Roswell, GA 30076
(770) 740-2915

Race Time
-------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 1:00pm

Season Schedule
----------------------
This season's schedule will consist of 10 races. The dates are as follows (all Saturdays):

Jan 6th
Jan 20th
Feb 3rd
Feb 17th
Mar 3rd
Mar 17th
Mar 31st
April 14th
April 28th
May 12th

Classes
----------
Stock Class - Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in the point standings. We will use a driver's best 6 races to determine their points (throw out 4 races). Stock class rules will be the same as the HFAY (How Fast Are You) rules. Click here for Stock Class Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95)

Open Class - Since turnout in this class may be relatively low, we will not award prizes for points. Drivers would still be eligible for the raffle at the end of the season as long as they compete in 6 of our 10 races. Click here for Open Class Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97)

Other Classes - We can always run different classes (Novice, X-Mod, etc.) if there are at least 2 people that want to. If we wind up running other classes, there will be no prizes for the points of those classes. Drivers would still be eligible for the raffle at the end of the season as long as they compete in 6 of our 10 races.

Track configuration
--------------------------
We will change the track layout after 2 to 3 events depending upon the consensus of the drivers. When we change the layout, we will change it immediately after en event so that the new layout is available for practice up until the next race.

Prizes
--------
At the end of the season, we will award prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in the point standings for Stock class only. These prizes will be along the lines of hop-up parts and accessories (such as those from Atomic or PN-Racing).

We will also hold a raffle for one “BIG” prize. Anyone competing in at least 6 of the 10 races will be eligible for the raffle of… drum roll please… a brand new…. yes, you guessed it… a brand new Kyosho Mini-Z MA010.

Hope to see everyone again this year! Good luck and good racing!

AtlRC
2006.12.30, 12:50 PM
So, who is planning on attending at least 6 races this season so that you are eligible for the raffle of the Mini-Z MA010?

bemoore
2007.01.01, 10:23 PM
Count me in.

TruReaper(Chad)
2007.01.02, 08:43 PM
Well i dont think i will be attending these races if these are the rules....i am not gonna buy a 3rd motor just to run a stock class after i bought a pn stock and atomic stock motor. Also If I have to rent or purchase a transponder to race after paying a race fee...which should include a transponder I wont race. Theres nowhere else to race with these transponders anyway. IF these rules dont change I will just stay racing my bigger rc scales and also invite people over to my house to race on a track in my garage with no fees at all. Just plan fun and food for all.

TruReaper(Chad)
2007.01.02, 08:45 PM
You should have took suggestions that were posted before as far as rules and not make your own to have everything your way. Its just gonna lower the amount of racers plus its the same as before only 5-7 racers a race. Thats not getting better.

hpgod
2007.01.03, 06:55 AM
complaining on having to run a $10 motor, and renting the transponder for $3 I think. Come on. Most 1/10th tracks rent the $90 transponder for $10 a day, It will cost you more is Gas money right now to run at an indoor track 1 day then buying a stock motor. Look at it this way its track time the show is quick and you get plenty of radio time. Come out have fun, and enjoy this as a hobby.

I think I am bringing Blake again, We will be there right at start time as his B-Ball game is in social circle at 10AM.

TruReaper(Chad)
2007.01.03, 11:43 AM
No 10th scale tracks I have been too charge to rent transponders when you pay a race fee. Also after spending 40$ for stock motors to run and now i have to buy another one just to run these rules. Thats bull crap. I have several grand invested in 10th scale cars to keep putting money into these cars. The rules should accomedate everyone and not just a few. Rules should have been discussed more. Plus the amount of racers is the same at every race. No increase at all. If rules dont change to accomedate everyone This track will fail just like the last track we raced on.

AtlRC
2007.01.03, 01:22 PM
Chill out Chadwick! No need to be hostile. Last I remember we were all friends here! Sorry to hear that you are upset and won't be coming. I would however like to address a few points that you brought up.

1) You previously posted "I think we need to post pone the first points race so we can discuss this at the next race so everyone can voice their opinion on this matter."... I said good idea... you didn't show up, so we had the discussion without you. Sorry you couldn't make it.

2) I did take into consideration the suggestions that were posted and discussed at that "next" race. We decided that HFAY rules would work for us. These were created to make things as fair as possible.

3) Your stock motors "are" faster than the Kyosho stock motor.... so for stock class, should I tell everyone else they need to buy more expensive motors to keep up with Chad... or should you buy (or someone could loan you) a cheaper Kyosho stock motor to keep the playing field fair (and more fun)? By the way, I did say that we will be running an Open class, so you could run in that class no problem.

5) The number or racers has grown since last year... slightly but grown never the less. I believe we have currently doubled our avg # of racers. Moving the races to a shop (which will soon have some parts for us as well) has and I believe will continue to increase our numbers.

4) I put the $3 fee for the transponder tag simply so that people will buy their own. I didn't take time to explain this before since I didn't feel it was a big deal, but here's an explanation for ya.... It's becoming a hassle and taking much more setup time to figure out who had what tag at the last race, reshuffle, and reprogram the tags when different people show up. Some of the tags are taken home accidentally, and they are getting worn since they are taped in and out of everyone's cars. We're growing (slowly but surely) and I only have about 10 total tags and we have used all of them. I just spent another $150 on more tags. Trust me, it would take a long time (if ever) to rent them and get that money back not to mention the $1000+ that I've spent in order to buy all the necessary things to provide everyone a good place to race. So, I didn't feel it was too much to ask that someone buy a $15 tag that they could keep in their car and be ready to race when they showed up. In the mean time, I thought that if a person can't afford a $15 dollar tag (like some of the young kids that race :rolleyes: ), I figured they could rent a tag until they could afford the $15... again this was just to encourage people to buy their own since I'd rather not administer tags at every race (which by the way, you do not have to do with 10th scale transponders). FYI: Toys For Boys (and other places that I have been) did charge extra to rent their transponders.

If you can get past the transponder thing... I'd be happy to loan you a $12 stock motor to run stock class with us. And remember you can run your motors in Open class. Hope to see you again... but if not, I'll see you again sometime running 10th scale... and then I'm going to kick your (beep) for being such a pain in the (beep) ;) ! Just kidding... kind of. Take care Chad.

Later,
-Patrick

briankstan
2007.01.03, 02:54 PM
I just thought I would post a few of the things that we do here at Salt Lake Mini-Z.

1. We require each person to have 1 transponder per class of car that is being run. Not having to worry about reprogramming the transponders at each race save alot of time.

2. We don't charge a per race fee, but we do have a entrance fee of $10 per person per points series to cover the cost of the trophies/prizes.

3. We don't award trophies/prizes unless we have a minimum of 4 racers driving in each class.

just a note on the HFAY rules. These rules came about with 4 or 5 clubs initially working on the and determined that these were fair for all that compete, and to keep thinks fair and simple, as new clubs joined in their input was also welcome in setting/modifing/adding to the rules. They have been in place for 2 full seasons and have worked out really well. We have make some accomodations to fit in the stock motors from both the Xmods and Iwavers. Leaving the determining factor in winning to be the driver and consistancy, not better equipment.

We have started our 3rd season, and expect to have over 120 racers competing this season.

Good luck with your racing there in Atlanta. :D

JJRACING
2007.01.03, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know if Miguel has any awd. mini-z's?
I'll be there glitch and all.
Hopefully my Futaba transmitter and crystals solve the problem.

AtlRC
2007.01.03, 06:55 PM
Does anyone know if Miguel has any awd. mini-z's?
I'll be there glitch and all.
Hopefully my Futaba transmitter and crystals solve the problem.

I take it that this is Jeff!

I called Miguel last week and had him order my AWD. He was going to order a bunch of Mini-Z parts that I recommended. I believe he was going to order an AWD for the shop as well but I wouldn't swear to it. I'll call him tomorrow to see if we should have parts and kits by Saturday. Of course you can call him too, but I'll post what I find out.

See you Saturday... hopefully without glitches!

pinoyboy
2007.01.03, 07:43 PM
Yo Chad, I'll gladly give you a stock Iwaver motor for free. Its brand new. If you feel later that it can't hang with the Kyosho stock motors, I beleive I also have a Stock Kyosho Armature I'll give you free of charge as well!

Also, Patrick, quick question. I removed the windows inside my Supra body so I can get it to fit the AWD chassis. If not, I would have had to cut down some of the plastic down that covers the PCB. I found it easier to remove thw windows rather than hacking up my new AWD, plus risk getting all of those RCP debris all over the PCB.

Unfortunately, I misplaced the windows. So I was wondering if it would be ok if I just glued some weight on the inside of the body under the roof?

AtlRC
2007.01.03, 07:51 PM
Also, Patrick, quick question. I removed the windows inside my Supra body so I can get it to fit the AWD chassis. If not, I would have had to cut down some of the plastic down that covers the PCB. I found it easier to remove thw windows rather than hacking up my new AWD, plus risk getting all of those RCP debris all over the PCB.

Unfortunately, I misplaced the windows. So I was wondering if it would be ok if I just glued some weight on the inside of the body under the roof?

If you are racing in Open class (which is what I am guessing), then I don't believe there are any rules about lightening a car or body, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If you wanted to run in stock class, then we can talk about it at the race. The stock class rules do mention something about removing "too much" material from the body.

pinoyboy
2007.01.03, 07:55 PM
yea, I'm running the same body for both stock and modified class. I'll keep looking for the windows, but right now, it seems looks like its gone

**Edit** Nevermind, I got it! No problem now! :D

AtlRC
2007.01.03, 08:42 PM
I just thought I would post a few of the things that we do here at Salt Lake Mini-Z.

1. We require each person to have 1 transponder per class of car that is being run. Not having to worry about reprogramming the transponders at each race save alot of time.

2. We don't charge a per race fee, but we do have a entrance fee of $10 per person per points series to cover the cost of the trophies/prizes.

3. We don't award trophies/prizes unless we have a minimum of 4 racers driving in each class.

just a note on the HFAY rules. These rules came about with 4 or 5 clubs initially working on the and determined that these were fair for all that compete, and to keep thinks fair and simple, as new clubs joined in their input was also welcome in setting/modifing/adding to the rules. They have been in place for 2 full seasons and have worked out really well. We have make some accomodations to fit in the stock motors from both the Xmods and Iwavers. Leaving the determining factor in winning to be the driver and consistancy, not better equipment.

We have started our 3rd season, and expect to have over 120 racers competing this season.

Good luck with your racing there in Atlanta. :D

Thanks briankstan! Your input is appreciated.

120 racers! You guys rock! We'll get there... it may take a few years but we will... what's your secret?

AtlRC
2007.01.03, 08:44 PM
complaining on having to run a $10 motor, and renting the transponder for $3 I think. Come on. Most 1/10th tracks rent the $90 transponder for $10 a day, It will cost you more is Gas money right now to run at an indoor track 1 day then buying a stock motor. Look at it this way its track time the show is quick and you get plenty of radio time. Come out have fun, and enjoy this as a hobby.

I think I am bringing Blake again, We will be there right at start time as his B-Ball game is in social circle at 10AM.

Cool, we'll see you guys there!

Ninja
2007.01.10, 01:54 AM
I am sure that I will be joining in on this winter season of racing with you guys. My work schedule has changed as of next Monday. I will be having weekends off from now on. Since racing in Chatt. was on Thursday nights, I wont be able to attend those after this week. I will however be taking part in alot of the Dade county 1:10 racing as well. I'm going to go read the OLPS rules now to see if I would be in stock or mod class. Is anybody running any crazy setups in mod class like huge FET stacks and hot motors? Would anybody in the ATL be able to do a FET stack on my 02?

EDIT: I just read the rules and I am sure I am clear for the stock class, just need to buy a motor ;)
But just to make sure. I have a stock board in my 02, It has had a FET replacement, but still 3004's. I have a ball diff, alloy motor mount, DPS system, Alloy knuckles, alloy toe bar, ball bearings, and alloy JPL bar. I think that all this falls as safe in the stock class but one thing I am not sure of. I destroyed the power wires running from the battery connections to the board when I was doing a chassis swap a while back, and swapped them out with PN color I-mac motor wires. Will this be a problem in the stock class?

hpgod
2007.01.10, 06:56 AM
come run, Patrick ran his stock car in mod class(and won) last time, 2 guys were running awds in mod with I think nothing more then like the Atomic speedy motor, nothing crazy, consistancy and traffic management is more the challenge the raw speed when there is more then 3 people on the 2L track. Race day is a nice laid back quick show(will take time if needed for repairs), We normaly start ~1 and are done ~4 with 2-3 heats. I see no issue with rewire as it does not effect power at this level.

Ninja
2007.01.10, 12:08 PM
right, I assume you are talking about Kevin and Hank when you mention the AWD's. I ran a few laps with them a while back with my 02, It was a blast. I have been up against Shaun on a 1:10 track and I know how well he drives and sets up his car :D I am sure you are all a great bunch of guys and cant wait to make some laps with the rest of you.

How many racers do you have on a regular basis?

AtlRC
2007.01.10, 03:57 PM
right, I assume you are talking about Kevin and Hank when you mention the AWD's. I ran a few laps with them a while back with my 02, It was a blast. I have been up against Shaun on a 1:10 track and I know how well he drives and sets up his car :D I am sure you are all a great bunch of guys and cant wait to make some laps with the rest of you.

How many racers do you have on a regular basis?

Sorry I didn't get to come out and play with you guys when you came down last. :( We can't wait to have you come down to race with us! I think this year we are averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 to 10 racers. I think our numbers will continue to grow this year since we are in a hobby shop and get several people coming through to watch us race.

Your wires are not a problem. I have different motor wires on my cars as well.

Hope to see you soon!