PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for additional Mini-Z advertising?

Spoon
2007.01.04, 01:24 PM
I don't know what percentage of Kyosho's sales consist of Mini-Z but they really have a great product that is affordable and accessible to everyone. There is no doubt that there are world-class drivers in this hobby yet there does not seem to be very much promotion of the scale.

Maybe it's not worth enough money to Kyosho but it seems like it would make sense to push some sort of regional advertising plan with hobby shops that are interested in running events.

Tim, do you know what efforts Kyosho has planned (if any) to promote Mini-Z's? For the local groups (DC GTG, Dorks on Wheels, Charlottesville Mini Speedway) it's a hard-slow road to build up a steady group of racers.

cjm_2007
2007.01.04, 01:49 PM
I don't know what percentage of Kyosho's sales consist of Mini-Z but they really have a great product that is affordable and accessible to everyone. There is no doubt that there are world-class drivers in this hobby yet there does not seem to be very much promotion of the scale.

word.

mini-z racing is so much cheaper than 1/10th it's unbelievable.

scale looks, equality of machinery so skills mean more than the depth of your wallet, and the ability to have a decent track in not much space?

i'd love to see a well promoted seires for these cars - and more racers in the uk :)

Draconious
2007.01.04, 02:10 PM
This is a screen shot of what I have been driving around in LiveForSpeed.net racing simulator...

This was just a prototype/test my first worth while skin (Ive done others but they sucked)... its not done yet, was waiting to see if TRC had more logos and graphics I could use...

The way the simulator works now, is I can make a skin, put it on the server, and other peoeple automaticly download the skin, so everyone will see it when I race them.

Its not KYOSHO, but I was going to also do a Mini-ZRacer.com and Kyosho car, with a render of a Mini-Z its logo and transmiter on the roof... not exactly what your asking, since its UNOFFICIAL advertisement, but close. ;)

The next skin will likely be for the BWM F1 that was recently added to the game...

Tim, would Kyosho object to me making/using a Kyosho skin car? ;) Or maybe.... sponsor it with free mini-z parts ;) lol!!!

HaCo
2007.01.04, 02:45 PM
LFS rulez! :)

MiniZ Nascar series is the best promotion it can get!!

Roketmini
2007.01.04, 05:54 PM
I drift an XRT in the demo :D

I might put up a quick 30 second sample of what I can do on youtube.

TheRinger
2007.01.05, 10:53 PM
LFS rulez! :)

MiniZ Nascar series is the best promotion it can get!!

Unfortunetly, HaCo is right.

Tim Johnson
2007.01.05, 11:07 PM
Unfortunetly, HaCo is right.

has anyone picked up an r/c mag this month or last? there should be some mini-z releated ads out there......... whoo hooo to the audi!lol

Lionblade
2007.01.05, 11:21 PM
According to the owner of ARCMS,

Hi everyone! NY1 News will be filming at Action RC Mini Speedway TOMORROW!!! I know it's last minute, but that's news for you, so PLEASE try to come down and get yourself on TV. They are also filming LIVE for the morning show Monday morning. I never ask you guys for favors, but this is a great opportunity to really let the city know about the great racing program that we enjoy, and I could really use a full-house. Besides, it's Week # 1 of the new series, and Week # 1 of the newest class - MR015 Spec! These are basically the Hatchback cars we ran, but now you are allowed to use any body that does NOT fit on an MR02! Break out the Vipers, old Skylines and Subarus!

NY1 is the biggest news station in the city, so this could be really good promotion for Z's over here.