PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Disharger Reviews

Spoon
2007.01.01, 11:47 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Atomic discharger. I did a search but some time has passed since it came out and I am looking for more recent info before I pick one up.

Also, does anyone really know a good discharge current/cutoff voltage for intellects? My BC-900 will discharge at 500mA max. I notice that the Atomic tray discharges faster than that.

casual
2007.01.02, 02:34 PM
maybe this could help you out

http://intellect-battery.com/06-rc-battery-handling/06-index.htm (intellect)

shuter
2007.01.02, 08:12 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Atomic discharger. I did a search but some time has passed since it came out and I am looking for more recent info before I pick one up.

Also, does anyone really know a good discharge current/cutoff voltage for intellects? My BC-900 will discharge at 500mA max. I notice that the Atomic tray discharges faster than that.

I have been looking into the issue and like most things it is not as simple as it sounds. Try "battery university.com" Isador Buckmans "Batteries In A Portable World" is available on line. Preliminary, but I think the way to go is one of the new generation of smart chargers like the MAHA MH-9000. It has very complex charge/discharge alogrithms and sensors designed specifically to get the most out of our AA & AAA batteries. It also features a "capacity analizer" for battery matching. Something not being addressed on the recent battery threads. I think knowing a batteries "capaciity" is the key. Charging a group of batteries to a full shut off point ignores each batteries capacity and is not a reliable indicator of performance, especially where a group of batteries is concerned. Think of the four batteries in your Mini-Z as a chain. It will only be as strong as the weakest link, or in this case the weakest battery. On a more direct note. The discharge rate does not appear critical with small nimh batteries. The depth of discharge and charge rate are.