PDA

View Full Version : Order Question...poor service

birdy233
2007.01.06, 09:36 AM
Hello, I placed an order and also sent a support ticket on 12/27/06 about the RCP tracks....still no response about my question, and still no parts that I ordered ( I did order a RCP track which is backordered). I spent $200 with Tiny RC and have many more dollars to spend as I get more into the Mini-z world....I am a very very good spending customer and would hate to spend my money elsewhere

Spoon
2007.01.06, 10:39 AM
Sometimes Mini-Z is a little slow to respond to emails and support tickets but he is very good about shipping items promptly. If the track is back ordered, there really isn't much he can do. I know it's frustrating to wait for an electronic response...you could try calling. There is a number somewhere in the shop or you could search the forums. It's posted here somewhere.

hobbycar
2007.01.06, 11:37 AM
You can also post a thread in the RCP Support Forum (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55).

Apparently you can contact RCP directly via email (tracksales@sbcglobal.net) to see if they got your PO (Purchase Order) from TinyRC. My understanding is RCP Tracks are direct shipped from RCP.

Also double check your Support Ticket. You actually have to click on "Messages" within the specific Support Ticket to see the responses.

-hobbycar

briankstan
2007.01.06, 11:55 AM
also note that it was posted that they are moving and no orders will be shipped this week. they will ship out on monday....

Quoted from TinyRC shop front page
12/30/2006

Over the past week, we completed the move to our new warehouse; there is still a lot to do after having physically moved everything, so we will not be processing orders* from Tuesday, January 2nd through Friday, January 5th. Orders placed before 2pm EST on Monday, January 1st, will be processed, however, our plans were significantly complicated with the announcement that in addition to being closed on New Year's Day, USPS will be closed on Tuesday, January 2nd, in observance of the national day of mourning for President Gerald R. Ford. As such, orders placed before 2pm on New Year's Day will actually ship on Wednesday, the 3rd. Orders placed after 2pm on Monday will ship on Monday, January 8th. *The exception to all of this is orders for RCP Tracks, who were closed this past week, but resume shipping on Tuesday, January 2nd, and are not affected by our warehouse move.

birdy233
2007.01.08, 06:29 PM
thanks for the info guys!

birdy233
2007.01.11, 06:06 PM
I have received my items that I had ordered that happen to be in stock, but still had some questions about some other items and have yet to hear back. This was from December 27th. I sent another support ticket and also an e-mail so we shall see if my question gets answered.

Does the owner check this site or is there a phone number I can call??

Ninja
2007.01.11, 09:38 PM
he does check the forums here. There is also a phone number at the bottom of your order confirmation e-mail ;)

birdy233
2007.02.08, 09:20 PM
Whew, I sent another order request via a support ticket almost a week ago and still no response...I spent close to $400 with these guys and they never respond... "F" on customer support :mad:

Draconious
2007.02.08, 09:55 PM
I will asume its the track that was not instock... when things are not instock you usually have to wait till they are instock before the store can ship them to you... that is usualy a given, so I would asume isntead of repeating this over and over to you in email he is spending his time sorting other orders... and trying to aquire the items you ordered.

birdy233
2007.02.09, 05:33 AM
I will asume its the track that was not instock... when things are not instock you usually have to wait till they are instock before the store can ship them to you... that is usualy a given, so I would asume isntead of repeating this over and over to you in email he is spending his time sorting other orders... and trying to aquire the items you ordered.

This is not about the track order, I have received that order. This is a new order, and I wanted to order some other items that were not listed on the site and Arch suggested to send a support ticket, which I did and I have yet to hear back. I need to see if I can order the parts, a simple yes or no that way I can expect the part to be ordered or I have to find another source if they cannot order the parts I need. Does that seem unreasonable, does that seem like shakey customer service?

arch2b
2007.02.09, 08:20 AM
i think drac misunderstood.

thank you for trying the support ticket. i do not however think it's indicative of shakey customer support.
what your asking also does not sound unreasonable. for whatever reason you did not get your reply as fast as you would like or expect, that's the gist of it and i'll pester david to check the ticket and reply.

birdy233
2007.02.09, 08:26 AM
i think drac misunderstood.

thank you for trying the support ticket. i do not however think it's indicative of shakey customer support.
what your asking also does not sound unreasonable. for whatever reason you did not get your reply as fast as you would like or expect, that's the gist of it and i'll pester david to check the ticket and reply.

Thanks Arch....

If this happened once using the support ticket, no problem. After three times of slow or no response for three different orders I do start to question the support ticket/customer service issue..agree?

GrfxDan
2007.02.09, 08:39 AM
...does that seem like shakey customer service?

I've experienced nothing but great customer service from the tinyrc shop. All of my orders have shipped very quickly and they've responded to my emails in a very timely manner.

Because email is instant and easy to use I think sometimes customers expect instant replies to their questions. Most online store owners don't sit around waiting to receive emails to respond to, their time is better spent on other tasks. It's not unreasonable to wait 24-48 hours for a response. If none is received within that time then I'd recommend sending another email or finding a customer support phone number to call.

Ninja
2007.02.09, 08:42 AM
you also have to remember that this is winter season. Also meaning that it is Mini-Z season. There are alot of racers, including myself, who race 1:10 or 1:12 on-road and off-road during the summer, and only race Mini-Z in the winter. Our entire race club does this, as I am sure there are ALOT of other racers that do this as well. This increases sales of Mini-Z in the winter. Alot of Shops sell out of common items during the Winter months b/c there are more racers buying new tires, wheels, chassis, bodies and other expendable items. If this is the case then the shop was probably experiancing the same difficulties as you. Checking sources for the parts requested and finding nothing in stock.

Also were the parts you requested normally carried by the shop here? Or were you just asking if he could get them for you? If they arent normally carried in stock, then he may have had to find a source for them, then set up some kind of buyers/resell account so he could get them in stock. Similar to the TAGU wheels and Pro-Z chassis you find listed on the site here. At one time there was enough interest for these items and he stocked a few, they sold, interest dropped, and never re-stocked. If it is still listed, just "Out Of Stock" then he can most likely still get them.

Enough ranting for me :D

birdy233
2007.02.09, 08:49 AM
It's not unreasonable to wait 24-48 hours for a response. If none is received within that time then I'd recommend sending another email or finding a customer support phone number to call.

I fully understand 24-48 hours to wait..but a week or two? And for a business owner your number one priority should be to answer customer questions in 24-48 hours not a week.

It seems I'm barking up the wrong tree here as nobody here seems to think a week (several weeks on another) for waiting for a response on three occasions is a problem.

Maybe since I'm new here that is the way that "newbies" are treated. I'm glad everyone else has such an easy time.

Ninja
2007.02.09, 09:02 AM
I do not think you are being treated unfairly. Most people look around at many shops and order where they can find what they need. If you want the stuff badly enough you may even place orders from several different shops just to get everything you want, and pay the extra shipping. A couple months ago I placed an order from an un-named US shop for some Items I wanted, went to a Hong Kong site and started to place an order for the rest of my stuff. After looking through the HK site for the parts I normally get from them and not finding them, I ended up placing 3 different orders that day. 2 of which were from the same shop, and only placed an hour apart. I paid the extra shipping and in a week, I had everything I ordered. Sometimes you just have to look around. Also sometimes if you cant find what you need in the shop here, post a thread here on the forums saying you searched through the shop here and couldnt find the items you wanted and if anybody could sell you some or tell you where to get them. I have had better response with that than anything else.

arch2b
2007.02.09, 09:48 AM
i agree that waiting a week for any kind of response is unreasonable. it simply shouldn't happen. in your case it has and while i do not run the shop, i offer my apologies. in the end all i can do is pester mini-z which ususally does the trick.
just my opinion but what i think happens is that tickets regarding restock questions get replied to intially and since they are dependant on outside sources for resolution, there is often lengths of time inbetween were there is simply no news to report which is what i think may have happened. regardless though, all open tickest should receive some sort of reply at a min. interval regardless of the resolution status. i'll do my bes to see that, that happens.

yes, as others have pointed out, a good favorites folder is often the key to sourcing everything you need as nearly 95% of the time no one shop will have everything

also, please don't take replies personally or as an attack. i can almost gaurantee you that is not how they are intended. i think tim for example was clarifying that k.usa indeed does use shopatron, for whatever reason where as k. in other regions certainly use other means so when referring to k. in general, you need to be a bit more specific sometimes.

i'm not a fan of shopatron either. i've had an order split and part of it eventually canceled. your better off ordering from multiple sites than hoping the consortium shopatron uses has all of what you requested. atleast you know up front what your paying and when to expect it.

birdy233
2007.02.09, 10:49 AM
Thanks Arch!

hobbycar
2007.02.09, 11:20 AM
It seems the consensus is that the Shop here is really good at quickly processing and shipping orders that are for parts that are in stock.

But recently there have been a couple communication time and response issues/mixups for orders or requests for parts that are out-of-stock, backordered, or fulfilled by a third-party.

Like Arch2b I do not work for the Shop but know the owner David and he is working to improve it where possible. I will also try talking to him about your request.

-hobbycar

GrfxDan
2007.02.09, 11:26 AM
I fully understand 24-48 hours to wait..but a week or two?...

A week or longer (anything over 2-3 days for that matter) is an unreasonable wait. I didn't realize you had waited that long. I can't speak for why it's taken that long and would hope that after this thread you would get a response quickly.

arch2b
2007.02.09, 11:32 AM
rest assured, any complaints are evaluated. afterall, we get to learn from them and they serve to make the experience even better. try to look at mistakes as an opportunity to address/resolve a problem as a means of growth. everyone makes them, it's all in how you learn form them :) :)