PDA

View Full Version : New Project - will I ever finish it?

Mondo
2002.04.15, 11:59 AM
Here's a new project I am working on.
It's a Crysler PT Cruiser.
It's one of those sub $10 'clip together' efforts, but, hey who cares?
Currently it's mounted on my AutoScale chassis front bulkhead with an alloy motor mount on the rear, as I am using this to get the measurements correct for real time use.
I have different alloys on the front and rear, as I'm still working out which ones look best on this Custom.

Needless to say, it has an extended H-Plate, all skew, as it's a temporary solution until I get the time to make a straight one.
The front mounts is complete and the side mounts need to be glued.
I've decided to paint it metallic French blue. I've even debbled in an airbrush :)

A big bonus is the front and rear bumpers, they do an excellent job of protecting the front and rear ends from impacts.

Ken Mifune
2002.04.15, 12:41 PM
I was going to do a PT Cruiser.
Why not chop it to fit the 94mm wheelbase? It'll be a 2-door Cruiser. And lower the roof a bit. I even hacked a photo of it to see what it'd look like but I decided on the '39 Wagon Rod (very Pt Cruiser-ish). I'm far from done.

btw- I like rims on the front better. IMO

hey, where's the '58 Plymouth?

Russ
2002.04.15, 12:58 PM
hehe, definately looks cool!!! I've always loved PT Cruisers. My parents rented one a few months back, and you know what they say...pay $9 a day & you can do whatever the hell you want with a rental car. Pretty underpowered, but drove ALOT better than I expected it to!!

Slid pretty nice too :) hahaha...

Anyway, can't wait to see her finished!!!

Mondo
2002.04.15, 01:26 PM
Ken,

The other Custom is a '56 Chevy Bel-Air.
It's monsterous, the wheelbase is so long it's quite incredible.
Also, as I said, it was a pre-built model and needed some TLC. I've fixed it up fairly well, I just have to fill the hole cut in the bonnet (hood) that was for the tasteless air-scoop.
I also have to make some tail lights too, as these were missing.
Once the PT is finished, the Bel Air will continue, but it will take time, as so much needs to be done.

SkylineR34man
2002.04.15, 03:33 PM
ehh ive never liked those bloody cruisers. BAH! but looks good just need to cut the roof off. Oh BTW can some1 explain wut this CHOPPING thing is??

PITZON
2002.04.15, 04:03 PM
Think it looks sweet! I´m not such great fan of the cruiser eather but your body will be great!

btw: Think "Chopping" means to make the roof lower and give the car a more agressive look =)

Dont think thats needed here because it´s cool as it is :D

Hardtrukr
2002.04.15, 04:45 PM
Woah! A "PT Crusty"! I like to call them that. Very nice Mondo! I looks like it fits nicely ;)

Ken Mifune
2002.04.15, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by PITZON
btw: Think "Chopping" means to make the roof lower and give the car a more agressive look...
In this case I meant both.

wrcracer
2002.04.15, 08:21 PM
gramps has a PT. it sucks. it will NOT downshift. (not because of a faulty transmission, just bad gearing) but they are cool looking. if you chop 'em. but mondo, that one does look good.

Russ
2002.04.15, 08:33 PM
Tell "Gramps" he needs to adjust his transmission detent cable a little bit ;)

wrcracer
2002.04.16, 07:59 AM
transmission detent cable = jibberish to my grandfather (pistons? oh, those are the things in motors, right?)

zanthrax
2002.04.16, 11:22 AM
Nice body!!
as with most 1/24 body the wheels look a bit skinny. Maybe you could do something like this:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2865 or http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=11439

pay $9 a day & you can do whatever the hell you want with a rental car.
It an AM/FM radio :(

Don't forget the $9 insurance!! :)

Mondo
2002.04.16, 03:12 PM
zanthrax,

I forgot to mention, this is a 1/25 scale kit and the width is perfrect!!!
The slightly wider alloy wheels finish it off nicely too..

As for chopping, I couldn't cut through a ribbon straight with a chainsaw! I am "chop-challenged" :)

wrcracer
2002.04.16, 07:02 PM
Zanthrx, who did that humvee? gonna have to go give that guy a pat on the back!:p no, really, who's chassis was the other pic? and are the tires on the "naked Z" lego tires, like my hummer tires?

zanthrax
2002.04.17, 03:37 AM
You did....
the chassis is ken (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=10)'s. I found it in this thread (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1477&highlight=lego+tires)

wrcracer
2002.04.17, 08:02 AM
that was a joke.;)