PDA

View Full Version : 1/24 Tomitech Aero's

marc
2007.01.07, 10:22 PM
Hello. Anybody have any experience with the 1/24 scale Tomitech Aero RC cars? Alot of the bodies look pretty cool and some have optional bumpers much like Xmods. They have the RX8, and a new really nice AE86 Trueno.
However, the chassis looks like a toy and doesn't appear to have proportional steering.
I've seen somebody at Mini-Z Bar. take the RX8 and make it work on Mini-Z.

machine
2007.01.08, 08:06 PM
they are junk, unless you give them away as a birthday present to a young drive. Its a 1/24 bit car, you need to build the chassis like a snap together model. And the packaging makes the bodies look good, but in real life they are pretty bad looking. Xmods have better looking bodies...

marc
2007.01.08, 08:09 PM
thanks fro the info. I figured the chassis wasn't good. I just didn't know about the bodies. I'll stay away from theme then.................thanks!

Roketmini
2007.01.08, 10:17 PM
Agreed. If you really want an RX8 or Trueno your best bet would be to get a model kit, and maybe a Revell tuner series model kit to butcher for the aero kit parts. Don't forget the filler putty! :D

FatPenguin
2007.04.10, 07:23 AM
Ummm... Does anyone have experience painting these Aero RCs? Would appreciate advice. Thanks!

myscoobysti
2007.04.10, 12:58 PM
Ummm... Does anyone have experience painting these Aero RCs? Would appreciate advice. Thanks!

Don't waste your time, the plastic is really, really thin. You'll be better off with a white autoscale.