PDA

View Full Version : a few F1 questions

fastXracer24
2006.12.29, 08:26 PM
alright I got a F1 ferrari mini-z for Christmas. I am impressed! these cars are amazing. i do have a few questions though. When I am driving my F1 around it sounds really loud. Is that because the x-speed is a loud motor or something else? My next question is how much better are 3010 FETs compared to the 3004 FETs? another question I have is, are there any parts that I need te be aware of that are most likely to break if any?

thanks for any replys.
Fast

bolter9
2006.12.29, 10:42 PM
alright I got a F1 ferrari mini-z for Christmas. I am impressed! these cars are amazing. i do have a few questions though. When I am driving my F1 around it sounds really loud. Is that because the x-speed is a loud motor or something else? My next question is how much better are 3010 FETs compared to the 3004 FETs? another question I have is, are there any parts that I need te be aware of that are most likely to break if any?

thanks for any replys.
Fast

Hey fastXracer24- welcome to mini-z F1!

To answer your questions- your F1 shouldn't be any louder then a normal mini Z. Typically loudness can be a result of a worn pinion/poor gear mesh, but that's probably not the case on a new F1. I'd recommend checking the gears and making sure there are no foreign objects stuck in there. Also make sure you have the motor seated properly, and that the gear mesh feels nice and smooth. You might also want to try cleaning your motor with a motor cleaning spray.

Regarding commonly broken parts. Fortunately the F1 is stronger then you might expect- however there are a couple of parts that take more of a beating then others. Specifically: front suspensions knuckles, front bumper, wheels and motor pod. Out of my six f1s, and the guys in my group who own them, those are the parts we're replacing most often.

Hope that helps- and hope you enjoy your F1! it's the best min z IMO.

pianoman
2006.12.30, 05:01 AM
Yo! Awesome first RC car for you and Merry X-mas! Ok.. Your F1 is the same as my first mini z. This is what I broke and what I upgraded to make (in my honest opinion) an excellent car.

1. The back right wheel can break because the hub has like a 'slot' in it that grips the differential. Put a glob of glue on each side of the plastic (inside the rim) to strenghten it.

2. Stickier rear rubber. buy a couple tires for the back...the stock tires are way hard and tought to get off but just flip them inside out and they will come off. get softer back tires and the car WILL NOT SPIN OUT hardly at all. To get the effect of sticky back tires take your stock tires and wash them with soap and water (just a wet washcloth will do while they are on the car) and try your car. Nice, yea?

3. That's about it. there are lots of upgrades (metal front hubs, differential, motor, fets, steering bar, shock, etc, that are kewl and order them from the shop cause they have hyper fast shipping and reasonable prices.

Cheers, and drive your car till it's an extention, cause the f1 is the best mini-z in the world bro. congrats and good luck,

Pianoman

fastXracer24
2006.12.30, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the replys. I am going to order some tire I was just wanting to know where the store is located. Is it located in the US or somewhere else?

arch2b
2006.12.30, 04:27 PM
the shop that supports this site is located in michigan