PDA

View Full Version : RCP drop shipping time?

tankertoad
2006.12.22, 11:49 PM
Hello - Has anyone ordered any RCP (in-stock) products from shop.tinyrc.com lately?
I see that they drop ship directly from RCP and it took a couple of weeks when I ordered my mini-96 directly through my LHS. I placed an order for some extra tiles on-line and was hoping this would be faster.

RCPMini-z
2006.12.23, 10:34 AM
Except for RadioShack, all USA RCP distributors have the tracks dropped shipped from our warehouse here in California. Once we receive the PO from any RCP distributor, "in Stock" tracks get shipped out within 24 hours. Usually the same day PO is received. Delivery times range from 1 ~ 5 days, depending on how far away you are from California. If it takes longer for you to receive your track, than either your local hobby store didn't place the order right away, the distributor they ordered from didn't send us the PO right away or the track was out of stock. Lately, distributors have been doing a good job getting us orders quickly and those who in the past took a long time, have changed their process and are now getting them to us quicker.

TinyRC is among the list of distributors who get us PO's very quickly.

Ninja
2006.12.23, 11:11 AM
Hey John, glad to see you online. I hate to hijack this thread but I need for you to e-mail me about pricing and availability for Wide inside turn kits, and 45* tile kits for the wide track.

e-mail is lamfos@msn.com

tankertoad
2006.12.23, 11:11 AM
Except for RadioShack, all USA RCP distributors have the tracks dropped shipped from our warehouse here in California. Once we receive the PO from any RCP distributor, "in Stock" tracks get shipped out within 24 hours. Usually the same day PO is received. Delivery times range from 1 ~ 5 days, depending on how far away you are from California. If it takes longer for you to receive your track, than either your local hobby store didn't place the order right away, the distributor they ordered from didn't send us the PO right away or the track was out of stock. Lately, distributors have been doing a good job getting us orders quickly and those who in the past took a long time, have changed their process and are now getting them to us quicker.

TinyRC is among the list of distributors who get us PO's very quickly.

AWESOME! Thanks for the quick reply. I LOVE my Mini-96 and can't wait to try the new tiles. Merry Christmas!

RCPMini-z
2006.12.23, 11:29 AM
Hey John, glad to see you online. I hate to hijack this thread but I need for you to e-mail me about pricing and availability for Wide inside turn kits, and 45* tile kits for the wide track.

e-mail is lamfos@msn.com

Thanks, I am online at some point every day.

They are both "In Stock". You can purchase them here http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=283

The 45 kit comes with enough pieces to make either of the first two pictures shown below, TWICE. #50045

The large radius inside turn kit come with enough pieces to make (4) complete inside turns. #50004 Shown in third picture

Note: Our warehouse will be closed for the 26, 27 and 28th of next week. All orders will go out the 29th.

Ninja
2006.12.23, 11:31 AM
thanks John, you and David are both great guys.

tankertoad
2006.12.27, 07:38 PM
I hate to take out the middle man, but I'm not getting any love from tinyrc. I placed an RCP order with them a week ago, and could not get any information (or reply) from them about the shipping. Their invoice system doesn't clear up the picture either. As far as I can tell, the items were in stock, invoiced and charged to my account. Beyond that, I can't tell if I should have paid any shipping, or if the items were ever PO'd to you guys. Any suggestions?

ChrisJuliano12
2006.12.27, 07:56 PM
I was told there wouldnt be any mini-96's untill feb.

I would of bought one if i would of knew that i could get it, dang that sucks

briankstan
2006.12.27, 11:24 PM
as per my conversation with John on Dec 10th, the Mini-96 tracks are due to arrive at his warehouse around Jan 13th. They are currently out of stock.

Hope this clears things up for you.

tankertoad
2006.12.28, 09:30 AM
True, the Mini-96s are currently out of stock. The Mini Tile Long 45, Large Radius Inside Turn and Chicanes are in, which is what I ordered. It seems the best way to get through to the tinyrc folks is via a trouble ticket. I'll buy the goof on the shipping costs. They don't charge any. Now if they can just figure out if it was ever actually shipped.

Ninja
2006.12.28, 10:20 AM
I have never had any problems with the shop here, in fact they have been the best place I have ever dealt with, and I have shopped at many different places for mini-z's.

jakster!
2006.12.28, 11:35 AM
i ordered a large 45 kit about two weeks before xmas, it arrived about a weekago, they will send you an email when they have processed the order, thats what they did for me!
with the holidays i am shure you will get some info very soon!

that same day i ordered a 96 expansion kit direct from kyosho, i have yet to see it!
so i hope that helps you understand delivery, a little better!

your going to love it when it arrives!

Draconious
2006.12.28, 01:01 PM
Note what RCP said...
"Note: Our warehouse will be closed for the 26, 27 and 28th of next week. All orders will go out the 29th."

It was obviously also closed on the 25th and possibly even the 24th... This thread was started on the 23rd, and it looked like you did not yet order the tiles you were just questioning about ordering them. So I am just curious when did you order the 45 tile sets? So you might not get a status email until tomarow...

tankertoad
2006.12.28, 05:22 PM
I ordered the tiles on the 20th, and got the invoice e-mail, but tinyrc's site shows "processed" going on 9 days later and they can't even tell me what the actual status of my order is. It should show "completed" and in most cases, also have a tracking # along with it. I have asked them, twice now, if RCP tracks and expansions won't have a tracking #, or show "completed" since they are drop shipped directly from RCP. They still haven't answered my question. I live in the boonies and have to order most of my RC stuff on-line. I hate to be a pain in the A :eek: :eek: customer to tinyrc, but thier customer service has been less than stellar, which is suprising given all the positive remarks they have posted on their site.

I was hoping the RCPmini-z guy could tell me if they have received a PO from tinyrc?

tankertoad
2006.12.29, 06:56 PM
Here's the saga so far:

Dec 20 - Place RCP order with Tiny RC on items that are IN STOCK. Request is made to TinyRC.com to provide shipping information. No reply.

Dec 22 - Post on this forum to get an idea of what kind of shipping time to expect.

Dec 20 - 27 - Faint sound of crickets chirping heard over at Tiny RC.com

Dec 27 - Send Tiny RC a support ticket requesting the information. They reply saying they will "see what's up"

Dec 27 - 29 - More crickets at Tiny RC

Dec 29 - Send another support ticket threatening to have their charge to my credit card classified as fraudulent. They reply, and try to blame it on RCP saying they were on "vacation", and that the first RCP would be shipping is on Jan 2nd. RCP stated they would be out of the office the 26th-28th and would ship orders on the 29th. The items were in stock and they were processing orders the week before Christmas (to include the 20th when my order should have arrived from Tiny RC)

Caveat Emptor - MT

Ninja
2006.12.29, 08:45 PM
slanderous postings are grounds for being banned, watch what you say.

Draconious
2006.12.29, 09:07 PM
He does not have a 15 year old son... so not sure what your talking about there.

And yes it is that holiday & family time of year, he may be with family now...

RCPMini-z
2006.12.29, 10:13 PM
I apologize for the the slow response in clearing up this issue. I have been out of the state for the past week and the warehouse has been closed since Christmas. I have left a message with Tinyrc and I should here back from him shortly. I am confident we will have this issue cleared up by the morning. It doesn't happen often, but since we operate with PO's coming in via email or fax, once in a while an order falls through the crack. I believe this must be the case here. Tinyrc has been very efficient with getting orders to us in the past. During the Holidays things do get a little crazy here at RCP and I am sure they are the same at Tinyrc. I will talk to Tinyrc and I am sure we can compensate you with some extra freebies due to the troubles you went through with your order.

arch2b
2006.12.29, 10:31 PM
slanderous postings are grounds for being banned, watch what you say.
he's a frustrated shopper. it happens :( i can ceratinly understand the feelings however some level of tact and respect has to be held.

when it gets to personal insults or slander a moderator has to step in to clean up threads and or other actions necessary (just stating policy).

you have moderators here looking into it as well as rcp himself. i would think that would be a measurable response for a sale bafo during the most hectic buying/shipping time of the year. rest assured it will get resolved. :)

mini-z
2006.12.30, 07:07 AM
Well guys, I have formulated a theory and it is this: The person that normally runs TinyRC (the one that gives all the great service I keep hearing about) decided to go on vacation for the holidays. In the mean time, he left his 15 yr old son in charge of the web site. Any takers?

Here's the saga so far:

Dec 20 - Place RCP order with Tiny RC on items that are IN STOCK. Request is made to TinyRC.com to provide shipping information. No reply.

Dec 22 - Post on this forum to get an idea of what kind of shipping time to expect.

Dec 20 - 27 - Faint sound of crickets chirping heard over at Tiny RC.com

Dec 27 - Send Tiny RC a support ticket requesting the information. They reply saying they will "see what's up"

Dec 27 - 29 - More crickets at Tiny RC

Dec 29 - Send another support ticket threatening to have their charge to my credit card classified as fraudulent. They reply, and try to blame it on RCP saying they were on "vacation", and that the first RCP would be shipping is on Jan 2nd. RCP stated they would be out of the office the 26th-28th and would ship orders on the 29th. The items were in stock and they were processing orders the week before Christmas (to include the 20th when my order should have arrived from Tiny RC)

If it's true that over half of all small businesses fail in the first 10 years ownership, then I would say that Tiny RC is well on its way to becoming a statistic. I have experienced a complete lack of customer service and downright dishonesty. I'd wager to say RCP is a big part of Tiny RC's business and he tries to drag their good name through the mud? I would have been totally understaing if they said "Oops, our mistake...we'll take care of it" Insted they lie. I really hope my (tongue-in-cheek) theory about the boss not minding the store is true. Otherwise, I would be very leery about shopping with Tiny RC.

Caveat Emptor - MT

tankertoad, we responded to your support ticket within an hour - and it was posted at 8:23pm at night, so I actually thought we did a pretty good job there? :confused: I also explained to you RE shipping costs/method at that time, and that things were extremely hectic due to the deluge of holiday orders, and I didn't mention this, but we're actually in the process of moving to a new building, so that's been making things even more hectic for us. Not an excuse, just trying to explain. I was not trying to blame anything on RCP at all, I apologize if you got that impression, but that is simply not our style. RCP is actually closed thru New Year's Day, not the 28th, with shipping resuming on the 2nd. Mistakes happen, luckily we've got thousands of extremely happy customers, many of whom have jumped in to defend us on this thread, but in this case we let you down, I'm going to see what our options are to upgrade your shipping, but assuming they are prohibitively expensive (in the past it's been on the order of $100s when we've enquired for other customers), I suggest you accept our offer of full refund for having disappointed you in this transaction. I posted this suggestion to your support ticket early this (Saturday) AM, please respond there rather than in this thread. Again, I sincerely apologize about this, it's completely our fault, and I hope you'll accept our apologies and refund as the best way to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. :o
Thanks to everyone who defended us in this thread btw. :)

tankertoad
2006.12.30, 10:06 AM
Sorry. I researched this forum before I placed my order to ensure that they were a stand up company. I had a terrible experience with them want it to be known.
I believe there are 3 sides to every story. One side, the other side, and the truth.
The truth is, a mistake was made, but no one was willing to admit it. Everything else is just details.
LHS's are vanishing at the rate of the polar ice caps and I wish now, that I would have gone through them. At least there you can talk to a real person. I was trying to save some time.
I hope fans of TinyRC are not too offended. I'm sure 99% of the time they are great, but they fumbled my 1% miserably.

tankertoad
2006.12.30, 03:22 PM
My order did get lost and TinyRC is working with RCP to get it straightened out.

arch2b
2006.12.30, 03:40 PM
you were rightly concerend about an important purchase. this is how the shop feels about everyone's purchases.

there are means to acheiving a resolution thru posting here, the support ticket system and possibly phone number for any problem. all that is asked is that customers use those systems and trust that the shop and any of us moderators are keenly aware and invested in assuring a resolution is acheived. this at times requires a bit of patience before going off the hilt making accusations etc.

sue to the nature of this issue, deailing with a 3rd party (rcp) and the natually hectic time of year for both customer and shop owner, you can understand why this may have taken a tad longer to resolve.

i am certainly happy your issue was resolved and that you are satisfied. i have not met a customer yet that mini-z has not achieved a positive resolution to any problem.

wiether or not this thread gets removed is up to mini-z. i do not like removing threads, good or bad as it artifically portrays certain atmosphere. i would prefer that this thread remain so that even those that see there was indeed an issue had, that it was resolved.

tankertoad
2007.01.08, 04:59 PM
you were rightly concerend about an important purchase. this is how the shop feels about everyone's purchases.

there are means to acheiving a resolution thru posting here, the support ticket system and possibly phone number for any problem. all that is asked is that customers use those systems and trust that the shop and any of us moderators are keenly aware and invested in assuring a resolution is acheived. this at times requires a bit of patience before going off the hilt making accusations etc.

sue to the nature of this issue, deailing with a 3rd party (rcp) and the natually hectic time of year for both customer and shop owner, you can understand why this may have taken a tad longer to resolve.

i am certainly happy your issue was resolved and that you are satisfied. i have not met a customer yet that mini-z has not achieved a positive resolution to any problem.

wiether or not this thread gets removed is up to mini-z. i do not like removing threads, good or bad as it artifically portrays certain atmosphere. i would prefer that this thread remain so that even those that see there was indeed an issue had, that it was resolved.

Do you have a phone # that actually get answered? My order finally arrived today...and it is messed up. :mad: I'm leaving town in 12 hours and would love to get this fixed before I go.

arch2b
2007.01.08, 06:25 PM
there should have been a contact number in your order receipt. i personally do not have any contact numbers as i think i've only called once in 5 years.

Spoon
2007.01.08, 06:40 PM
Do you have a phone # that actually get answered? My order finally arrived today...and it is messed up. :mad: I'm leaving town in 12 hours and would love to get this fixed before I go.

Is it all RCP stuff? If so, call or email RCP. He should be able to make it right.

tankertoad
2007.01.08, 06:45 PM
Thanks, but they just don't answer that one.
RCP sent Short 45s instead of Long 45s. I actually like them better, but Tiny RC only sells Long 45s, and that's what I paid for.
I'll see what I can get accomplished with another Support Ticket.

arch2b
2007.01.08, 06:49 PM
at this point, i would be inclined to say it's an rcp issue. if your order was processed as what you paid for, it was a shipping error from rcp.

it's very uncommon for that to happen but you seemed to ahev won the lottery on single order with the most snafu's.

in this case, a support ticket will work but the issue will simply get forwarded to rcp. if you have emailed rcp previously, please do so again to check that the p.o. listed the correct item you paid for. either way rcp has equally always taken care of his customers.

tankertoad
2007.01.08, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info :)
I'm off to buy some Power Ball tickets now :D

tankertoad
2007.01.08, 08:40 PM
Problem solved. RCP comes through once again!! Thanks to John for a quick response and quick resolution!

BTW - The new tiles are awesome! They have transformed my Mini-96 into a totally different track. Now I just need a bigger house :rolleyes:

arch2b
2007.01.08, 10:14 PM
as i said, i do not know of a customer who was not satified with the service, despite the rare snafu.

and yes, rcp is awsome :) as is mini-z :cool:

hpgod
2007.01.17, 12:00 PM
WHEN IS THE PREORDERED TRACKS form december shipping out. Date on Order stated 1-12. No shipping notices yet as of 1-17.

birdy233
2007.01.18, 03:29 PM
I received an e-mail yesterday that they expect them to start shipping Friday