing one of your games(The ATV one)...Small world. I'll see you guys soon. Looking forward to racing you again and Hood. Still the closest race I've had to date.